[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Moldova

I`m wondering if ti`s normal that 4.2.1 drains more battery than cm7.2

battery ~18months; wi-fi,gps,data OFF

Total Used : 18H = 48%

Night : 9H = 4%

Day : 9H = 44%

Screen : 2H = 16%

2G Co+SBy : 9H = 11%+5%=16%

MP3Speaker: 30M = 5%

____

37%

Edited by Moldova

Guest Pranav Jindal

can anyone help-

if i need to switch to any other ROM, do i need to format system too??

because as far as i know whenever we need to install any new ROM, we just need to factory reset and wipe dalvik. that's what every forum says.

once i did formatted system while installing a ROM(as written in thread's instruction), everything was good. installation was successful. but when i tried to restore from the nandroid backup i made, my ext partition was messed up after restore.(my backup was not corrupted for sure). i lost all my apps...

so i'm afraid to format system while installing new ROM.

Guest Moldova
When you're going to a new ROM, you need to wipe nearly everything, including system, data, cache, dalvik.

If you choose to ignore this expert advice, please don't come back with complaints about the rom.

Formatting /system clears out the existing operating system so that there are no remnants remaining when the new operating system is put into place.

Q:If I wipe the system before flashing a new ROM will my apps remain intact with their data?

A: Yes, they will stay intact with a /system wipe. However, with a factory reset or /data wipe, your apps will be gone.

Edited by Moldova

Guest elrond_bs

@ Pranav Jindal: Formating system is not required, just a precaution. When you install new ROM, it is done automatically. Do it just in case, to ensure nothing remains from previous ROM.

When you have ext partition and install a new ROM, you need to relink all ext apps again in the new ROM, otherwise they won't be recognized! Refer to you program help on how to do it (for Link2SD - here)

Guest Pranav Jindal

@ Pranav Jindal: Formating system is not required, just a precaution. When you install new ROM, it is done automatically. Do it just in case, to ensure nothing remains from previous ROM.

When you have ext partition and install a new ROM, you need to relink all ext apps again in the new ROM, otherwise they won't be recognized! Refer to you program help on how to do it (for Link2SD - here)

thank you for a polite and adequate reply. :)

Guest elrond_bs

Some of the applications I use are not compatible with this version of Android. Is there any workaround how to run these applications on this ROM?

For example this one:

https://play.google....mRuaXJhZHkiXQ..

If it doesn't work on 4.2 - no. Incompatible means incompatible. Write to the author to improve compatibility.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest DoubleM101

Hey,

Theres any issue concerning the battery life? I´ve installed this rom yesterday at night at full charge and today at afternoon the battery was fully depleted. I have not much software installed and on the bat statistics it says the most discharge was caused on idle

An update: it seems ok after the first reboot / recharge

Edited by DoubleM101

Guest elrond_bs

You need several charging cycles until battery is at optimal level. You can't know real battery usage of any ROM until at least few days of using it.

Guest SagartT

And another question, how do you go to developer options? I can't seem to find that option.

Go to Settings -> Telephone information (the last menu at the bottom) -> 7x tap on Build number

Guest Pranav Jindal

hey, can our blade connect to computer as a media device as most of xperia phones do. :huh:

In xperia, there is no need to mount phone as usb storage. it just connects as a media player on its own, and we can easily access sdcard both in phone and computer at the same time.

and can i some how disable that usb storage pop up?? its quite annoying :angry:

Edited by Pranav Jindal

hey, can our blade connect to computer as a media device as most of xperia phones do. :huh:

In xperia, there is no need to mount phone as usb storage. it just connects as a media player on its own, and we can easily access sdcard both in phone and computer at the same time.

and can i some how disable that usb storage pop up?? its quite annoying :angry:

What you are referring to is MTP mode I believe, if a CM build supports this you can usually change the USB mode to MTP (don't think our blade has this option though)

To stop the pop up enable USB debugging

Guest Pranav Jindal

how do I force request date and time from network?

since then i'm on ics of jb, my date gets disturbed over night, i don't know how. :blink: and I've to correct that manually. :(

so how can I force request date and time from network? just like an "update now" button ^_^ .

Edited by Pranav Jindal

Guest Ganster

We can enable MTP mode with new USB drivers in kernel, but where get drivers for this device? Blade hasn't MTP in any other ROM, so no suitable drivers for resulting VEN/DEV pair.

Hi guys,

I am first time partioned my SD card but its not showing in portion info. Please sujest me what should I do to make it working?

Download S2E on page #2

Guest Sulthekk

We can enable MTP mode with new USB drivers in kernel, but where get drivers for this device? Blade hasn't MTP in any other ROM, so no suitable drivers for resulting VEN/DEV pair.

What about just modifying an existing driver?

On linux, I think we have source for at least one of them.

On windows, it can be be added to the driver.inf file (plain text).

On a mac, it may be possible to add it to the Info.plist file (plain text, in an xml-like format) of the kext (Kernel EXTension, which itself is a directory with it's name ending with .kext. They are the drivers of the mac world.).

Edited by Sulthekk

What about just modifying an existing driver?

On linux, I think we have source for at least one of them.

On windows, it can be be added to the driver.inf file (plain text).

On a mac, it may be possible to add it to the Info.plist file (plain text, in an xml-like format) of the kext (Kernel EXTension, which itself is a directory with it's name ending with .kext. They are the drivers of the mac world.).

but why do we need mtp isnt data storage mode enough...

Guest gaarared23

Does anyone have problems with sd card? Sometimes says that sd card is damaged when it's working on other phones. Now I can't do nothing, even install other rom, because on mode recovery says that "sd card can't be mounted"...

I've tried to format on pc and on phone but doesn't fix the problem. Any sugestions? Thanks.

First of all, KonstaT, thanks for working on blade. :)

I have couple questions, just out of curiosity:

1. currently Im using cm9 build. Works like a charm for daily use. Is it worth moving to cm10.1?

2. What is preinstalled launcher at cm10.1 build?

3. Do I need to use that modified s2e (from second page) or can I download s2e app from play store? And if yes, just flash it and thats all?