[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest dreis911

I don't know, I wasn't very interested in FM at first, but implementing it turned out to be quite interesting, especially the RDS stuff which I am messing with at the moment.

That would be sweet!!!!

Imiss the days when my Blade used to show me the RDS info of the FM station I was on :wub: .... that's when I was using GB...

...... I miss it a lot (I'll go back to my room and cry) :blush:

I don't know, I wasn't very interested in FM at first, but implementing it turned out to be quite interesting, especially the RDS stuff which I am messing with at the moment.

Cheers. Keep up the good work :)

Guest KonstaT

Sorry for my misunderstanding. I thought below changes from CM10.1 regarding FM Radio support

http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/31139/

http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/30657/

Which you have reverted on 11​.2.2013 changelog:

• reverted commits (1,2) that caused 'Process system isn't responding' issue on every reboot

But above issue is fixed in below patch for CM10.1:

http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/32554/

Along with FM Radio App support made by Daemond for CM10 with his great efforts will make implementation of FM Radio in this CM10.1 (4.2.2) ROM feasible with minimal efforts.

Never mind KonstaT. Really Appreciate your efforts for this ROM :)

Probably Daemond could take this FM Radio work on CM10.1 (4.2.2) forward :P

No, you don't understand. That is only the ST-Ericsson implementation. There is no Qualcomm support merged in CM10.1 that we need for volume control/audio in general to work (1,2).

Implementing FM radio in CM10.1 is not possible with minimal effort. It's not simple as applying a patch as you seem to think.

Guest Geet Singhal

Has anyone tested the latest update? I have just flashed it and it seems really sluggish. Don't know why though. :|

Is there anyone else who's experiencing the same problem or is it just me? :o Please suggest some solution :)

By the way a big thanks to the developer whose constant efforts have finally led our blade to run Jellybean 4.2 :D

Guest dreis911

Has anyone tested the latest update? I have just flashed it and it seems really sluggish. Don't know why though. :|

Yes. I came from CM9kk and it was smoother than this one. I'm still trying to adapt to it.... "Don't know why though. :|" :D

Guest Geet Singhal

Hahaha..Actually I was expecting a smoother and snappier rom, but this one didn't quite live up to my expectations. :P

Reverting back to CM10 for now. :huh:

Guest peetu20

Hahaha..Actually I was expecting a smoother and snappier rom, but this one didn't quite live up to my expectations. :P

i agree, latest cm10.1 seems to be pretty laggy and especially scrolling is bad, i am on cm10 too, because it supports ad hoc networks,,, cm10.1 does not,,,

Guest NELLY11

well , i am using this rom's latest (20/2/2013) update and something weird happened yesterday . i kept my phone on the table to do some work and after a few minutes i picked up the phone , pressed the power button and the screen didn't switch on. i also did hold the power button to see if i it could boot the device but the screen simply wont start. then i removed the battery and put it back and booted the phone and it booted normally, and it still had 77% battery left. why or how did that happen ?

Does it for me quite a bit on the previous version of this (approx 2 weeks ago)

Have to remove battery and restart - hadnt done it on previous versions of this rom and other roms

Regards

Guest khizhny

Good luck. It would be great to have station presets also, but of course, its up to you. :D.

Guest speedftw

Sorry if this has been asked before but does the voice input work for anyone? pressing the microphone button doesn't let me speak to it.

I can't use the voice input in Google Now. It always says:"Didn't catch that. Try speaking again." immediately after I touch the microphone icon.

Guest shezar

I can't use the voice input in Google Now. It always says:"Didn't catch that. Try speaking again." immediately after I touch the microphone icon.

Noone can, it's a limitation that cannot be fixed.

apply an update sir konstat :-P other roms have fm radio reciever now

Please don't do this. He may or may not include a semi-functional radio in his builds, that's entirely up to him. I'd also love to see it in cm10.1 but he has to decide whether fm radio is good to go or not.

Edited by shezar

Guest HDuser

Please don't do this. He may or may not include a semi-functional radio in his builds, that's entirely up to him. I'd also love to see it in cm10.1 but he has to decide whether fm radio is good to go or not.

FM radio works fine on my side, but its UI need to be optimized which is too basic and next to useless.

Guest elrond_bs

apply an update sir konstat :-P other roms have fm radio reciever now

Learn to read:

Huh, who's said anything about a release with FM radio? It's all currently experimental at best.

CM10.1 is still missing all qcom fm implementations. Changes to our device's audio should also be reimplemented for 4.2 api. I really don't have the time/energy/interest to do any of it.

It's not an update to be applied, it has to be reimplemented for 4.2! KonstaT has a new phone and no longer works actively on this ROM, so he couldn't be bothered with such thing. There will be no FM radio for this ROM (at least not by KonstaT). Stop whining. ;)

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest speedftw

Thanks for the reply. I tried to find something about it but couldn't find it.

Guest KonstaT

@KonstaT

Will you support this rom or not ?

You think that if I don't release a new build every three days, it means no support? I simply don't have any obligation to fulfill your every unreasonable request - I don't owe you anything! I've made this ROM for myself and I've been kind enough to share it.

If you want something done right now - you better do it yourself. It even says on the first post. I've kept everything open source and up to date - there is nothing stopping you if you want to start maintaining a build!

Guest dreis911

i agree, latest cm10.1 seems to be pretty laggy and especially scrolling is bad, i am on cm10 too, because it supports ad hoc networks,,, cm10.1 does not,,,

I've been messing with the "Developer options" settings:

I've set "Disable HW overlays", "Force GPU rendering" and "Force 4x MSAA" and it seems that this CM10.1kk got smoother!

For those of you that fully understand what these settings really mean, could you post a simple explanation of the "pros and cons" of using them?

Edited by dreis911

Guest adipec

You think that if I don't release a new build every three days, it means no support? I simply don't have any obligation to fulfill your every unreasonable request - I don't owe you anything! I've made this ROM for myself and I've been kind enough to share it.

If you want something done right now - you better do it yourself. It even says on the first post. I've kept everything open source and up to date - there is nothing stopping you if you want to start maintaining a build!

i am not as good in programming as you.sorry i wouldn't support this rom :P i am only user of your releases, nothing more :)

Guest ds-driver

@KonstaT:

thank you very much for your development.

I hope you will not be shocked from some unashamedly demands here.

I think it's not okay, that there are some guys, which demand and demand... If we do not have people like you, we had only our ZTE stock ROM...

Hope the insolent challengers won´t stop your efforts in development of future magnificient roms....

I think that had to be said here ...

Greetings from Germany

P.

I've been messing with the "Developer options" settings:

I've set "Disable HW overlays", "Force GPU rendering" and "Force 4x MSAA" and it seems that this CM10.1kk got smoother!

For those of you that fully understand what these settings really mean, could you post a simple explanation of the "pros and cons" of using them?

4x Multi Sampling Anti Aliasing, will try to smooth edges on fonts, images, shapes etc - if anything it may slow your phone down as it requires GPU/CPU processing