[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest dreis911

4x Multi Sampling Anti Aliasing, will try to smooth edges on fonts, images, shapes etc - if anything it may slow your phone down as it requires GPU/CPU processing

Understood! Thanks for explaining.

Now, about "HW overlays"... What do you say?

Is the CPU overload with graphics overcome the poor graphics development of the GPU?... having (for that) a positive/faster/smoother GUI and Apps?

What's your opinion?

Understood! Thanks for explaining.

Now, about "HW overlays"... What do you say?

Is the CPU overload with graphics overcome the poor graphics development of the GPU?... having (for that) a positive/faster/smoother GUI and Apps?

What's your opinion?

To be honest I'm not sure what 'disable HW overlays' does, someone else will explain. I know that force GPU rendering might not have much effect as any well written app already uses GPU rendering where available

Guest peetu20

To be honest I'm not sure what 'disable HW overlays' does, someone else will explain. I know that force GPU rendering might not have much effect as any well written app already uses GPU rendering where available

forcing 2d gpu rendering makes huge difference in scrolling in adobe reader and android assistant. I recommend everyone to use it!

Guest dreis911

forcing 2d gpu rendering makes huge difference in scrolling in adobe reader and android assistant. I recommend everyone to use it!

That's why I noticed some improvement on the GUI!

I can speak for it too.

To be honest I'm not sure what 'disable HW overlays' does, someone else will explain.

Android can use hardware overlays instead of OpenGL ES for fast(er) composition. In the best case composition becomes a no-op. However, hardware overlays are not supported on the Blade, so this doesn't have any effect.

Guest adipec

Have you already got a ticket? ;)

tickets?of course :) for you and all members of your family Edited by adipec

Guest MistahBaxtah

I remember that Gangster tried to port 3.x kernel for Blade. Does anyone know has he made progress or is the project perhaps rejected as impossible?

Guest elrond_bs

@adipec & @Blow Jobs - please stop it or you may eat the BANana! Use private messages if you want to insult each other!

I remember that Gangster tried to port 3.x kernel for Blade. Does anyone know has he made progress or is the project perhaps rejected as impossible?

There is a pre-alpha version or something like that (but not by daemond, he won't work on it) - half working. AFAIK 3.x is not worthed - nothing serious to gain over our 2.x and very hard to fix and improve. To replace a stable and good working kernel with experimental and unstable is not a good idea. Especially considering that our phone is very old and fewer devs are working on it actively.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest lcf80

Screenshot_2013-02-24-15-37-33.jpg

Any ideea how to repair this? You have it too if you pay close attention

Had the same problem in CM10.1, and laggy animation when pressing power button. Both problems gone after switching to CM10-20130226 by daemond. Miss few features from JB 4.2, though, so hope it's possible to fix the graphics here, too.

Guest dreis911

Had the same problem in CM10.1, and laggy animation when pressing power button. Both problems gone after switching to CM10-20130226 by daemond. Miss few features from JB 4.2, though, so hope it's possible to fix the graphics here, too.

What features?... if I may ask.

It happens that this cm10.1 has already frozen twice on me!!! :angry2:

This second time it even rebooted itself. So, given that, and the fact that cm10 has "FM radio" I'm really considering the change.

Edited by dreis911

Guest lcf80

What features?... if I may ask.

It happens that this cm10.1 has already frozen twice on me!!! :angry2:

This second time it even rebooted itself. So, given that, and the fact that cm10 has "FM radio" I'm really considering the change.

I liked few small things in 4.2 UI, like new alarm clock or enhanced notifications. But stability and smoothness are more important to me, so sticking to CM10 for daily use, and observing how CM10.1 port is going (looks like it's more changes under the hood between 4.1 and 4.2 than most of us thought).

Edited by lcf80

A 3.x kernel doesn't offer any specific advantages. The stuff that is useful has been backported to ZTE's 2.6.35 version already. It's much easier to port some drivers to an old kernel than to port *everything*, including all the mess ZTE made, to a new kernel.

Guest kogos

tbh, differences under the hood between cm10 and cm10.1 are many, but they dont really show in the end. For smoothness and stability (not that this is not stable enough though), i went back to cm10, but checking and changing to cm10.1 all the time to see updates first hand.

Guest Splint69

I overwrote my current system and forgot to install gapps, now play store doesn't work. Could it be that CWM is not included, because nothing happens after power+volume is pressed?

for some reason I cant get rom manager to work (put it on sdcard and installed) - it crashes on startup.

Guest dreis911

I overwrote my current system and forgot to install gapps, now play store doesn't work. Could it be that CWM is not included, because nothing happens after power+volume is pressed?

for some reason I cant get rom manager to work (put it on sdcard and installed) - it crashes on startup.

1st - How did you overwrite your system?

2nd - When powering your phone, I assume you don't let go of vol- until it starts booting. Right?

Guest Splint69

1st - How did you overwrite your system?

2nd - When powering your phone, I assume you don't let go of vol- until it starts booting. Right?

Works now.

Well, by owerwriting I meant, not wipeing /data, dalvik cache and all that stuff. I simply installed zip on top of my current rom without doing any previous setting up (because I was lazy to backup app datas and wanted to avoid that part)

@2nd: O, my god....... Well, I never release vol- before CWM loads, but I must have done something wrong this time. I double checked, and pressed HARD, now it loads... Could be that my volume buttons are not that sensitive. What is more, I'm not newbie in this but now I feel the opposite - it was pretty embarrassing for me to ask such a question xd.

Thanks anway!

Edited by Splint69

Guest balintant

@KonstaT

Good work! This is the best ZTE Blade rom I've ever tried (except the CM10 version of this maybe).

I've disabled the Hardware Overlays, forced GPU rendering for 2d drawing and 4x MSAA in OpenGL, but the Keyboard should be much faster and better. Now I have to wait about half a minute sometimes to my texts appear.

Can you help me in this?

Thanks,

Bálint.

Edited by balintant

Guest encore.neil

unable to connect to wifi using this rom.

under wifi its keeps on repeating authenticating followed by obtaining ip address and then again it goes back to authenticating..

it does not connent to wifi.