[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest khadu

@KonstaT

Good work! This is the best ZTE Blade rom I've ever tried (except the CM10 version of this maybe).

I've disabled the Hardware Overlays, forced GPU rendering for 2d drawing and 4x MSAA in OpenGL, but the Keyboard should be much faster and better. Now I have to wait about half a minute sometimes to my texts appear.

Can you help me in this?

Thanks,

Bálint.

all u have to do is , go to settings - language and input- android keyboard settings- disable pop ups on key press ; and it works as fast as it can be :-)

Guest dreis911

The only probleme with JB 4.2.2 for me was NDrive 10: not working any more !!!

it is not the gps problem, cause GpsStatus and Free Mappy works whitout issue.

I'm going to try NDrive 11 or sygic navigator

Subject already posted here:

Read the answer:

Guest balintant
all u have to do is , go to settings - language and input- android keyboard settings- disable pop ups on key press ; and it works as fast as it can be :-)

Thanks!

It is faster now, but is still not perfect. I still have to wait a bit (but it is a much more tolerable now).

Guest Janil

If I were to uninstall Google Now, can I get the latest version of the old Google search box from somewhere? Play search didn't yield any results, it seems Google Now has fully taken over.

Guest alfred_i_kwak

If I were to uninstall Google Now, can I get the latest version of the old Google search box from somewhere? Play search didn't yield any results, it seems Google Now has fully taken over.

Yes, please remove Google Now from the ROM and replace with old Google Search so that

the voice keyboard is working. <_<

Guest balintant
Yes, please remove Google Now from the ROM and replace with old Google Search so that

the voice keyboard is working. <_<

Why don't you do that on your own? It is not a big thing. You can find a lot of solutions in your friend (Google).

Guest alfred_i_kwak

Why don't you do that on your own? It is not a big thing. You can find a lot of solutions in your friend (Google).

Don't know what to remove and what to install. :(

Guest Cata_Simi

well google now is a bit laggy, slow and not the latest version (google droped support for armv6) but is better than google search i suppose, Voice search works (only if accesed from drawer)

Guest asklepyo

@asklepyo

Zte can accept partition of type Ext3 and Ext4 without problem. I used GParted for my SD and make 2 primary partitions : first one as Fat32 and the second as Ext3.

Link2Sd works like a charm..

OK I'll try that! but I wonder why someone said that only fat32 works on ZTE Blade

Guest KonstaT

New build. Please read this post before you do anything!

System size with the latest update (+ gapps from the op) is now bigger than 160mb! It is roughly 160,3mb. You need to TPT for a bigger system partition or trim the ROM first (e.g. unneeded dictionaries in LatinIME.apk are easy to remove). It's simple as that, it doesn't fit 160mb system partition anymore. Don't believe the guy on internet message board who says it fits and works just fine for him/her. :P

FM radio support is now included but volume control is still a bit tricky sometimes. Hardware acceleration is disabled on lockscreen so it's a bit slower than on the previous release. You can enable it again by changing ro.hwaccel.lockscreen to 1 in build.prop. This will cause a small issue where lower part of lockscreen is zoomed/shifted to the right.

cm-10.1-20130306-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...d828r9vrpjc8aul

md5:1dcb6d915f734917d1294ef4d024984a

-FM radio with RDS support (thanks to daemond)

-qcom-fm: audio: add support for FM feature (1,2,3)

-FM Radio: avoid deadlock when disabling RDS (1)

-update KGSL from CAF, fixes GPU out of memory issues (i.e. white textures, thanks to daemond)

-disable camera hdr

-disable hw acceleration on lockscreen

-fix navbar height option

-bring back Apollo music player

-Apollo: Fetch album art from media provider if present (1)

-new Superuser (merged)

Guest excel0

Nice job fixing the white texture bug. :) I though it was just my IO scheduler (noop) so I switched to sio but still had the problem. Anyway, why did you disable HW Acceleration on the Lockscreen? :mellow:

Guest dreis911

Don't know what to remove and what to install. :(

I suggest you unzip the ROM to your PC and start to "look" at the files inside /system folder.

You'll see that it may be simpler than you think.

FM radio support is now included but volume control is still a bit tricky sometimes. Hardware acceleration is disable on lockscreen so it's a bit slower than on the previous release. You can enable it again by changing ro.hwaccel.lockscreen to 1 in build.prop. This will cause a small issue where lower part of lockscreen is zoomed/shifted to the right.

-FM radio with RDS support (thanks to daemond)

-qcom-fm: audio: add support for FM feature (1,2,3)

-FM Radio: avoid deadlock when disabling RDS (1)

You guys are beautiful :wub: Thank you very much to both of you.

I'm gonna try it right away.

Konsta, if I trim it down to fit the 160 what do I need to wipe (just the dalvik)?

Guest KonstaT

Nice job fixing the white texture bug. :) I though it was just my IO scheduler (noop) so I switched to sio but still had the problem. Anyway, why did you disable HW Acceleration on the Lockscreen? :mellow:

I did nothing to fix the white texture bug. Never even noticed such issue (I don't play games).

If you actually read the post that says 'please read this post before you do anything', you'll find your answer ;)

Guest asklepyo

I've 120-130 apps. You've to use S2E to get more apps to be installed. :D

I tried but it seems that s2e doesnt work with cynagenmod 10.1, some people reported the same problem..or maybe we are doing something wrong?

Guest kcusoundman

I tried but it seems that s2e doesnt work with cynagenmod 10.1, some people reported the same problem..or maybe we are doing something wrong?

Works fine for me. Been putting the latest version on - just wiping Dalvik Cache - as they come out and s2e works fine. You HAVE to use the version linked at the start of this thread.

Guest peetu20

it fixes the overlapping in lscreen

Guest anantk

What a pleasant surprise by including FM Radio support in this 4.2.2 ROM :o

Thanks a lot KonstaT and Daemond. Really appreciate your efforts :)

Now we have fully functional JB 4.2.2 ROM on our Blade :D

Guest anantk

-new Superuser (merged)

Do we need to first uninstall existing Superuser application before upgrading with this new update?

Guest megamusty

Thanks KonstaT.

You have done a great job.

thanks you Daemond too for your work and thank you all who spend time here to help us 'simples mortals'.

Edited by megamusty

Guest dreis911

-bring back Apollo music player

-Apollo: Fetch album art from media provider if present (1)

Why? Won't "music.apk" work? Is there any problem with it? Or is it just a decision based in your preference?

(I'm not judging just to know if I can switch them back)

Do we need to first uninstall existing Superuser application before upgrading with this new update?

Yes... what do you mean by (merged)? Merged where? (I can't find it)

Guest leripe

Why? Won't "music.apk" work? Is there any problem with it? Or is it just a decision based in your preference?

(I'm not judging just to know if I can switch them back)

Yes... what do you mean by (merged)? Merged where? (I can't find it)

it's better, you can use the old music.apk if you want by replacing it in the before flashing or so. he just updated it probably to the latest version.