[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest dreis911

Hi, i wonder how'd you do that,

Can i just do it like open the ROM with xplore then system/app copy the LatinIME.apk to other directory change the extension of the copied file from .apk to .zip so i can open the LatinIME.zip with explore then proceed to \res\raw and delete some files leaving main.dict and main_en.dict because i only use English language. next is rename the trimmed file to LatinIME.apk and put back to the ROM. is this right? please confirm

No one is born knowing everything... everyone has to learn. Right?

But to learn you have to listen/read!

If you read the posts behind you would find your answers...

Too many people come to the topic and just throw your questions/doubts without the effort of reading the posts earlier to the last one.

What everyone should do is pickup the last post read and continue to read forward.

That way it would save many many posts saying what's been said and questioning what's been questioned.... OK?

Now. About the "how to do it":

1. You keep your ROM.zip intact.

2. Unzip it to a folder.

3. You'll find a "/system/app" folders with the file "LatinIME.apk" (that's the one we want).

4. Open this file with Winzip, Winrar, 7zip, whatever you use...

5. You'll find several "main_**.dict" files inside "/res/raw folders".

6. Delete the languages (*.dict files) you don't need and save the "LatinIME.apk" file.

7. Open the ROM with the UnZiper and the "/system/app" folders and delete the "LatinIME.apk" inside.

8. Throw the new "LatinIME.apk" file to that folder and save the ROM.zip..... Voilá!!!

Guest JobSup

Hi, o.k. radio, good work. NAVIGON does not work, it starts, but then crashes. In JB 4.1 o.k. Please advice. thanks

Latest version of NAVIGON Select is running fine here, no problems at all.

Guest NorwegianLabel

Hey guys, the installation of the newest rom worked on my 160 mb system partition, it is right below 160 mb at 159.96mb.

Guest Walwon

It's simple as that, it doesn't fit 160mb system partition anymore. Don't believe the guy on internet message board who says it fits and works just fine for him/her. :P

:-)

Guest dreis911

It's just like I said!

People just wont read the posts, just run their eyes over the text looking for links to download some files.

When the problems arrive, they don't even know that they were warned.

P.S.: I know that most of us won't read this post either.

Guest DonJelowElKabil

S2E dont work. It's work like a charm on 4.1.2 but not on 4.2.2 ! Can you include it like in PACman ROM 4.1.2? Thanks

Edited by DonJelowElKabil

Guest just.sandoo

very good job, KonstaT, very smooth and fast rom, BUT:

1. The S2E script is no longer working on the latest build(as noticed many users)

2. I have noticed a very hard drain of the battery during the night.. For exemple, when I go to sleep the battery is about 90%, in the morning is something near 70%..did full wipe + wiped battery stats and charged properly but unfortunately the problem did not disappear. On previous builds from january it worked ok for me, but with the latest 3 I have problems regarding the battery. Also, I have checked everytime if there were any apps active in background but did not find anything..

3.The status bar usually doesn't open properly, I have to lock the screen then try again.

Regards.

Guest raizor6th

No one is born knowing everything... everyone has to learn. Right?

But to learn you have to listen/read!

If you read the posts behind you would find your answers... http://www.modaco.co...00#entry2098715

Too many people come to the topic and just throw your questions/doubts without the effort of reading the posts earlier to the last one.

What everyone should do is pickup the last post read and continue to read forward.

That way it would save many many posts saying what's been said and questioning what's been questioned.... OK?

Now. About the "how to do it":

1. You keep your ROM.zip intact.

2. Unzip it to a folder.

3. You'll find a "/system/app" folders with the file "LatinIME.apk" (that's the one we want).

4. Open this file with Winzip, Winrar, 7zip, whatever you use...

5. You'll find several "main_**.dict" files inside "/res/raw folders".

6. Delete the languages (*.dict files) you don't need and save the "LatinIME.apk" file.

7. Open the ROM with the UnZiper and the "/system/app" folders and delete the "LatinIME.apk" inside.

8. Throw the new "LatinIME.apk" file to that folder and save the ROM.zip..... Voilá!!!

yeah right man, sorry about that i done it already. though i did a bit different method and there was a lot of method :P anyway thanks.

and to konstaT cheeers..