[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest belate13

Hi! I have started to use Bluetooth (turned on all the time) and notice battery drain. I have used BetterBatteryStats to collect statistics and found that “msm_serial_hs_dma” wakelock was held all the time. Do anyone have the same situation?

I use 6.3. build on zte libra

PS I found solution for similar problem on another device http://blog.cryptomi...d-deep-sleep/ May it help?

Same problem here, bluetooth drains battery. Also, i have some random pairing issues that i didn't had with previous version of this rom.

Thank for you work KonstaT

Guest ashvedov

I have problem discovering Bluetooth devices too. I tried several times and had to reboot to see another device. not libra nor another phone found each other before reboot

Edited by ashvedov

Guest brob57

I have problem discovering Bluetooth devices too. I tried several times and had to reboot to see another device. not libra nor another phone found each other before reboot

Same problem for me

Guest pril3pa

Hi

First of all , I wanna thank Konsta for his great work.

Now , this ROM is the best of all previous ones I used , but I have a problem.

There is a system process , netd , that is eating from 50 to 80% of my CPU constantly. I used watchdog to monitor it.

Tried to disable almost everything in the network settings - Wifi,mobile data , syncing , background data. Then I put the phone in Flight Mode , but this continues.

Problem is the battery drains pretty quickly and the phone becomes very laggy.

The only solution I have found is to switch it off and power it on again. This gives me about 2-3 hours of normal operation.

Is there someone that can help me up with this problem , cause I really like the ROM :)

Thanks in advance

Guest peetu20

Hi

First of all , I wanna thank Konsta for his great work.

Now , this ROM is the best of all previous ones I used , but I have a problem.

There is a system process , netd , that is eating from 50 to 80% of my CPU constantly. I used watchdog to monitor it.

Tried to disable almost everything in the network settings - Wifi,mobile data , syncing , background data. Then I put the phone in Flight Mode , but this continues.

Problem is the battery drains pretty quickly and the phone becomes very laggy.

The only solution I have found is to switch it off and power it on again. This gives me about 2-3 hours of normal operation.

Is there someone that can help me up with this problem , cause I really like the ROM :)

Thanks in advance

Reflash whole ROM again, and remember to wipe everything, /system too.

If this doesnt help, download ROM and gapps again. And check md5 sum at the konstaTs first post. If it mismatches, download again, until it matches

Guest pril3pa

It was my 10th flash mate - the only thing I did not wipe was the battery stats. Two days later did it , cause wanted to test if it was the problem.

MD5s were in check. Can someone here at least tell me what this process netd is responsible for?

From the web it seems that it has something to do with the mobile networks switching and etc. May be the problem is in my operator's network , cause the phone constantly goes between GPRS and EDGE (I use it only in 2G mode , never 3G because my data is limited to 128kbps and there is no point).

Thanks

Guest khizhny
It was my 10th flash mate - the only thing I did not wipe was the battery stats. Two days later did it , cause wanted to test if it was the problem.

MD5s were in check. Can someone here at least tell me what this process netd is responsible for?

From the web it seems that it has something to do with the mobile networks switching and etc. May be the problem is in my operator's network , cause the phone constantly goes between GPRS and EDGE (I use it only in 2G mode , never 3G because my data is limited to 128kbps and there is no point).

Thanks

Battery drain can be caused by bad gsm signal level. Phone uses more power to send signal to base station. Edge and gprs aslo needs more power in that case.

Guest prasad_den

Coming from a CM9 nightly, this ROM is amazing with regards to battery life. Previously, for my usage, the battery lasted for around 30 to 32 hours; now, it is a minimum of 56 hours, once even barely reaching the 64 hour mark. My usage pattern hasn't changed, and my settings are all similar since the day I bought this mobile. Have to hand over the credit to the ROM. My Blade isn't retiring any time soon.

Guest dreis911

Thanks

About the process, I don't know, but is your partition large enough to fit the ROM + GApps?

That would be around 160MB. Is that what you have?

Guest marcosinus

Try to remove DSP Manager (for example, rename '/system/app/DSPManager.apk' to '/system/app/DSPManager.old' using ES File Explorer in root access mode). It solved Bluetooth issue on my Blade.

Guest Andrei Lisnic

If I change the background processes limit, it will be reset after reboot. With no background processes my phone lasts for 3-4 days (overclocked to 700 mhz). The limit did not reset on previous ROM versions. The latest ROM was flashed on top of previous version with cache and dalvik cache wiped.

Does anyone have this issue?

Guest pril3pa

About the process, I don't know, but is your partition large enough to fit the ROM + GApps?

That would be around 160MB. Is that what you have?

Yup , the firmware I used a year ago was for 160mb system partition and 2 mb cache. I did remove some language packs though , but it looked like it could have been flashed straight without deleting them.

Is there someone that can tell me what is the NETD process responsible for ?

Guest dreis911

Yup , the firmware I used a year ago was for 160mb system partition and 2 mb cache. I did remove some language packs though , but it looked like it could have been flashed straight without deleting them.

Is there someone that can tell me what is the NETD process responsible for ?

I still don't know what netd process is, but, taka a look at this: http://code.google.com/p/cooper-cyanogen/issues/detail?id=59

Can you kill the process too?

Guest Homeye

(sorry for my bad language, english isn't my native)

Hi! Thanks for that great ROM. This was my first ROM change and it was really easy to change it :)

I have 2 issues with the radio. First, i can't save stations, but it's not a big problem. Second, when the radio is on and somebody calls me (or i call somebody), i can hear the radio during the phonecall. It's not shut/mute itself (like in the official 2.2 rom). Is there any solution for that?

Edited by Homeye

Guest Paul Shirley

I'm experiencing a problem with my ADATA MicroSDHC 16GB card (class 4).

I tried the new card in my laptop. Formatted fine (FAT32 - just like the old one)

I'm guessing you formatted in Windows. Format it in the phone, if you want an sdext partition, format in recovery. Windows and some tools on Windows will create a bad format that only Windows can reliably use. Trashed a 16Gb partition trying to repartition with Minitool Partition Wizard not so long ago after forgetting that rule...

Guest matcho13579

I'm guessing you formatted in Windows. Format it in the phone, if you want an sdext partition, format in recovery. Windows and some tools on Windows will create a bad format that only Windows can reliably use. Trashed a 16Gb partition trying to repartition with Minitool Partition Wizard not so long ago after forgetting that rule...

I repartitioned numerous of SD cards for Android smartphones using PC and not trashed a single one, so there's no problem with Windows or software...

Edited by matcho13579

Guest mitchde

What about to include the effem fm radio app into next build (has stations)? The CM10 build has included that. I dont know if i can only use the effem.app from CM 10 here (or need some libs, other things too). (screenshoots of CM10 blade with that radioapp at pages 25+26 of CM 10 thread).

https://github.com/g...ages_apps_Effem

Edited by mitchde

Guest mrz_hun

Is it possible to get the ZTE Blade support into the official CM 10.1?

I don't know what the procedure is to get all the ZTE specific stuff into the official sources.

I know Konstat is probably busy with real life stuff, but it would be great if could get more regular updates.

Guest greg121

I don't know what the procedure is to get all the ZTE specific stuff into the official sources.

I know Konstat is probably busy with real life stuff, but it would be great if could get more regular updates.

Don't think this gonna happen and the updates are pretty regular, right now the ROM is almost perfect. To me it seems everything is working.

Guest rrewolf

There is bug with FM radio. When FM radio is playing and I'm receiving call, FM radio didn't stop play. And when I'm unpluging my headphones to answer the call (because I dont have headphones with mic), I dont have any sound, because FM radio is working and thinking, that headphones are plugged.

Sorry for my english. I hope, developer will understand. :)

P.S For correctly sound working, after using FM radio I must stop the radio with | | button and exit from radio with Back button.

Edited by rrewolf

Hi KonstaT,

Could you please confirm that this commit is part of last build?

The list of merged but not credited commit suggests it, but I'd just like to be sure, because I get the exact same message I used to have before this option was enabled.

Thanks again for your work & help!

Guest KonstaT

ARMv6 devices won't be supported beyond CM7.

There's instructions in the third post. Nothing stopping you from updating twice a day if you want. :P

Hi KonstaT,

Could you please confirm that this commit is part of last build?

The list of merged but not credited commit suggests it, but I'd just like to be sure, because I get the exact same message I used to have before this option was enabled.

Thanks again for your work & help!

I don't think so. It was reverted right after it was merged.