[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest zamiere

You'd have to have been here longer to understand. User I was referring to is a known troll and he/she has already used several fake profiles with similar nicknames as actual forum members.

Clearly you have no idea what CyanogenMod is. I don't generally add or remove features and I'm not even supposed to. Great, you don't want to use pie controls. Is unticking the settings box too difficult for you?

Indeed.

Guest dreis911

BUT , i need to change to partitions and i don't know how to do that . Can you help me with the upgrade process Konstat?

You could start by doing a search, and you would find this (among other posts): http://www.modaco.co...00#entry2104955

Or you could go to Amphoras site and use one of his TPTs: http://amphoras.co.u...oads/blade-tpts

Just remember: this ROM requires 160MB.

Edited by dreis911

Guest dreis911

Clearly you have no idea what CyanogenMod is. I don't generally add or remove features and I'm not even supposed to. Great, you don't want to use pie controls. Is unticking the settings box too difficult for you?

Hey KonstaT don't get me wrong but I don't have any reference to "Pie Controls" in my Setting either.

Where should I see it? Under System section?

Guest Janil

Im not complaning about it, just wanna report the same bug i use 4.1.2 daemond rom, and also i notice after full wipe this glich happens every time in whatsapp when starting for first time.Not big drama for me, but if could be fixed it will be great.

I noticed the same.. It has been 100% reproducible this way out of like 10 attempts. In general Whatsapp tends to render the keyboard in statusbar more often than any other application.

Guest robreid

MAIL_SERVICE is partial wakelocking the s*** out of my phone on this version much more than previously and I think this may be the cause of my battery drain, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? Also I want to say thanks to KonstaT again, this rom is just awesome :).

Guest robreid

Yes.

Homeye, you have your phone rooted so, with a proper file manager move the apk to /system and reboot.

Indeed.

Talking of file managers, what is your opinion of the cyanogenmod file manager included in this rom?

I've found it tells me I can't do things half the time - like change file permissions, and I may be blind but is it missing the option to rename a file?

Guest Homeye

Homeye, you have your phone rooted so, with a proper file manager move the apk to /system and reboot.

I just installed from my SD card (not from system cause i don't have system folder on my SD card). It works perfect! After the first launch i wasn't able to use the Favourites (little hearth) button, but this solved after a reboot. Thanks, finally i can listen the radio :)

Guest sontarasan

Thanks to Sata_Cimi

I've done a full battery calibration again - I did this for Swedish Snow - didn't realise I'd have to do this again but it has made a fantastic difference until I switch on wifi!

Guest KonstaT

Can I somehow enable a clear button to notification drawer?

You'll have a clear button (three horizontal lines) if you have notifications that you can clear. No need to enable anything.

Hey KonstaT don't get me wrong but I don't have any reference to "Pie Controls" in my Setting either.

Settings -> System -> Pie controls

I've done a full battery calibration again - I did this for Swedish Snow - didn't realise I'd have to do this again but it has made a fantastic difference until I switch on wifi!

If you mean that you wiped battery stats, it does absolutely nothing to your battery performance. That myth was debunked long time ago. Placebo is always nice too. :P

Guest 1soproni

You'll have a clear button (three horizontal lines) if you have notifications that you can clear. No need to enable anything.

Thank you! Sorry for the dumb question :)

Guest tulpina

Hi guys and thanks for the work!

I found a serious bug for me:

After clean install, wipe everything, i installed from play store Google Maps. If I use Maps first it works ok but after leaving app 3G doesn't work. Browser stalls and after a while the 3G signal (connection) is down. Reboot the phone and works normal.

This is show stopper for me.

Please help!

Using latest build and Blade gen 2.

Edit: wifi off all the time, google apps installed in CWM when ROM was installed, after 3G/HSDPA fail i was trying airplane mode & back but no effect until phone is restarted.

IT SEEMS A GPS-3G bug, if GPS is off and Maps is using only network localisation it's ok, no 3G fail.

So much trolling..

I had flash KonstaT CM 10 after all and it is working fine, including bluetooth and no more GPS-3G bug.

I'm not going back to this built for some time from now on

I was trying to help, not complain

Guest zamiere

How to turn on pie menu:

• check "Settings/System/Pie controls/Pie controls" to enable
  • check "Settings/System/Pie controls/Bottom screen border" only
  • set "Settings/System/Power menu/Expanded desktop/Status bar visible"
  • press long power button, touch "Expanded desktop" to enable

That's all.

Sliding thumb from menu to screen and Pie control appears.

I do it after clean install. (I ran into blank screen bug but a press on "volumedown" restarted the phone.)

Guest dreis911

Settings -> System -> Pie controls

Sorry to be such a "pain in ..." but it's just not there!

Screenshot_2013-03-27-19-22-53.jpgScreenshot_2013-03-27-19-23-03-1.jpg

Edited by dreis911

Guest dreis911

You need to go to System settings

Oh! OK!!

As captain Bertorelli would say: "Whatta mistaka to maka!"

Thanks.

(I wonder why Settings have 2 "System" labels)

To redeem myself from this mistake I'll show some of you (others may already know this!) the "hidden toy":

Screenshot_2013-03-27-15-32-45.jpg

Want to see it in your own phone?

Just tap 3 times (quickly) on "CyanogenMod version" (look at picture above). Have fun.

Edited by dreis911

Guest emotty

To redeem myself from this mistake I'll show some of you (others may already know this!) the "hidden toy":

Want to see it in your own phone?

Just tap 3 times (quickly) on "CyanogenMod version" (look at picture above). Have fun.

Hahahahha !!! love it,i get the same picture but no text :D edit:- its the same when i press the pic :)

just been setting up and got pie controls working,Love those thanks :D

Edited by emotty

Guest sontarasan

I can't get the voice search to work, it is installed but I keep getting "didn't catch that. Try speaking again." within a fraction of a second of pressing the icon on the keyboard. This problem has been mentioned on other cyanogenmod mods without a solution so is anyone else having this issue.

Guest lunario

I can't get the voice search to work, it is installed but I keep getting "didn't catch that. Try speaking again." within a fraction of a second of pressing the icon on the keyboard. This problem has been mentioned on other cyanogenmod mods without a solution so is anyone else having this issue.

voice search dont work on arm6 devices

Guest robreid

KonstaT, do you think there will ever be integrated S2E like there is superuser?

I believe PA ROM for blade has this.

Edited by robreid

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've figured out. I think also Ganster looked into this at some point. It might be as simple as moving that one glDisable() outside the ifdefs (or just in case glDisable() both modes before glEnable() when using DECIDE_TEXTURE_TARGET). The thing is that now it's how it is in the original CAF ICS commit and this was never an issue on ICS. But like said, there's no reliable way to reproduce this. I'm running DECIDE_TEXTURE_TARGET on both of my devices and I've seen this issue like three times this year.

I'm pretty sure I have this figured out.

JB introduced a mechanism to reject buffers in SurfaceTexture::updateTexImage (the BufferRejecter). If a buffer is rejected without a prior successful call to updateTexImage (which sets the texture target using the DECIDE_TEXTURE_TARGET heuristics), the texture name is initially bound to TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES, and a later call to updateTexImage will try to rebind the texture name to TEXTURE_2D. It looks like that with some tracing log added: (target 36197 is TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES, 3553 is TEXTURE_2D)

W/SurfaceTexture(  243): [InputMethod] updateTexImage: buffer at slot 0 rejected (texture 40 target 36197)

E/SurfaceTexture(  243): [InputMethod] updateTexImage: error binding external texture image 0xa3 (slot 1): 0x501

E/SurfaceTexture(  243): [InputMethod] updateTexImage: target=3553 name=40 composition=1 format=1

Because BufferRejecter is new in JB, there is no problem with that on ICS.