Joytab 7 - wrong resolution

Guest MrPuddington

Guest MrPuddington

I think this has been noticed before, but the Joytab 7 is set to the wrong resolution for the display. The logical resolution is 800x480, which is 16:10. But the display is 16:9, and I would guess that the resolution is 864x480, or something close.

This means that the signal has to be scaled, which makes the display fuzzy, and of course shows the wrong aspect ratio, which means that circles are not shown as circles any more.

I wonder whether there is a way to fix it? I guess it could be a bit tricky, depending on how the display controller works. This could be relevant: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10674070/cheap-android-7-tablet-800x480-wrong-aspect-ratio-circles-look-like-ellipsi .

Otherwise it seems like a perfectly fine plucky little tablet.

Edited by MrPuddington

Guest MrPuddington
I think this has been noticed before, but the Joytab 7 is set to the wrong resolution for the display. The logical resolution is 800x480, which is 16:10. But the display is 16:9, and I would guess that the resolution is 864x480, or something close.

After having a closer look, it turns out that the native resolution of the display is 1024x600! Now that is a surprise - I wonder whether a simple software tweak could make that resolution available.