Phone Memory.

Guest beautifulily

Guest beautifulily

Does anyone else get really annoyed with the Crescent's internal memory? I can't download too many apps on my phone because it keeps telling me my memory's getting filled up, especially since I installed CM10. I have a 16GB memory card and I move all my apps to the memory card when I can.

Does anyone know a way of working around this? It's driving me insane.

Thanks.

Guest cartwheelbob

Does anyone else get really annoyed with the Crescent's internal memory? I can't download too many apps on my phone because it keeps telling me my memory's getting filled up, especially since I installed CM10. I have a 16GB memory card and I move all my apps to the memory card when I can.

Does anyone know a way of working around this? It's driving me insane.

Thanks.

Use darktremors a2sd script. Partition your SD card using CWM (I use 512mb parition with swap size = 0), works with CM10 but GUI does not work. Use the following commands in terminal emulator - su [enter], a2sd reinstall [enter], hanset will then reboot then all apps install to SD freeing up internal memory

Guest compact101

Just jumping on this rather than start a new thread.

I have Fish n Chips installed not a CM.

Once I have Partition it, how can i use this partition to make more internal space?

I use App 2 SD to move as many Apps as possible.

Thanks

Guest Liamness

I used to use a2sd, now I use int2ext+. I find it's a bit easier than a2sd, as you don't need to go into the terminal emulator to change settings or anything, you just choose the appropriate script (there are others by the same dev besides int2ext+) and install it. Does ziplining automatically too. There's basically no reason to use a GUI really like S2E or whatever.

To the above poster, you basically partition your sd card using clockworkmod, then you install a script (such as int2ext) also via clockworkmod, and then that basically just moves all the apps for you. There will be tutorials online about partitioning and installing scripts that explain it better than I could, so I won't elaborate any further.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest beautifulily

I used to use a2sd, now I use int2ext+. I find it's a bit easier than a2sd, as you don't need to go into the terminal emulator to change settings or anything, you just choose the appropriate script (there are others by the same dev besides int2ext+) and install it. Does ziplining automatically too. There's basically no reason to use a GUI really like S2E or whatever.

To the above poster, you basically partition your sd card using clockworkmod, then you install a script (such as int2ext) also via clockworkmod, and then that basically just moves all the apps for you. There will be tutorials online about partitioning and installing scripts that explain it better than I could, so I won't elaborate any further.

I tried int2ext+, it worked really well. It was actually a lot less complicated to use than a2sd.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest spike_1

Please can someone help a newbie (that's me!!) with very limited understanding of the inner working of android.

I've installed int2ext+ script from clockworkmod recovery. The app manager says the internal memory is 192MB used & 1.6GB free so from this I assume the sd card is correctly partitioned?

However, when the 'apps downloaded' tab is opened all my apps are listed but when I open the 'apps on sd card' tab there is just one app listed!

So does this mean what it says there is actually just the one app that has been moved over?

If this is the case what do I need to do to get int2ext+ to move the apps onto the sd card.

cheers

spike_1

Your phone says 192 used and 1.6 gig of intyernal memory free ? If so , you did not partitioned sd card at all and u used whole sd card for internal memory or you have a big card and you made a big partition.

When you instaled int2ext phone recognize sd card (partition of sd card) like internal memory so it is normal you dont have apps on sd card , i mean they are on sd card wich phone use as internal memory , you can see that when you check how many internal memory you have free.

Guest beautifulily

I've been having problems with int2ext+ as well. My phone doesn't connect to 3G anymore. They said, on the xda site, that if your phone has that problem, try the xperia version, but it still doesn't work for me.

Guest taannuk

Is it possible to use int2ext+ or S2E together with a2sd on FNS'8?

If not, what is the best solution as I think not all applications are moved with the integrated a2sd script into ext partition of SD card.

Thank you!

Is it possible to use int2ext+ or S2E together with a2sd on FNS'8?

If not, what is the best solution as I think not all applications are moved with the integrated a2sd script into ext partition of SD card.

Thank you!

what he said LOL

Guest taannuk

what he said LOL

What is the best script / programme to move applications from internal memory into SD card?

Integrated into FNS'8 or FNS'7 a2sd script does not move all programmes into SD card (say, Tango, Skype, etc.).

Thank you!

Guest rash.m2k

Hopefully this will help others as it helped me. I'm running ICS on a TMobile Vivacity and Link2SD doesn't really work properly, I have created a 2nd partition on the sd-card which is ext3, but still the internal memory said it was only 30/40mb free. Made the phone pretty useless TBH.

Then I installed Mounts2SD (FYI - this is only for people who understand exactly what this is doing, it's a number of scripts that create symlinks on the ext2 partition).

Now I have 155mb FREE ALL the time, I have moved Applications, Data and Dalvik Cache to the memory card and can install pretty much as many apps as I want!

I do however have a 16GB Samsung Class 10 Micro SD card, so that helps with keeping the phone speedy.

Guest camille1462

Hi

I'm having the same problem with my girlfriend's SF2... Installed FnS but even with a 256Mo ext3 partition the ROM doesn't seem to use it.

I check in Titanium and there is no sd-ext (a2sd) visible...

How do you enable A2SD for FnS?

EDIT:

I tried the terminal emulator thing in one of the posts and it seems to work well (I can now see the a2sd in Titanium) :-)

Edited by camille1462

• 3 weeks later...
Guest beautifulily

Hopefully this will help others as it helped me. I'm running ICS on a TMobile Vivacity and Link2SD doesn't really work properly, I have created a 2nd partition on the sd-card which is ext3, but still the internal memory said it was only 30/40mb free. Made the phone pretty useless TBH.

Then I installed Mounts2SD (FYI - this is only for people who understand exactly what this is doing, it's a number of scripts that create symlinks on the ext2 partition).

Now I have 155mb FREE ALL the time, I have moved Applications, Data and Dalvik Cache to the memory card and can install pretty much as many apps as I want!

I do however have a 16GB Samsung Class 10 Micro SD card, so that helps with keeping the phone speedy.

I tried Links2SD again and I actually found it really helpful. I created a second partition on my SD card of about 500mb and Links2SD creates links automatically after every app I install so I don't have to worry about my phone memory.

• 5 months later...
Guest pinky0978

Just came across this thread, people on F&C need to remove the a2sd script from the rom zip file before flashing, can be done on the handset using zarchiver. Just open the zip file (DO NOT EXTRACT!), and remove any scripts from system/etc/init.d (firstboot, 00banner, etc) and then remove any files containing the word a2sd from system/bin and system/xbin. zarchiver will remove them leaving the zip intact (as will 7zip on pc). Reflash the modified rom, then flash int2ext (this version moves data to sd too, int2ext+ leaves data on internal, e.g. a 2gb sd partition will only fill up until the internal memory is full, wasting a good part of your partition - at least 1-1.2gb of sdext. if sdext is <=700mb then int2ext+ is fine.

Guest dodgetimmy

I'm pretty sure you can also just edit the init.d file to disable the script from running each boot.

You can do this on the phone itself using a text editor.