ORANGE sim unlocking

Guest Ali Zain

Guest Simon O
pay as you go

In order to have your phone unlocked:

• The IMEI must not be blacklisted (customer services will check this for you).
  • The phone needs to be active, you can't unlock an old pay as you go phone that's no longer on an active account.
  • The handset to be unlocked must have been registered to Orange pay as you go for a minimum of three months.

http://help.orange.c...personal/474187

Guest BlueMoonRising

And any credit usage requirements? Like at least 5£ a month used etc

No, just has to be 'active', i.e. 1 text a month to another phone (even just a balance check is enough I think, but better safe than sorry).

Guest potatowhale

Does anyone know how active it needs to be? I'm putting a Virgin SIM in my OSD for a few months- they do an unlimited data (well, 10GB and then a speed throttle) PAYG for £10 top up per month. Should I stick my orange sim back in every now and then and send a few texts? Or can I forget about it?

Guest BlueMoonRising

Does anyone know how active it needs to be? I'm putting a Virgin SIM in my OSD for a few months- they do an unlimited data (well, 10GB and then a speed throttle) PAYG for £10 top up per month. Should I stick my orange sim back in every now and then and send a few texts? Or can I forget about it?

If you want to unlock sim then you would have to send a solitary text, once a month should do.

That said I'm still waiting for my unlock code, they've already given me £20 credit due to failing to deliver in the 30 days I was advised :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ColdEmbrace

I take it from reading this I cannot purchase one an make EE unlock it there and then?? Giffgaff offer me such a great deal I don't want too change.

Guest BlueMoonRising

I take it from reading this I cannot purchase one an make EE unlock it there and then?? Giffgaff offer me such a great deal I don't want too change.

That is correct.

Guest almighty15

Got mine unlocked after 3 days of owning the phone.

Told them that I wasn't happy with the signal, internet speed, tariff and there customer service, threatened to go to ofcom and after being passed between a few 'supervisors' they agreed to unlock it.

Guest grizzlyflea

Got mine unlocked after 3 days of owning the phone.

Told them that I wasn't happy with the signal, internet speed, tariff and there customer service, threatened to go to ofcom and after being passed between a few 'supervisors' they agreed to unlock it.

Sounds like I may have to borrow that little plan of yours

Guest ColdEmbrace

I was told they wouldn't unlock in store but I could get it unlocked via a third party, that being said they sold me a pretty decent 12month sim only deal so unlocking no longer needed.