• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Writing off my phone. Should I buy another G300?

20 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi Guys

I received my third battery but still having the same issue of it shutting down soon after getting to the homescrern

Should I get another or buy something different thats less than £150.

What do you think?

Posted · Report post

Which network are you on?

If I was buying a new phone I'd get an Orange San Diego, but it depends which network you are on.

Posted · Report post

Giffgaff

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'd get an Orange San Diego

Agreed. Great phone for £100

Isn't it unlocked now?

Edited by fr0do

Posted · Report post

But isn't the san diego still on gb?

Posted · Report post

But isn't the san diego still on gb?

No, its on ICS now

Posted · Report post

Good specs but being Intel doesn't that mean most apps are not compatible?

Posted · Report post

Also off your in to flashing roms ect than your better off with something other than the osd at the minute

Posted · Report post

my g300 is too slow for daily use and constant wiped are really annoying so im going to go and hop on the san diego wagon. its been a nice ride with the other g300-ers

Posted · Report post

my g300 is too slow for daily use and constant wipes are really annoying so im going to go and hop on the san diego wagon. its been a nice ride with the other g300-ers

Posted · Report post

Also off your in to flashing roms ect than your better off with something other than the osd at the minute

Owned a G300 for around 8 months coming from a San Francisco, it seemed a good phone but problems with low ringtones and low mike volume annoyed me, despite updates and installing custom roms the problem was still there, Now I have a San Diago and well its really loads better, just feels nice and is quick as well as nice volume on ringtone, brighter screen, slimmer, lighter. No flashing of roms means I leave it alone and use it rather than keep messing around with it.

Posted · Report post

I have been put off the OSD as it seems too locked down. So I have ordered a Jiayu G3

Posted · Report post

just had my G300 hit with a golf ball this morning, its knackered now! Any advice on a replacement other than osd? I'm in Cyprus at the moment so would need a PAYG a friend could pick up for me this week.

Posted · Report post

just had my G300 hit with a golf ball this morning, its knackered now! Any advice on a replacement other than osd? I'm in Cyprus at the moment so would need a PAYG a friend could pick up for me this week.
there are the Sony ones reduced to under £150. Devs like them :P

Posted · Report post

was about to stick mine on eBay for 60 quid, does have a scratch on the screen that you can see when screen is of but you can't see it when on and does not effect use. Just don't need it now I have my Jiayu. Let me know if interested and I can take a pic of the screen to show you.

Posted · Report post

Owned a G300 for around 8 months coming from a San Francisco, it seemed a good phone but problems with low ringtones and low mike volume annoyed me, despite updates and installing custom roms the problem was still there, Now I have a San Diago and well its really loads better, just feels nice and is quick as well as nice volume on ringtone, brighter screen, slimmer, lighter. No flashing of roms means I leave it alone and use it rather than keep messing around with it.

Which is sometimes a good thing;)

Posted · Report post

Xperia u ?

Posted · Report post

Recieved my Jiayu G3 yesterday. Excellent phone. The build quality is great. Already rooted

Posted · Report post

But what happens if the phone develops a fault?