[q] what battery life are you getting?

Guest xgt001

Guest bloomylicious

I've had my OSD for nearly 2 months now, I've got the Xolo ICS rom running on it, however sadly I'm getting pretty atrocious battery life out of the phone. Generally the most I get out of it is 7-8 hours max from a full charge to completely flat, and that includes large periods not doing a lot. Syncing is not active for anything, I've underclocked to 1.2ghz, but still pretty naff. I never seem to get more than an hour and a half screen on time in total from a full charge, and it can regularly be less than this. The screen is generally set to lowest brightness, and social gallery is disabled. Does this seem really out of character with other people's experiences?

I know this is also possibly nothing, but when I received my San Diego, it has absolutely no battery power, it was at 0%. Usually when I've bought other phones etc they've had some charge already in them, and I thought with phones these days, newer battery tech, you were ideally supposed to keep some charge in them all of the time, not let them crash to 0% too often, could my San Diego, being stored in a warehouse somewhere with no charge have reduced the general health of the battery?

Thanks for reading my ramblings :)

Guest BlueMoonRising

I've had my OSD for nearly 2 months now, I've got the Xolo ICS rom running on it, however sadly I'm getting pretty atrocious battery life out of the phone. Generally the most I get out of it is 7-8 hours max from a full charge to completely flat, and that includes large periods not doing a lot. Syncing is not active for anything, I've underclocked to 1.2ghz, but still pretty naff. I never seem to get more than an hour and a half screen on time in total from a full charge, and it can regularly be less than this. The screen is generally set to lowest brightness, and social gallery is disabled. Does this seem really out of character with other people's experiences?

I know this is also possibly nothing, but when I received my San Diego, it has absolutely no battery power, it was at 0%. Usually when I've bought other phones etc they've had some charge already in them, and I thought with phones these days, newer battery tech, you were ideally supposed to keep some charge in them all of the time, not let them crash to 0% too often, could my San Diego, being stored in a warehouse somewhere with no charge have reduced the general health of the battery?

Thanks for reading my ramblings :)

I don't know about the battery being at 0% although it doesn't sound good but Social Gallery needs to removed entirely.

Guest bloomylicious

I don't know about the battery being at 0% although it doesn't sound good but Social Gallery needs to removed entirely.

Thanks for your reply :)

I currently just have Social Gallery disabled using the in built option to do so, how exactly do I go about removing it entirely? Sorry if that's is a bit of a stupid question.

I've looked across the forum and spotted this in another topic about battery use "Just root, mount system r/w and delete the app from system/app."

I just don't understand the 'mount system r/w' bit, I'm rooted though. Also I heard it mentioned removing Xolo apps would help, I'm fine with doing that, just all Xolo based apps? And would I delete them the same way?

Thanks for all your help :)

Guest BlueMoonRising

Thanks for your reply :)

I currently just have Social Gallery disabled using the in built option to do so, how exactly do I go about removing it entirely? Sorry if that's is a bit of a stupid question.

I've looked across the forum and spotted this in another topic about battery use "Just root, mount system r/w and delete the app from system/app."

I just don't understand the 'mount system r/w' bit, I'm rooted though. Also I heard it mentioned removing Xolo apps would help, I'm fine with doing that, just all Xolo based apps? And would I delete them the same way?

Thanks for all your help :)

If you're successfully rooted then just use something like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolbox&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5qcnVtbXkubGliZXJ0eS50b29sYm94Il0. Rom Toolbox and you can delete any system apps you require. Do be cautious about what you do delete however.

• 7 months later...

This is an old thread but I just wanted add that my San Diego was new in October 2012 and has been completely trouble free but the battery is now showing signs of weakness. A lot depends on how its used of course and for the first 6 or 7 months I always turned the phone off in the evening, which meant the battery would last for a month before needing a charge. I then changed my usage habits and began to leave the phone permanently switched on, even when charging. The phone was used very lightly and every power draining app was switched off, so it needed a charge about every 2 weeks. Then about 2 months ago I noticed I need to charge more often, about once a week and the use of WiFi, Bluetooth, mp3 or video etc will drain the battery far quicker than 6 months ago. In spite of no prospect of a safe Jelly Bean update I would like to keep this phone as it is stable, fast and smooth. I have searched but no one seems to have discussed or even considered DIY surgery to replace the battery with a new one. Does anyone know if this has been covered or if this would even be possible.