[androidarmv6] [4.2] ColdFusionX 3 [CM10.1] [Updated - 12/04]

Guest tilal6991

Guest razzmataz1478
I realize that this must have been asked before but i've been away from this forum for a while so would appreciate an answer :D

Does the swype style input work or this rom and is there some setting to enable it? When I try it. The line is drawn between letters but there is no floating box with the predicted word like on the n4 and then once you finish drawing the word it does not do anything :(

Sorry for the bad description of that haha. Me hungover :(

Any news on this?

No it's a proprietary lib so I guess the only use for it is to trick people or something.

Guest omegavesko
I realize that this must have been asked before but i've been away from this forum for a while so would appreciate an answer :D

Does the swype style input work or this rom and is there some setting to enable it? When I try it. The line is drawn between letters but there is no floating box with the predicted word like on the n4 and then once you finish drawing the word it does not do anything :(

Sorry for the bad description of that haha. Me hungover :(

Any news on this?

Nope, sorry. The swiping input requires an ARMv7 library, which obviously isn't available to us.

Guest omegavesko
If anyone is really dying to have that swipe style keyboard then just download swiftkey flow beta

I've used both, and I think Swype is better. It's more accurate and lighter than SwiftKey Flow.

Guest Bandaranaike

I've used both, and I think Swype is better. It's more accurate and lighter than SwiftKey Flow.

...and it can be used in fields that contain predictions, like search bars and 'to' field in Gmail. Lack of this feature practically renders swift key flow useless, at least for me.

It's a real pity cause I found it to be more precise than Swype when you miss a letter or two.

Guest omegavesko

...and it can be used in fields that contain predictions, like search bars and 'to' field in Gmail. Lack of this feature practically renders swift key flow useless, at least for me.

It's a real pity cause I found it to be more precise than Swype when you miss a letter or two.

Good point. I would be a lot slower at typing usernames, URLs and such if I couldn't do it with Swype. I've got my username saved in the dictionary, so that alone makes logging in anywhere a lot faster.

I found the best swipe keyboard for purely swiping related input was the ported xperia s keyboard. For normal typing it was horrible, it was like typing in treacle but the swipe and text prediction was excellent.

Guest wizard.no.84

can someone tell me how to integrate ADW lanucher in to sys apps?

i think it's just put it to system/app and rename it to launcher but im not 100% sure..

as I change my DPI in build.prod mu Trebuchet is constantly crashing..

reinstall of trebuchet did not help.. so, i was thinking about switching those two.

and would not want to mess it up (again) and end up with doing flash again :D and again, and again..

Guest razzmataz1478

i think it's just put it to system/app and rename it to launcher but im not 100% sure..

reinstall of trebuchet did not help.. so, i was thinking about switching those two.

and would not want to mess it up (again) and end up with doing flash again :D and again, and again..

You'll also need to change the permissions to 644

Guest razzmataz1478

you mean, in CWM?

(after switching those two, reboot and do a fix permission in CWM?)

I have no idea what the fix permission option does in CWM but it sounds promising so yeah try that.

Guest wizard.no.84

I have no idea what the fix permission option does in CWM but it sounds promising so yeah try that.

and to with "file" specific? you mean change permission for ADW (after switching)

Guest akicarkralj

You know what I did to solve that problem, beacuse trebuchet from the first build was working with changed dpi I put it in rom folder in system, apps and re-flash the rom, also you can try to put it in system folder in root explorer.

Guest razzmataz1478

and to with "file" specific? you mean change permission for ADW (after switching)

Yes you have to change the permissions of the adw apk.

Try this in Terminal Emulator or ADB shell (you can copy and paste the lines)

su

busybox mount -o remount,rw /system

chmod 644 /system/app/[name of apk]

busybox mount -o remount,ro /system

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest wizard.no.84

switched, fixed permissions in CWM, and it working ;)

didn't rename it, so it's still com.bla.bla but it's working..

edit: as i integrate it (with link2sd) to sys app, it already was 644 (but normally, crashing) so I just rebooted to CWM fixed permissions and it's working now.

but normally, did a backup before that, for just in case ;)

Edited by wizard.no.84

Guest wizard.no.84

as i don't have nerves to sit for 5 minutes and do nothing, i was curious, is ti Trebuchet issue or something else.. as @ aki-zar-king :D said that Tre from first build is working.. i wanted to test that. now i can say, that even this Tre is working with lowered DPI..

all i did, was in flash .zip I edited build.prop and then did a clean flash. and i was surprised to see that all is working fine

so, first edited build. then flash, and all is working like a charm

I've just installed thin ROM and I'm using LINK2SD but it seems not to be working.

I mean it links files successfully but phone storage is eaten and I can't restore all of my apps.