[androidarmv6] [4.2] ColdFusionX 3 [CM10.1] [Updated - 12/04]

Guest tilal6991

Guest jtharmor

Anyhow I installed this rom few times and it doesnt work but its not a big deal for me

It will eat up battery as screen will stay on during calls....

Guest razzmataz1478

Isn't that the opposite of what you should do? Pretty sure you aren't meant to put anything in front of the sensor while it's calibrating.

Yep, you don't put anything in front of it so it can measure normal light, and then when you put it to your ear it can differentiate between low light near ear and normal light.

Guest Barcrawler

Gents, came across a problem with non-working proximity sensor :(

A little background: I installed CFX3 over my previous ROM (Skatie ROM v2.4 - http://skatie.ceco.sk.eu.org/index.php) because I wanted to try "something new" ;)

BTW, I use 200/35/205 partition (option 2 - http://www.modaco.co...zte-skate-tpts/)

After full reset/dalvik wipe/cache wipe/etc. I flashed the 20130106 image - without any fidling around with settings I tried making a call > the screen didn't go blank when approximated to the head/sensor covered.

I tried the *983*0# > sensor trick, but no help. Still failed.

I tried installing the Proximity recalibrator (http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=951858), but getting the "- ps_kadc not found" error.

Next: flashed original stock ROM back to the phone - NO problem with proximity sensor.

Next: without reset/wipes flashed the CFX image - problem appears again :(

I tried reflashing to stock again, followed by Skatie flash - no problem > reflashed Skatie with CFX3 /no wipes/ - problem appears again

Any idea why this is happening to me ? Pls, pretty pls...

Mine is working fine, I did get a problem when using CFX2 and someone posted a fix which worked for me. You could try it and see if it works

https://www.dropbox....roxi_update.zip

Guest Gerycard

Yep, you don't put anything in front of it so it can measure normal light, and then when you put it to your ear it can differentiate between low light near ear and normal light.

I think you're wrong a bit! It doesn't measure the light, because if it measure and store the 'normal' light it won't be able to work in other light conditions etc..

Look at this: http://paddyjamiemik.../ir-sensors.gif

But not a big deal... Just an observation, but maybe i'm the wrong :ninja:

Edited by Gerycard

Guest akicarkralj

It will eat up battery as screen will stay on during calls....

Yes, I know that but this rom has better battery life than every ics or jb rom I've tryed.

Guest plegdroid

I think you're wrong a bit! It doesn't measure the light, because if it measure and store the 'normal' light it won't be able to work in other light conditions etc..

Look at this: http://paddyjamiemik.../ir-sensors.gif

But not a big deal... Just an observation, but maybe i'm the wrong :ninja:

your both right, its a light /proximity sensor. it needs to be both, first to measure light strength to activate the auto brightness increase and decrease. and second, proximity during a call to turn off screen display.

Guest plegdroid
Hey all,

Sorry for the lack of release last week - I was and still am really busy with life.

Not a lot of actual bugs have been fixed because of this. I will however try my hardest this weekend to get a new build out. This will just be a build and sync with the latest sources.

It will probably be the end of Feb before I have a lot of time to put to fixing the rest of the bugs.

Until then sit tight all!

You said, that it will be an upload today ( since a week).

Is it true?

Or i'm waiting for nothing.

Thanks for the answer.

With the greatest respect, Lalit has already answered this question some posts back, and considering the rom come at no cost, having to wait for a update is not waiting for nothing, but a gift freely given.

with the greatest respect :)

Guest szaszabi90

With the greatest respect, Lalit has already answered this question some posts back, and considering the rom come at no cost, having to wait for a update is not waiting for nothing, but a gift freely given.

with the greatest respect :)

Thanks man!

Sorry for this, but i can't wait :) !

Tilal! respect! Thanks a lot for your work!

Guest plegdroid

Thanks man!

Sorry for this, but i can't wait :) !

Tilal! respect! Thanks a lot for your work!

no worrys, :) didn't want to flame you, "ive learnt alot can be lost in translation" :)

Thanks again Lalit for brilliant work. You said that CFX2 was as far as you could go but CFX3 is the best yet.

It only took me a day on the spare phone to decide it was good for day-to-day use.

My colleagues with expensive ICS phones locked into contracts awaiting JB are quietly envious.

The tiny footprint with stripped gapps is a welcome step back in time. I'm running with a 2/165 TPT partition that leaves 273MB free.

Keep up the good work but do it at your own pace and ignore the hurry-ups.

Just one small question for the friends: What's the easist way to reinstate the stock AOSP email client. There aren't any perfect alternatives around and I do miss it as an adequate all-rounder.

I tried to install theJB 4.1 EmailGoogle.apk into /system/app with the correct permissions but it doesn't show. Any advice appreciated but it's not critical.

All the best

Andrew

Edited by AMcK

When I want to add an account, I can only add a new google account. Is it not possible to add other accounts any more? When I Installed whatap, a new account was created. I can not create a new (non google)account manualy.

Is it possible there is no standard email app?

Finally i have installed Maildroid to read my mails. I had no problems to configure my private IMAP-providers, but could not make a connection to the microsoft exchange server of my work...

With the standard email this worked very good.

I don't us Gmail because it doen't work good with the IMAP of my provider.

Edited by apjr1

Guest Sosakovo

Gents, somehow, and I really can't tell why, the proximity sensor started working (after many, many reflashes of different ROMs).

So, case solved although reason remains unknown ;)

THX to everybody who wanted to help.

Edited by Sosakovo