[androidarmv6] [4.2] ColdFusionX 3 [CM10.1] [Updated - 12/04]

Guest tilal6991

Guest blindmijat

THX for the reply ;)

Same here, not visible to others. However, luckily for me not a priority.

BT problems expect > look at 2nd post: Paritally working: Bluetooth - doesn't switch off properly

I fixed it... just try with reflashing rom it worked for me... :D

The main reasons why TPT Helper appears not to work are:

1. You need to unzip the TPT Helper boot files into a directory 'image' at root level

2. You need to hold down Vol+, Power and Menu (that's the one in the middle)

I know because I've done both of these repeatedly.

Skate 2b is OK but you can do better.

To take full advantage of Lalit's exdcellent 'size zero' CFX3 ROM you can use the 'Create your own TPT' function.

Make sure that the image directory is absent before you start.

Then set the Cache prompt to 2 and the System prompt to 165, which all the CFX3 and the stripped Gapps need.

This will leave 273MB free for apps and data.

This option will auto-unzip the TPT files and create the 'image' directory

You can use the 'Check the image directory' function to verify before restarting as above, which should give you 2/4 matches.

I hope that throws some light on the problem.

Andrew

Edited by AMcK

Guest Skate Away

set the Cache prompt to 2 and the System prompt to 165, which all the CFX3 and the stripped Gapps need.

I've just installed the ROM and Gapps - according to the Partition info in 'about phone' it's taking up 166 mb,

It might be worth setting the partition to 170 mb.

Guest blindmijat

Did not get the keyboard, and other stuff to work in this rom is there coming a more stable update or should i revert back to CFX2?

you can try swype beta keyboard...

tilal said that update is comming...

so you can do whatever you want to... but i think that cfx3 is better then cfx2... :D

Guest omegavesko
Did not get the keyboard, and other stuff to work in this rom is there coming a more stable update or should i revert back to CFX2?

Either is fine, though obviously the older one isn't supported anymore.

I use Swype, it's great.

Guest droidbittin

you can try swype beta keyboard...

tilal said that update is comming...

so you can do whatever you want to... but i think that cfx3 is better then cfx2... :D

i reverted back to last working CFX2, but guess i will try CFX3 and see if that works for me when next update is out :)

Guest Firewalker1980

Does anyone else have freezes/reboots?

It's happened before on older roms I had running on the skate, but then that kinda stopped doing that,

now it's back and can be kinda annoying.

I did a total wipe before flashing the rom and gapps, so should've done it right.

Also - just to get an idea - do you think this ColdfusionX 3 is a better choice than the older Gingerbread roms for speed and stability? (features aside)

Guest omegavesko

It's happened before on older roms I had running on the skate, but then that kinda stopped doing that,

I did a total wipe before flashing the rom and gapps, so should've done it right.

Also - just to get an idea - do you think this ColdfusionX 3 is a better choice than the older Gingerbread roms for speed and stability? (features aside)

Speed? Yes.

Stability? Not really.

Guest pbz1983

I agree...I get reboots and I also did a full wipe. The reboots have happened since I installed the ROM the day after it was released.

example: The phone will be in standby, when I press the power button to use the phone the screen remains black. I attempt to wake the phone and then the phone reboots. This happens approximately once per day. It is a little frustrating but no ROM is bug free. Maybe Tilal has ironed out this issue and possibly others in the next version. Let's wait and see !!

Guest sinclairpn

when I set animated wallpaper, I had to restart every day, especially before, but on the phone, I set the system wallpaper and I have a week without rebooting.

Guest Firewalker1980

try setting background process limit to 4 or 3 in development settings. :)

Changed it :) I'll let you know if it happens again or not.

when I set animated wallpaper, I had to restart every day, especially before, but on the phone, I set the system wallpaper and I have a week without rebooting.

That could probably give issues yeah, but the wallpaper is either a static one, or just a black background so it must be smth else.

Guest Adrian852

Working:

Booting

WiFi

Mobile Network

Data

USB tethering

USB mass storage

Touchscreen

Camera

Panorama

Smooth UI

Video recording

Pretty much most stuff apart from stuff below

Paritally working:

Project Butter - no hardware VSYNC - using software VSYNC

Bluetooth - doesn't switch off properly

WiFi tethering - external app required

Changelog:

06/01/2013:

Fix panorama

Fix camera issues

Fix camera smoothness

Fix YouTube issues

Fix video recording

Merge with upstream CM sources

29/12/2012:

Inital release

Hey, i want to install that rom but how i can do it? What can go wrong?

Guest blindmijat

Hey, i want to install that rom but how i can do it? What can go wrong?

if you already have some rom(or you have recovery and root) installed on your zte skate you just download the two files that are on the first page of this thread and flash it in the recovery and if you don't have recovery or root you must firstly install that and tutorials you can find on youtube... :D

Guest omegavesko

if you already have some rom(or you have recovery and root) installed on your zte skate you just download the two files that are on the first page of this thread and flash it in the recovery and if you don't have recovery or root you must firstly install that and tutorials you can find on youtube... :D

Surely he needs to do the necessary wipes first? Just flashing the ROM zip over his current system will break it.

You need to at least do a wipe data and format /system before flashing a ROM.

Guest blindmijat

Surely he needs to do the necessary wipes first? Just flashing the ROM zip over his current system will break it.

You need to at least do a wipe data and format /system before flashing a ROM.

o yeah i forget that part...sorry

Guest sakiboj

Yea I did it like that but it wont enable, just through power control widget it can

Also is there any app to boost ringtones and sounds? Cm9 had one but cant remember its name

Edited by sakiboj