HELP PURPLE SCREEN BRICK

Guest grizzlyflea

Guest grizzlyflea

While trying to update my phone using the dload method i came across a very serious problem. At first the update was going fine and then i had unexpected reboot and now the phone just reboots to a purple screen. There is no sign of activity, no huawei logo and the phone doesn't get detected by my pc and i cant seem to reflash a new dload download from my pc. So I've taken it back to argos and their going to send it back to huawei. Do you think huawei will repair or replace my phone?

Guest grizzlyflea

I had the probleme with blue screen

I put the dload folder to my sdcard and forced upgrade, hat worked

yes but mine was a purple screen and i could not do anything. not even a new dload update

Guest nsmacd1

Copy a dload folder to you memory card and then try and force an upgrade by holding down the power & both volume keys (Try a different ROM, or re-downloading it if it doesn't work with the one you have). Sometimes having the charger plugged when doinfg this helps to initiate a boot if the phone is appearing dead.

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest grizzlyflea

Copy a dload folder to you memory card and then try and force an upgrade by holding down the power & both volume keys (Try a different ROM, or re-downloading it if it doesn't work with the one you have). Sometimes having the charger plugged when doinfg this helps to initiate a boot if the phone is appearing dead.

nope. no luck with trying to reinstall the firmware. the problem occurred from a bad flash of the firmware. i think its a hard brick. atleast argos will attempt to repair it and if they cant at least i will get my money back