[ROM][CM10+AOKP+PA] PAC-man ROM v19.6.0 for ZTE Blade [Updated 31/3/13]

Guest zeelog

Guest Sluysen

Last couple of days, i'm having some issues with random reboots.

I take my phone out of my pocket, and I need to give my pincode again, or it's shutdown and I need to manually boot it.

Guest Pranav Jindal

thanks for the great work ....

Zeelog sir.. after the latest update to v19.5.0 I'm experiencing more random reboots than ever (nearly twice-thrice a day).

Also there is a new problem which a I can refer to as "random shutdowns", I seldom find my phone off.

Guest zeelog

Last couple of days, i'm having some issues with random reboots.

I take my phone out of my pocket, and I need to give my pincode again, or it's shutdown and I need to manually boot it.

thanks for the great work ....

Zeelog sir.. after the latest update to v19.5.0 I'm experiencing more random reboots than ever (nearly twice-thrice a day).

Also there is a new problem which a I can refer to as "random shutdowns", I seldom find my phone off.

try updating to 19.6.0 and see how it goes, personally i didn't encounter such issues:

Changelog:

PAC ROM: v19.6.0: http://goo.im/devs/zeelog/roms/blade/blade_PAC_JB_4.1.2-v19.6.0.zip

Fix graphical glitches in navbar/statusbar

Fix switching off FM audio in some cases

Update Effem (bugfixes, in-call muting)

(thanks to daemond for the above)

Limit number of hidden apps

Merged few CM pending commits which were not merged to the old PAC framework/base.

try updating to 19.6.0 and see how it goes, personally i didn't encounter such issues:

Changelog:

PAC ROM: v19.6.0: http://goo.im/devs/z...1.2-v19.6.0.zip

Fix graphical glitches in navbar/statusbar

Fix switching off FM audio in some cases

Update Effem (bugfixes, in-call muting)

(thanks to daemond for the above)

Limit number of hidden apps

Merged few CM pending commits which were not merged to the old PAC framework/base.

+1, no random reboots/shutdowns here with 19.5.0 - so i don't think this is related with the rom after all. thanks for the update.

Guest Pranav Jindal

thanks for the update again.

I've been experiencing little problem with google maps on this ROM since then I installed it.

At some zoom levels on maps, the text breaks as follows:

screenshot2013040214331.png

It just occurs at some particular zoom level. Any help here?

Guest Shadow_Lance

thanks for the update again.

I've been experiencing little problem with google maps on this ROM since then I installed it.

At some zoom levels on maps, the text breaks as follows:

screenshot2013040214331.png

It just occurs at some particular zoom level. Any help here?

Have you tried up updating it to latest version (gmaps app) it may be a bug in the app itself that need fixing?

Guest Pranav Jindal

Have you tried up updating it to latest version (gmaps app) it may be a bug in the app itself that need fixing?

have the latest update of both PAC Rom and gmaps.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Chron-O-John

Hi,

first of all, thank you for the great work!

But after switching to the latest version (unfortunately I don't know which one I had before) I have some Problems:

After booting everything runs fine. Then I can turn on WLAN, everything is still ok.

After turning WLAN off again (doesn't matter how long it has been turned on) a lot of apps (mostly background apps) are crashing. i.e. ROM Control, gapps something, SMS/MMS Application,...

I have mobile Data switched off. Maybe you can reproduce it somehow.

Guest ehleh

Hi,

first of all, thank you for the great work!

But after switching to the latest version (unfortunately I don't know which one I had before) I have some Problems:

After booting everything runs fine. Then I can turn on WLAN, everything is still ok.

After turning WLAN off again (doesn't matter how long it has been turned on) a lot of apps (mostly background apps) are crashing. i.e. ROM Control, gapps something, SMS/MMS Application,...

I have mobile Data switched off. Maybe you can reproduce it somehow.

don't directly install the latest one, full wipe must be done :))

Guest Chron-O-John

I forgot to mention that, as it's already naturally to me to do a full wipe prior installing a ROM.

However I think i made a mistake configuring S2E. I'll report back.

Guest Boostersnake

hello all,

I'm a real newbee, could anyone explain me, how works S2E.

I'm looking for a kind of "step by step tuto"

thanks by advance for your explainations and your time

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Boostersnake,

There's no real guide for it that I know or can see of, just had a quick look... But its not really that hard to follow anyway.... So here are the highlights.

1) Grab an SD card you want to use for S2E (make sure its blank, and has nothing on it...)

2) Boot into your Recovery Manager (CWM / ClockWorkMod) and go down to the bottom option where it mentions about Partitioning the SD card, and choose whatever settings you want there. About 500Mb to 1Gb should be MORE than enough...

3) Once thats all done, boot back into Android and goto the PlayStore to download S2E if you've not already got it...

4) Load S2E and press the Menu button to goto Settings. From there select Mount as Ext4

5) Reboot the phone... and go back to S2E from the Android App Drawer.

6) Put a tick in the boxes of all the stuff ya wonna move... Which is most of it, apart from App Data really...

7) Press the Home button to come out of the App. And once again reboot your phone....

- Dont be alarmed if you think your phone is taking ages to boot, this is where its moving all the data to the SD Card

8) When it looks like its booting up, dont worry about if a message pops up saying "Updating Android....." as this is taking into account the Apps moving...

9) Sit back, have a beer, or cuppa tea and be grateful that all ya Apps have moved and ya now have more space on ya internal memory....

Cheers, Lister

Guest Boostersnake

many thanks for this !

I will try today and I will report you my experience

edit : great thanks, it's working so good !!

Edited by Boostersnake

Guest styrofoam

Hello,

I have a problem!

Under CM10 Daemond the application "general society" was compatible, but in this ROM, it is more!

Why I have this problem?

thank you!

Guest Chron-O-John

I forgot to mention that, as it's already naturally to me to do a full wipe prior installing a ROM.

However I think i made a mistake configuring S2E. I'll report back.

Hmm, I still have issues. S2E is working now. As far as I see, the Crashes happen if a lot of memory is in use. (For Example, it crashed after starting Ingress) I can't provide a reproduceable procedure right now, but my guess is that it has something to do with high memory usage.

As far as I know there is some sort of automatic taskkiller included in this ROM, right? I'll check this...

Guest Chron-O-John

Hmm, I still have issues. S2E is working now. As far as I see, the Crashes happen if a lot of memory is in use. (For Example, it crashed after starting Ingress) I can't provide a reproduceable procedure right now, but my guess is that it has something to do with high memory usage.

As far as I know there is some sort of automatic taskkiller included in this ROM, right? I'll check this...

Hi,

I've sorted out my Problem. It was a bad connection to the SD-Card. A bit of cleaning and Stiky-Tape solved the Problem.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest MindlessPB

Hello!

First thank you very much for this ROM. Great Work

There is only one question, the display seems to be to dark for me, especial for the portuguese summer ;) Other CWM Based Roms have a feature called "Custom backlight settings". Is there a way to activate this setting?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi @Zeelog

I'm hoping to get a ZTE Blade back, after my original one died due to Touchscreen, and then died again when I replaced the Touchscreen after which it failed to boot. Trying to fix that, ended up cutting through the video ribbon. So got a new one off eBay (that was had faulty sim slot). Replaced that with my dead ZTE Blade and the Sim worked, however the Micro SD didnt (only in recovery). Anyway trying to fix that, ended up killing second Blade. So now buying another off eBay... lol. (this is as a spare phone, my main one is now Samsung Note N7000).

However, was wondering is there (or what are the chances of...) an updated version of this rom?? I swear there use to be a Android 4.2.2 based one in this forum somewhere?, as we were trying to get the Weather feature from this thread's version to work in the new one... (remember the days??) and so wondered if you've done a Android 4.3.1 version, as the main PAC guys are on that build now, wondered if its possible to merge sources (if thats how it works?).

And what would be the chances of a KitKat build of PAC on our Blade??

Anyway, hope you are well my good friend.. Keep up the GREAT work with the KK release you've done... (by the way, the only reason I am purchasing a ZTE Blade again is that you got KK running on it... so credit to you mate!!)

Cheers, Lister

Edited by Lister Of Smeg

However, was wondering is there (or what are the chances of...) an updated version of this rom?? I swear there use to be a Android 4.2.2 based one in this forum somewhere?, as we were trying to get the Weather feature from this thread's version to work in the new one... (remember the days??) and so wondered if you've done a Android 4.3.1 version, as the main PAC guys are on that build now, wondered if its possible to merge sources (if thats how it works?).

an updated version of this rom is highly unlikely, most probably I even deleted all the sources from my pc  :huh: re 4.3.1 version, i've compiled a one off version of revolt rom months ago (which is very similar to rootbox), however I'm not sure I've kept a copy of it...there were some issues with it back then with occasional boot loops (afaict it was failing to load the camera driver for some or another...if i manage to find it i'll post a copy on my goo.im page

And what would be the chances of a KitKat build of PAC on our Blade??

i didn't even try that yet, though i'm not reluctant on releasing another pac rom for blade - might be something else like revolt, slim, omnirom or pa...though right now i'm more focused on bringing stability on the cm4.4.2 rom...

Guest Fizziebaunz

an updated version of this rom is highly unlikely, most probably I even deleted all the sources from my pc :huh: re 4.3.1 version, i've compiled a one off version of revolt rom months ago (which is very similar to rootbox), however I'm not sure I've kept a copy of it...there were some issues with it back then with occasional boot loops (afaict it was failing to load the camera driver for some or another...if i manage to find it i'll post a copy on my goo.im page

i didn't even try that yet, though i'm not reluctant on releasing another pac rom for blade - might be something else like revolt, slim, omnirom or pa...though right now i'm more focused on bringing stability on the cm4.4.2 rom...