Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sjb2016

Battery life on GB and ICS

6 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I've had my G300 for about two months. Most of that time was spent on ICS (Stock+ b944 (I think)). I decided that I wasn't happy w/the battery life and read from a few people that battery life was better on GB than ICS (and of course, some that felt the other way).

I'm back on completely stock Voda UK GB b958. I was hoping to see a greatly improved battery life, but don't think I am really, so thinking I may go back to ICS as I think some things are more usable on ICS, and I have to charge my phone very night on either GB or ICS, so no advantage.

My question, what is everybody else's experience with battery life, especially GB v ICS. If you're ICS, are there any tweaks (or ROMS) that help extend battery life?

Regards,

Sam

I think I had better battery life on ICS, but I don't mind charging it every day - it can even make 2 at a stretch. I turn off Wi-Fi, GPS and mobile data when I'm not using them though.

Battery life is pretty much the only reason I came off gingerbread. In my experience the battery lasts maybe 50% longer on ICS. Tried all the ICS roms and now settled on CM9 and not felt the need to change since.

Turning off GPS is not a good idea; it doesn't use power whilst its not active. It has to fix from scratch every time you turn it back on, which wastes battery as well as time.

My battery lasts longer on GB B895

I've been on CM9 for a day and a half now, to my mind, I definitely get better battery life on GB. How strange. I use the things almost exclusively for web surfing and a calorie counter, and a twitter client (with push notifications off). It's all anecdotal of course, but it seems that most reckon they get better battery life on ICS. I wonder why some of us are different.