• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Battery life on GB and ICS

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi All,

I've had my G300 for about two months. Most of that time was spent on ICS (Stock+ b944 (I think)). I decided that I wasn't happy w/the battery life and read from a few people that battery life was better on GB than ICS (and of course, some that felt the other way).

I'm back on completely stock Voda UK GB b958. I was hoping to see a greatly improved battery life, but don't think I am really, so thinking I may go back to ICS as I think some things are more usable on ICS, and I have to charge my phone very night on either GB or ICS, so no advantage.

My question, what is everybody else's experience with battery life, especially GB v ICS. If you're ICS, are there any tweaks (or ROMS) that help extend battery life?

Regards,

Sam

Posted · Report post

I think I had better battery life on ICS, but I don't mind charging it every day - it can even make 2 at a stretch. I turn off Wi-Fi, GPS and mobile data when I'm not using them though.

Posted · Report post

Battery life is pretty much the only reason I came off gingerbread. In my experience the battery lasts maybe 50% longer on ICS. Tried all the ICS roms and now settled on CM9 and not felt the need to change since.

Posted · Report post

Turning off GPS is not a good idea; it doesn't use power whilst its not active. It has to fix from scratch every time you turn it back on, which wastes battery as well as time.

Posted · Report post

My battery lasts longer on GB B895

Posted · Report post

I've been on CM9 for a day and a half now, to my mind, I definitely get better battery life on GB. How strange. I use the things almost exclusively for web surfing and a calorie counter, and a twitter client (with push notifications off). It's all anecdotal of course, but it seems that most reckon they get better battery life on ICS. I wonder why some of us are different.