[ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly - ParanoidAndroid 2.81/CM10 - Android 4.1.2 (03/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Ramon,

I read somewhere you mentioned you tried int2ext+ on this rom. Did you felt any difference in performace? I trided both int2ext+ and int2ext+deodexed, and both times I felt my phone was significantly slower the usual? What is your experience on this?

I used two different sd card, both sdhc class4, maybe that is reason for bad performance?

I've not only tested INT2EXT+ but still installed on my device. I have used over time Link2SD (on GB, in particular SKatie), A2SD (on CM7, in particular IceArmor), S2E (on CM9, in particular Paranoid/ICS from C3C0 and CM10, in particular Paranoid/JB from Zeelog). When I install ParanoidJelly try using S2E again, but it could not be, so that search for alternatives and i install INT2EXT+; therefore, I am not a user of IN2EXT+ for a long time, but rather the contrary.

My MicroSD is a Samsung Class 6. I think that is not bad, but i see best transfer rates in Antutu tests that shows people here, so that I do not believe that it is a card "elite" : -)

My experience with INT2EXT+ is good, but take it with reservations, because I haven't tried several managers of this type on the same ROM ... and test with different ROMs can lead to erroneous conclusions. The closest things i have ever tested is ParanoidJB/Zeelog with S2E and ParanoidJB/C3C0 with INT2EXT+ and between both combinations i can say that ParanoidJelly behaves significantly better, in my opinion. When you have a lot of installed applications, see PJB/Zeelog+S2E slows down significantly more that PJB/C3C0+INT2EXT+ ... but be careful, because the ROMs are not identical, and it is possible that the ROM of C3C0 has other optimizations or improvements that are influencing.

In any case, I believe that today, ParanoidJelly+INT2EXT+ is an unmatched combination of functionality and progress. The Skate with this duo is "something else", and it is a pity that you do not have a little more processor and memory, but in reality I think that behaves very well.

Anyway, I think that who install a manager of this type has to know that there is a performance penalty when using the SD card. But for me it is very reasonable. I am very satisfied, to tell the truth. I would advise using a TPT which was as close as possible to the actual size of occupied /system, in order to optimize the use of internal memory, and then spun in the fine selection of applications (the fewer, the better): I have, only for testing, installed on ParanoidJelly+INT2EXT+ more than 100 applications whose APK i have in my SD card... who would not normally use or installed, but i have done to test the combo. With 110 in all types of applications, some very heavy, the terminal slowed down a lot, but is that it seems to me near a miracle as work : -) and uninstalling the apps you return to see how he gradually goes by speeding up the device and always keeps a acceptable performance. All this is, in any case, subjective. But I can only sincerely recommend ParanoidJelly; is a great ROM, very elaborated and cared for, that leads to the Skate to another league of functionality. I love it. And in regard to INT2EXT+, i would have liked to compare it with S2E, but it could not be: it didn't work on ParanoidJelly, at least when i tried (and I cannot remember if the test was on the initial version of ParanoidJelly or on the last available). Already only use INT2EXT+ and my experience is very satisfactory.

Earlier this week I had to return to stock ROM H3 for a bit and I have found GPS performance to be significantly better. It gets a fix nearly instantly and keeps it much better using more satellites.

Both ICS and JB PA seem to suffer from this. Is it something that could be easily remedied. That would be great.

Thanks for your work on these great ROMs.

having issue with ROM. when trying to add exchange active sync account with user certificate (pfx) got an error on next step after screen with domain\user, ssl settings end etc - "Certificate is invalid or inaccessible". seems like JB can't read self certification storage. this works clear on other tablet devices with JB that i use. i'm not sure that it's this ROM issue, but maybe someone here the same problem and know how to fix it...

upd

waste 2 days looking for solution in google code pages. the trick - factory reset... then configure email (not an accounts in settings menu)... when installing sertificate modify friendly name like "asd123" whisout %-~ and etc. when appears dialog box whis modifying account name - wait and wait until resive security notification (email need adm rights) and only then click next. hope this will be usefull for any JB 4.1% with issue like that

Edited by cmekc

Guest nemanjakrpovic

I've not only tested INT2EXT+ but still installed on my device. I have used over time Link2SD (on GB, in particular SKatie), A2SD (on CM7, in particular IceArmor), S2E (on CM9, in particular Paranoid/ICS from C3C0 and CM10, in particular Paranoid/JB from Zeelog). When I install ParanoidJelly try using S2E again, but it could not be, so that search for alternatives and i install INT2EXT+; therefore, I am not a user of IN2EXT+ for a long time, but rather the contrary.

My MicroSD is a Samsung Class 6. I think that is not bad, but i see best transfer rates in Antutu tests that shows people here, so that I do not believe that it is a card "elite" : -)

My experience with INT2EXT+ is good, but take it with reservations, because I haven't tried several managers of this type on the same ROM ... and test with different ROMs can lead to erroneous conclusions. The closest things i have ever tested is ParanoidJB/Zeelog with S2E and ParanoidJB/C3C0 with INT2EXT+ and between both combinations i can say that ParanoidJelly behaves significantly better, in my opinion. When you have a lot of installed applications, see PJB/Zeelog+S2E slows down significantly more that PJB/C3C0+INT2EXT+ ... but be careful, because the ROMs are not identical, and it is possible that the ROM of C3C0 has other optimizations or improvements that are influencing.

In any case, I believe that today, ParanoidJelly+INT2EXT+ is an unmatched combination of functionality and progress. The Skate with this duo is "something else", and it is a pity that you do not have a little more processor and memory, but in reality I think that behaves very well.

Anyway, I think that who install a manager of this type has to know that there is a performance penalty when using the SD card. But for me it is very reasonable. I am very satisfied, to tell the truth. I would advise using a TPT which was as close as possible to the actual size of occupied /system, in order to optimize the use of internal memory, and then spun in the fine selection of applications (the fewer, the better): I have, only for testing, installed on ParanoidJelly+INT2EXT+ more than 100 applications whose APK i have in my SD card... who would not normally use or installed, but i have done to test the combo. With 110 in all types of applications, some very heavy, the terminal slowed down a lot, but is that it seems to me near a miracle as work : -) and uninstalling the apps you return to see how he gradually goes by speeding up the device and always keeps a acceptable performance. All this is, in any case, subjective. But I can only sincerely recommend ParanoidJelly; is a great ROM, very elaborated and cared for, that leads to the Skate to another league of functionality. I love it. And in regard to INT2EXT+, i would have liked to compare it with S2E, but it could not be: it didn't work on ParanoidJelly, at least when i tried (and I cannot remember if the test was on the initial version of ParanoidJelly or on the last available). Already only use INT2EXT+ and my experience is very satisfactory.

I tried today with fresh formated sd and it`s much better. It`s little slower just in some situations and i thin i will continue using it....I thing this is the same methodd that manufacturer(Huawei, Samsung etc.) using with internal SD card. I had Huwaei S7 slim with 2.8gb internal memory and i think 4.8gb internal sd card. In fact that is one internal SD card with two partitions, one ext2 or ext mounted to data and one left as storage. So when manufacturers practice same thing, i think this is safe enough to use. Thanks for informations.

Guest plegdroid
How to hide status bar ? Any ideas ?

apex/nova, have swipe to hide option, if you want to use softkeys still. :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest eric790125

I've got trouble after flashing this rom into my T3. Almost everytime after I settled up the positions of widgets on my screen and reboot, and everything returned to the default setting, and my menu button would not functioning until I reflash the ROM. What's the issue? Anyone and help ? It really irritates me... :wacko:

By the way, I've installed "Mounts2SD" APP's script and "S2E" APP to enable a2sd function

Edited by eric790125

2) Softkeys in tablet mode do work. You can even set their visibility individually (e.g. to have only back button)

3) Sensitivity of navigation bar is certainly better than default. As I hacked it to be better. Have you tried?

6) I agree tablet mode is not well tuned - I dedicated time to more important issues than tuning of Tablet UI (since it is probably not used by many users and has the least priority for me). Those who use it can tweak it as they like. It would be perfect to share the final config so it could be added as default. Contributions from users in any form are always welcome (as they save me some work and time)

Hi all ! :-) ...and apologies for an automated translation in this post.

C3C0, I would like to apologize to any of the points that I indicated in an earlier message from me (#274):

2) Indeed, the soft keys can be configured in the left of the status bar, and works ok. In terms of its functionality and its sensitivity, are entirely correct. Slipup by my part or bad test in his time or bad annotation, but you're right.

3) The sensitivity of the navigation bar is correct too. In terms of its functionality and its sensitivity, are entirely correct. What i think happened when I tried, is that I had the bar set with very little height (may be 120) and in practice was so small that possibly the touch on the symbols of navigation bar was not correct or the system did not identify him well to be on a number of pixels very reduced. It is not practical to have a navigation bar so low, so with a "normal" size, it works OK.

6) After testing a little more the tablet mode, I think that what should be changed first is the configuration of the Trebuchet to 360 pix. Only with that already draws well the entire desktop, and with the same structure that presents in the other modes. However, if you want to try this, i would change the configuration of some other system applications. Herewith the configuration file i use for the Tablet mode; may be useful for someone (the forum does not allow me attach configuration files):

###################

# PARANOIDANDROID #

###################

## CONFIGURATION

%rom_dpi_min=120

%rom_dpi_max=240

%rom_default_dpi=240

%rom_default_layout=360

## CONFIGURATION

%hybrid_mode=1

%system_default_layout=720

%user_default_layout=720

%system_default_dpi=160

%user_default_dpi=160

## WORKSPACE PREFERENCES

android.dpi=160

android.layout=720

com.android.systemui.dpi=160

com.android.systemui.layout=720

## SYSTEM PREFERENCES

com.paranoid.preferences.dpi=160

com.paranoid.preferences.layout=600

com.android.browser.dpi=160

com.android.browser.layout=600

com.android.calculator2.dpi=128

com.android.calculator2.layout=600

com.android.contacts.dpi=160

com.android.contacts.layout=680

com.android.calendar.dpi=160

com.android.calendar.layout=960

com.google.android.gm.dpi=%system_default_dpi

com.google.android.gm.layout=600

com.google.android.talk.dpi=%system_default_dpi

com.google.android.talk.layout=%system_default_layout

com.cyanogenmod.trebuchet.dpi=150

com.cyanogenmod.trebuchet.layout=360

## USER PREFERENCES

com.android.settings.dpi=160

com.android.settings.layout=720

com.android.gm.dpi=160

com.android.gm.layout=720

com.android.talk.dpi=160

com.android.talk.layout=720

com.android.contacts.large=0

com.android.settings.large=1

com.android.phone.dpi=150

com.android.email.layout=600

com.android.gallery3d.layout=600

com.android.deskclock.layout=600

com.android.deskclock.dpi=150

com.android.vending.layout=800

C3C0, thank you very much for your excellent work :-)

Guest omegavesko

Switched to this last night and I'm definitely keeping it. Seems a tad unstable (randomly freezes now and then, no idea why), but perfect other than that. I love the Optimal UI setting.

New build up.

Changelog 17/01/2013

- boostpulse support for ondemand governor

- S2E compatibility fix (mount as ext4 in settings)

- option to choose 3G policy for 2G toggle (3G/2G or 3G only)

- removed empty Settings menu item from Gallery

- option to enable/disable bootanimation

- added PartiotionInfo (Settings / Partition info)

- Hot reboot option in reboot menu

- Rotate switch option moved under Notification toggles

- upgrade from previous version possible

Guest mamen2022

Anyone getting a error installing the new update? I am not doing a fresh installation just an update, but this is the error I am getting:

Finding update package...

Opening update package..

E:Cant open /sdcard/pa_skate-2.60-17JAN2013-124847.zip

(bad)

Installation Aborted.

Edited by mamen2022

Guest Anglobal

Anyone getting a error installing the new update? I am not doing a fresh installation just an update, but this is the error I am getting:

Finding update package...

Opening update package..

E:Cant open /sdcard/pa_skate-2.60-17JAN2013-124847.zip

(bad)

Installation Aborted.

I havent tried it yet but maybe you should try installing the zips, not updating. Just dont wipe data and you will save your apps.

I was also having GPS problems with this ROM.

I removed a few apps to free some space/memory. Now GPS working fine again

Edited by aamiel