[ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly - ParanoidAndroid 2.81/CM10 - Android 4.1.2 (03/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest WiiSky70

Good Update ! Finally i can get rid of that auto-rotation icon present on Notification Status Bar.

Also , i have one recomendation C3C0 , can you use another strategy for updates ? Maybe an OTA Updater would be more simple than following

all that procedures.

Edited by WiiSky70

Loving this ROM seems very stable for me, no problems and fast on what is old hardware now

plegdroid - will blue systemui from CFX3 work on this ROM

You can change the system UI colors in settings although there's probably a problem of persistence. Settings might not "survive" the reboot.

This is something that needs to be fixed but for me it's not a priority atm.

For those wondering why SD-EXT in partition info shows 0 - there is a weak point in default implementation which is

dependent on what app to move data to sd ext is used. I revised it to be more generic and not app dependent.

https://github.com/ParanoidZTE/android_packages_apps_Settings/commit/37c74fd604bdebf45a8546dd7efb405884c33214

Will be included in next version or for those impatient I can provide a small flashable patch.

Guest WiiSky70

For those wondering why SD-EXT in partition info shows 0 - there is a weak point in default implementation which is

dependent on what app to move data to sd ext is used. I revised it to be more generic and not app dependent.

https://github.com/P...efb405884c33214

Will be included in next version or for those impatient I can provide a small flashable patch.

Also , i have one recomendation C3C0 , can you use another strategy for updates ? Maybe an OTA Updater would be more simple than following

all that procedures.

Guest Redstarr1

all that procedures.

If you use GooManager, you will be notified when C3C0 uploads a new version of his rom. OTA Updaters are a lot of work.

Guest almera8

Anyone getting a error installing the new update? I am not doing a fresh installation just an update, but this is the error I am getting:

Finding update package...

Opening update package..

E:Cant open /sdcard/pa_skate-2.60-17JAN2013-124847.zip

(bad)

Installation Aborted.

You have a bad download, download via GooManager, it will check the md5sum for you. I had no problems installing.

BTW as the CM update script formats system, you don't have to do much when updating. Just flash the rom and gapps.

Edited by almera8

Guest WiiSky70

... and I am not eager to register to get another account to store files. I am happy with Goo services.

Sorry i was talking about that becuse the builds on CFX2 includes an OTA Updater.

Guest omegavesko

Sorry i was talking about that becuse the builds on CFX2 includes an OTA Updater.

Does that actually work, though? I never once actually used it while I was on CFX2.

I think GooManager is more than enough.

Guest razzmataz1478

Does that actually work, though? I never once actually used it while I was on CFX2.

I think GooManager is more than enough.

No, it never did. But a good example of the work and other things like bandwidth it takes to get these working is Dazzozo's implementation of GetCM..

Which is here. Obviously all OTA Updaters are different.

Goo.im is absolutely fine and works perfectly, even better is the integration it has with OpenRecovery script-based recoveries (e.g. TWRP - I made a build but it didn't boot, Lalit made one some time ago but I don't think he has the device config).

Only thing I have against them is that I haven't had a reply from them because I think it's because I screwed up the application by trying to be witty. :P

Guest nemanjakrpovic

Does anyone else has problem with DSP manager? Even when i enable equalizer and choose any present it makes no diference. The sound is still to quiet...reinstalling dsp manager didint help, reflashing rom neither?

Guest wizard.no.84

Settings / performance

the only place i did not look :D

edit: is there a way to install Clock from 4.2?

actually, make widget (analog-digital) to be functional.. .apk alone can be installed, and setings UI is 4.2, but there are no 4.2 Clock widets..

(only JB from rom, dot one)

Edited by wizard.no.84

Guest wizard.no.84

ok, dose anybody know some other Gapps i can use? this play store "incompatibility" is bit**ing me.. cant download Viber, Google play music, Gmaps.. and som other apps..

Edit: its account issue.. loged with other account and those apps are downloadable.. :blink:

Edited by wizard.no.84

Guest mamen2022

ok, dose anybody know some other Gapps i can use? this play store "incompatibility" is bit**ing me.. cant download Viber, Google play music, Gmaps.. and som other apps..

Read the first post, in the WTF section, there is a way to solution the incompatibility problems.

Guest jtharmor

Edit: its account issue.. loged with other account and those apps are downloadable.. :blink:

WTF..WTF..WTF

Guest plegdroid
I had some time today to add some new goodies...

post-932905-0-06180400-1358617542_thumb.

I would like to ask some native English people to comment on/revise texts for these new features.

as always, your English is perfect! let you off with the spelling of colour, as Google spell it color :P :)