[ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly - ParanoidAndroid 2.81/CM10 - Android 4.1.2 (03/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest sashko69

IMHO, this is the ultimate ROM for Skate. Everything I need and use works great, no probs at all. Battery life is excellent, wi-fi and GPS are fast, sound is loud enough in both handset and loudspeaker, regular updates... It's a keeper for me.

Nice update, indeed C3C0. Question : how do you disable hardware acceleration for a certain app, I can't find the settings menu entry that I could find in the PA CM9 settings menu, is this feature already implemented or does it needs to be implemented yet (I need to exclude the game Bunny Shooter (the only application that didn't showed up as installed application on the PA CM9 rom) from using hardware acceleration as there are white squares where the objects need to be)? Also I think you can strike the "Paranoid: custom colors for status bar and navbar don't survive the reboot (I might try to fix it in the future builds)" known issue, this works for me (I have tried to change it to red, works but didn't like it, turned it back to black), does anyone gets reboots when applying a custom color for the statusbar and navbar?

HWA Settings app was included in PA ICS as a workaround for white/empty screen bug. It is not needed on JB. The white squares you are talking about are not related to hwa accel IMHO. Textures will not appera if your device is low on memory. So maybe try Hot reboot before running app with higher memory demands.

About Paranoid custom colors - it's not about reboots. But that the color settings are not being persisted accross reboots. So if you set colors for navigation bar it will be back to default when you turn off/on the phone or reboot.

@C3C0 : Understood, kind of feeling dumb now :blush: . The thing about the white squares I didn't know but the thing about the known issue I could have avoid posting such a stupid remark if I had read the known issue itself better. How could I ever doubted your infinite wisdom, C3C0 ^_^.

Guest alex61194

No problem, man. Don't take it too seriously :)

Infinite wisdom :D I wish!!

hi C3CO wisdom xD can you resolve my question please is secury flashing via goo.im

i install last update and its ok But Wifi Have a problem , when i switch on wifi , a wireless network appear and after seconds its disappeared and does not appear again

Guest mamen2022

Awsome update C3C0! I tested the GPS today and I think that the patch included helped, it's faster to get satellites :D

Anyone else have a problem with this update in calls? today I got a bug in a call, I couldn't press the finish call button because on the screen was the lock screen and behind was the call, still in progress. When I unlocked the phone, the call was minimized and I pressed again and it comeback to the lockscreen with the call behind again, but I rebooted the phone and didn´t happened again.

Another question, in the messages can anyone use voice input? Everytime I try it apears "didn't understand. Try again"

Edited by mamen2022

Awsome update C3C0! I tested the GPS today and I think that the patch included helped, it's faster to get satellites :D

Anyone else have a problem with this update in calls? today I got a bug in a call, I couldn't press the finish call button because on the screen was the lock screen and behind was the call, still in progress. When I unlocked the phone, the call was minimized and I pressed again and it comeback to the lockscreen with the call behind again, but I rebooted the phone and didn´t happened again.

Another question, in the messages can anyone use voice input? Everytime I try it apears "didn't understand. Try again"

Voice input seems not working on the old devices (armv6) :)

However, there's a special app in Google Now thread that makes voice input work but I admit it's not very convenient.

Our device is armv6 so there's no way to make it work. I should put this in non-working section in OP.

@C3C0

well about the installation way as follows :

1- i have CWM base recovery v4.0.1.4

2- i was working on CM7

3- reboot into recovery

4- wipe data / factory reset

5- wipe cache partitions

6- advanced / wipe dalvik cache

7- install zip from sdcard select the pa_skate - 2.62 - 20 jan 2013

8- Reboot

for the partition layout as shown in the partition info :

/system 166/200 MB

/data 66.48/205 MB

/cache 1.20/35.00

/sdcard ( Fat ) 404MB/665 MB

Ext unavailable

1. System 199/200

Guest Bandaranaike

The rom is wonderful no question, thank you. Only problem I have is with Google maps app, it won't find my location. It says 'please enable Google apps location access' - but it's is enabled with both gps and Wi-Fi/mobile network in general settings, and I can't find any option within maps app settings. Strange.

One little thing if I may ask, it's to add sleep time notification toggle. I got very much used to change this quite often on other roms. Not that important anyway.

Thank you again C3C0, and other devs, just amazing phone.

Edited by Bandaranaike

@etarek

I wonder why you have 199MB on system partition when rom + my gapps take up around 190. Did you flash different gapps or anything else on top of the rom?

How about your wifi mac address? Did you unlock the phone (which might wipe your mac address)? Have you tried with different rom?

Can you do a logcat? (using aLogcat app from play store).

What country are you from? Have you tried setting the country in wifi advanced settings?

The rom is wonderful no question, thank you. Only problem I have is with Google maps app, it won't find my location. It says 'please enable Google apps location access' - but it's is enabled with both gps and Wi-Fi/mobile network in general settings, and I can't find any option within maps app settings. Strange.

One little thing if I may ask, it's to add sleep time notification toggle. I got very much used to change this quite often on other roms. Not that important anyway.

Thank you again C3C0, and other devs, just amazing phone.

Just tried google maps and it locked my position immediately after launching. What about your GPS settings? Try setting "GPS Source" to internal if you haven't already done so.

Is your system partition big enough for both rom + gapps?

Edited by C3C0

Guest 24KiFly24

I have a problem with 3g. If I use WiFi than I turn off WiFi to use 3g(its always turned on) the 3g icon stays grey and I can't use. After reboot its work again till I don't use WiFi.

I use 19. Update.

I have to correct myself. It just do it when it use WiFi at longer period e.g evening I put it to charge to morning when I turn off doesn't want to connect to 3g((today I tried to switch between2-3g and its working) anybody has the same?

Anyway its a great ROM thank you C3CO and other devs .

Edited by 24KiFly24

Guest Cookie1990

I've installed your Rom, looks nice.

But, i have troubles with my Apps.

If i tryto install an App, it say the Version is incompatyble with my Mobile.

I've already tryed yout Tip from the WTF Section, still not working.

Guest Bandaranaike

Just tried google maps and it locked my position immediately after launching. What about your GPS settings? Try setting "GPS Source" to internal if you haven't already done so.

Is your system partition big enough for both rom + gapps?

I reinstalled maps and it works now. Problem was in the first installation I denied granting location access in the pop-up within maps, so later on the app won't recognise changed general settings for some reason.

It is fine now, thank you for answering and all your effort.