[ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly - ParanoidAndroid 2.81/CM10 - Android 4.1.2 (03/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest Bandaranaike
I've installed your Rom, looks nice.

But, i have troubles with my Apps.

If i tryto install an App, it say the Version is incompatyble with my Mobile.

I've already tryed yout Tip from the WTF Section, still not working.

For me it worked after I changed paranoid settings to tablet mode (later I changed it back), but I thing general advice wold be to just mess with your settings/ account A LOT :)

Guest RogyHyde

Hi, I'm trying this rom this morning and I have a trouble: the camera application seems not to exists.

I'm searching and I'm having not result. ¿Is the camera uninstalled?

Great performance in all the rom. It's a pitty not to have camera, :(

Thanks for all your work, buddies! (especially to C3C0 and Tilal for their roms, :D)

Sorry for my english, i'm spanish, and sorry if it's a n00b question.

Guest sashko69

Hi, I'm trying this rom this morning and I have a trouble: the camera application seems not to exists.

Thanks for all your work, buddies! (especially to C3C0 and Tilal for their roms, :D)

If you really don't have camera app (although you should, I have it on this ROM) just download it from PlayStore, there are so many of them including ICSCamera, Camera360, LGCamera...

Guest greldon7

Excellent ROM, to me, the best one so far!!!!!

I hope I'm not the only one with this question and can help others: how to enalble the sd-ext partition (or how to enable extending the application storage outside internal memory for apps) from scratch with this ROM. Just the steps. Because I have messed up my phone and my card plenty of times when using other ROMs.

And, this one is for @C3C0: regarding the LagFix app, do you think it would work with this ROM to reduce lags? Should we give it a try?

Thank you and keep us with updates, even if they just change one bit, we will try them!!!

Camera is a part of Gallery. So if you uninstalled gallery, your camera is gone.

On how many fps does the camera work (practically on all 4.0+ roms)? If this can be improved, it could be the last thing I would like to see in this rom. And then, it would be 100% perfect for my daily use.

Edited by shaez

@Bandaranaike + C3C0

Glad to hear you have resolved your Google Maps issue. However just in case anyone else comes across the "Please enable Google apps location access" error; you need to enable it in the Accounts section as well as the Location section.

System settings > Google (Accounts section) > Location settings > Let Google apps access your location > ON

Hope this helps someone at some point!

Guest sashko69

On how many fps does the camera work (practically on all 4.0+ roms)? If this can be improved, it could be the last thing I would like to see in this rom. And then, it would be 100% perfect for my daily use.

From my experience, video recording is up to 15fps. Details and brighteness are nice even in low light conditions, but framerate is definetly too low. I agree, video recording at 30 fps would make this absolutely perfect for my daily needs.

Guest Redstarr1

Ask yourself, how often do you record video with your phone? My Xperia S can record at 1080p but I haven't made even 1 tiny video clip in the 4 months that I have it. Could be that you use it more often, but I'd find it weird that you use a 4:3 camera a lot, it was outdated from the start. There's a distinction between 100% functionality and being good enough to use as a daily driver. I'd say Jelly Bean has been good enough as a daily driver ever since C3C0 perfected it, and it still would be even if video recording wouldn't work at all.

does anyone have problem with push notifications?

im not receiving any notifications.. (FB, FB messenger, Tapatalk...)

Do you use Titanium Backup? I've encountered problems when using it to restore some apps, i.e.with push notifications not working in a couple of different ROMs, re-installing them from Play store seemed to sort it.

Edited by eddev

Well said. On the other hand I can imagine some people need good qualitry camcorder so badly that it's the main criteria for daily driver. In this case there's no other option than to stick with gingerbread.

Edited by C3C0

Ask yourself, how often do you record video with your phone? My Xperia S can record at 1080p but I haven't made even 1 tiny video clip in the 4 months that I have it. Could be that you use it more often, but I'd find it weird that you use a 4:3 camera a lot, it was outdated from the start. There's a distinction between 100% functionality and being good enough to use as a daily driver. I'd say Jelly Bean has been good enough as a daily driver ever since C3C0 perfected it, and it still would be even if video recording wouldn't work at all.

Personally I use my phone camera on a daily basis, so the fps increase would be amazing. It's usually enough, but yesterday I took it for a snowboard ride and it was definitely not enough :D

Guest Bandaranaike

@Bandaranaike + C3C0

Glad to hear you have resolved your Google Maps issue. However just in case anyone else comes across the "Please enable Google apps location access" error; you need to enable it in the Accounts section as well as the Location section.

System settings > Google (Accounts section) > Location settings > Let Google apps access your location > ON

Hope this helps someone at some point!

I see. Thanks.

Guest sjoerd87

Hello!

At first, i really Love this rom ;) after the last update i have a problem with 3g too. The icon stays grey all the time... and i also dont get push notifications, a restart doesn't solve the problem. Has anyone a solution for this? It's a nasty issue

Kind regards

Sjoerd

Guest 24KiFly24

does anyone have problem with push notifications?

im not receiving any notifications.. (FB, FB messenger, Tapatalk...)

I'm. Also suffering from this;)

I just can't find any relation to the latest changes I made. 3g works fine here. So any steps to reproduce? Or perhaps a logcat?

Do you use any task killers? If yes, uninstall them to see if it makes any difference.

Edited by C3C0

Guest sjoerd87

I just can't find any relation to the latest changes I made. 3g works fine here. So any steps to reproduce? Or perhaps a logcat?

Do you use any task killers? If yes, uninstall them to see if it makes any difference.

is your icon blue or grey? Here it just stays grey and the weather on the lock screen also doesn't update anymore.