[ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly - ParanoidAndroid 2.81/CM10 - Android 4.1.2 (03/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

@ C3C0

Hello and Thanks for the response

for my lucky i uninstall the sim card and turn on the mobile , then when i did search for wifi its start working normal , and again when i install the SIM card wifi stop working again ,, what is the solution please help

Guest jtharmor

I am using tablet UI mode. Can i just change contacts and gtalk app such that it does not display in tablet mode ??

I tried in paranoid settings --> apps --> Large option. But still it splits screen into two for these two apps.

Guest jtharmor

I just can't find any relation to the latest changes I made. 3g works fine here. So any steps to reproduce? Or perhaps a logcat?

Do you use any task killers? If yes, uninstall them to see if it makes any difference.

Why are task killers not recommended ?

is your icon blue or grey? Here it just stays grey and the weather on the lock screen also doesn't update anymore.

Blue. I played with it for quite a long time. Switching 2g/3g/wifi and I always had mobile data after switching wifi off. Whether 2G or 3G.

@ C3C0

Hello and Thanks for the response

for my lucky i uninstall the sim card and turn on the mobile , then when i did search for wifi its start working normal , and again when i install the SIM card wifi stop working again ,, what is the solution please help

I have no clue. How does your sim behave on different roms?

I am using tablet UI mode. Can i just change contacts and gtalk app such that it does not display in tablet mode ??

I tried in paranoid settings --> apps --> Large option. But still it splits screen into two for these two apps.

You have to change Layout, not the "screen large" option. 360px for phone UI, 600px for Phablet (720px layout is tablet)

Why are task killers not recommended ?

http://www.howtogeek.com/127388/htg-explains-why-you-shouldnt-use-a-task-killer-on-android/

especially: "CyanogenMod, the popular community-developed Android ROM, won’t even accept bug reports from users using task killers, saying that they cause more problems than they solve."

Guest wizard.no.84

thats true about task killing, but face it, we dont have nexus 4 with 2G of ram. we barely have 400M. and that is a easily eaten with couple of apps..

so i am using Ram booster, but selectively killing apps, that are not on my daily using base..

i tried using swap, but seems with n luck.. so im forced to use something to make my phone, work like phone.. until I i get my hands on something more powerful than skate..

its like smoking.. you know its bad.. ;)

Guest Bandaranaike

thats true about task killing, but face it, we dont have nexus 4 with 2G of ram. we barely have 400M. and that is a easily eaten with couple of apps..

so i am using Ram booster, but selectively killing apps, that are not on my daily using base..

i tried using swap, but seems with n luck.. so im forced to use something to make my phone, work like phone.. until I i get my hands on something more powerful than skate..

its like smoking.. you know its bad.. ;)

This phone is not a powerful device, but for normal usage, like browsing the web, watching youtube, social apps, media apps etc, I find it strong enough. I dont think Ive had any big lags or chokes that are caused by lack of memory (usage), on this ROM or CFX3. Far from expert here, but "memory management" looks to be nicely done on these newer systems.

Though to be frank I do try to manage how I use the phone, usually by exiting (rather than minimizing) apps that I use for more than a quick glance.

Also, an app that I would recommend is System panel. It shows which apps are actually running and which are just cashed in memory, and which are used by processor power.

Guest satanovsyn

This phone is not a powerful device, but for normal usage, like browsing the web, watching youtube, social apps, media apps etc, I find it strong enough.

I can't agree with you. I am playing 3D games like - Need for speed shift with good performance.

My settings:

902Mhz

Performance

VR

And also question for 4.2.1. Can be updated for this ROM or not?

Edited by satanovsyn

Quick question. I found this cool bug. I had rotation turned off, but I could still rotate my phone in the gallery. And it was super smooth, practically no delay, just really quick, then I turned rotation on and it was pretty slow again. So I think it is possible to get some settings for adjusting rotating speed, isn't it?:)

@satanovsyn

Cfx3 is 4.2.1 so you can try that.

I am not planning to switch to 4.2.1 pa since it doesn't reuse cm framework anymore. They are using aosp jb-dev branch which is a development branch that can still have too many issues unresolved. Let's have a least one jb ROM that's almost fully working.

Edited by C3C0

Yeah I believe this isn't about animation, but recognition position of the phone, which is slow. If I set animation speed to the highest level, the animation is fast, but it takes like 1 second to recognize the rotation.