[ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly - ParanoidAndroid 2.81/CM10 - Android 4.1.2 (03/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest plegdroid
thanks but can't even see any networks

Do I need to flash blue systemui first or just this

Afternoon.

blue systemui will have no bearing on wifi. within wifi options have you refreshed /rescaned for any available networks? :)

Guest johnny07mdc

Sorry mate bad posting on my behalf

1-can't turn WiFi on to scan or rescan for networks

2- after i do fresh install and check everything working

will last zip give me blue systemui and larger soft keys or I

need flash blue systemui first and second larger soft keys zip

Good afternoon

Guest plegdroid
Sorry mate bad posting on my behalf

1-can't turn WiFi on to scan or rescan for networks

2- after i do fresh install and check everything working

will last zip give me blue systemui and larger soft keys or I

need flash blue systemui first and second larger soft keys zip

Good afternoon

if you want to use the two zips I've posted, flash both after you've checked your fresh install is ok. there two separate apks. :)

Guest johnny07mdc

if you want to use the two zips I've posted, flash both after you've checked your fresh install is ok. there two separate apks. :)

thanks mate,

YES I want blue ui and larger soft keys

All themes gving compilation eror while applyng :(

It depends for what screen size / resolution theme is designed. If the theme is missing assets for your UI layout then it's a problem of theme, not ROM.

Some themes are simply targeted for the particular layouts. So while they work on stock UI, they won't work on Tablet UI because they are missing

necessary images (assets) for that resolution. I just tried crystal2 theme on Optimal UI and it works quite fine.

post-932905-0-42406000-1359304234_thumb. post-932905-0-48588800-1359304252_thumb.

Edited by C3C0

Guest johnny07mdc

@plegdriod - thanks mate new one working

Did fresh install everything working going to flash

both apk's of your's.

Thanks for all your help and time taken to make my

skate more beautiful

Sorry for the noob question, I'm kinda new to using a custom rom ...

G Maps is apparently not included in the apps package, and Play doesn't allow installing it. How could I get it ?

Similarly, many of the apps that are available for the stock rom are no longer available for the jb custom rom, is there a solution for that ?

Guest plegdroid
@plegdriod - thanks mate new one working

Did fresh install everything working going to flash

both apk's of your's.

Thanks for all your help and time taken to make my

skate more beautiful

Your very welcome, their selfish acts by me. just sharing :D :)

Reading at least the first post would be highly appreciated...

I guess I paid most attention on the "hard" part of the installation, and less on the supposedly easier portions. I did remove the G account and add it back from Play, but the "app incompatible" issue remains for many (but not all) applications. Since this gave me a good hint I should try harder (thanks !), I tried another G account not tied to my old rom, and it works properly for app availability. So the readme is probably a bit misleading.

BTW, awesome work on the rom, it's like I got a new phone.

Guest plegdroid
Sorry for the noob question, I'm kinda new to using a custom rom ...

G Maps is apparently not included in the apps package, and Play doesn't allow installing it. How could I get it ?

Similarly, many of the apps that are available for the stock rom are no longer available for the jb custom rom, is there a solution for that ?

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/353351-Newbies-Guide-to-flashing-CM9/CM10-for-ZTE,-OMC/Skate

Plegdroid mate, have you got a guide you could link me too for making framework theming zips etc. I wanna change my SMS icon with a custom one I designed this morning. Thanks mate.

Guest razzmataz1478

Plegdroid mate, have you got a guide you could link me too for making framework theming zips etc. I wanna change my SMS icon with a custom one I designed this morning. Thanks mate.

Download apktool: http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/downloads/list

Usage:

To decompile

apktool d appname.apk
To recompile:
apktool b appfolder appname.apk

Icons are usually in drawables

Guest plegdroid

Afternoon mate, this is a nice starting point by Frankish.

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/328510-[GUIDE]-Theme-editing-and-related-things.

:)

this will cover apktool usage

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1752201

you'll be needing Java

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

you can download sdk if you wish, but it's not required to use apktool.

link to peaches apktool thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1755243

if just wanting to change a png (icon ) you can do on your phone via X-Plore, free from playstore.

remember to rename the new one, identical to the one you've replaced.

Edited by plegdroid

Guest jtharmor

It depends for what screen size / resolution theme is designed. If the theme is missing assets for your UI layout then it's a problem of theme, not ROM.

Some themes are simply targeted for the particular layouts. So while they work on stock UI, they won't work on Tablet UI because they are missing

necessary images (assets) for that resolution. I just tried crystal2 theme on Optimal UI and it works quite fine.

post-932905-0-42406000-1359304234_thumb. post-932905-0-48588800-1359304252_thumb.

Got the solution...change to optimal UI, apply theme, back to tablet UI and theme is still there :) ... Thanks

Ok, so until i get a spare five minutes to get my head round this apk tool malarkey, I opted for the easier solution of doing it via 7zip, seems to have worked ok.

Screenshots -

New Contact icon, need to sort the bottom of the icon out.

post-995406-0-68967100-1359368377_thumb.

post-995406-0-84791600-1359368384_thumb.

post-995406-0-94125500-1359384815_thumb.

Edited by SPARL_

Guest plegdroid
Ok, so until i get a spare five minutes to get my head round this apk tool malarkey, I opted for the easier solution of doing it via 7zip, seems to have worked ok.

result :D

Screenshots -