[ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly - ParanoidAndroid 2.81/CM10 - Android 4.1.2 (03/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest omegavesko
New build available. Probably the final one.

Changelog 27/02/2013

- synced with CM repos

- FM Radio support - FmReceiver app is a sample CM app so don't expect any fancy UI nor features.

- Kernel: updated GPU drivers

- upgrade without data wipe possible

Thanks go to daemond for his impressive work

I'm assuming the next builds of RootBox and PJ2 will have FM as well?

Guest eloimuns

C3C0 nice update. The Radio is easy to port on 4.2.+ version? I think is a good point

:D

Thanks for the update. I think that is the most stable rom for skate (I THINK)

Pj2 and RootBox are not pure cm ROMs so it won't be as straightforward as on pj1

I will take a look at it as soon as I have a mood for it. For me the FM is not a must-have feature.

hi,already had try out the latest update rom...but when making calls or receiving calls, it locks and a bit hard unlock it any suggestion to fix it?...thanks for the updates...

btw great job for the updates..

Edited by je rie

Guest emilpoul

That's a pitty ,about camera i am talking :(.

Anyway . Ceco i use link2sd , and in my try to fix market i made many wiles and formats through cwm , so whem finally was working ig was response to ext3 . Kow jow i will do it ,i mean how i will restore and make everything work after wiping

After installing the latest rom (27/2) I don't have anything anymore from Google: No google play, no gmail, no possibillty to add a google account.and so on.

What should I do to get those possibilties back? How can I add (old and new) apps now???

You need flash the gapps from 1.post.

C3C0:

I think you know the answer for my question so this PJ1 kernel can boot to the CM10.1 or no?

Yesterday i was corious and i was builded one CM10.1 from Cyanogen and KonstaT-s LegaCyMod tree's of course with skate specific from you. I was unpacked your boot.img and setuped in boardconfigs that where to find the prebuild kernel which use for building.

( Actually from tilal i got building issue and yesterday im very tried to solve the problem for this. its a common issue if i remember right )

But when its done after i was flashed the zip file and im stuck on the Android Man logo, then i suprised that you released the latest PJ1 and i flashed this one. Very great work!

Original CronMod int2ext+ working great which i using for :D Really smooth & fast & stable!

So just today can i debuging the where is the real issue on the Cm10.1 but may be its kernel related.

Thank you!

Edited by fagyi

Works very well ! It does feel smoother (or maybe it's my imagination after reading about the gpu driver update), so it's really a superb rom now for the skate.

The only problem is that some heavy apps, like maps, are still a bit painful. Is the maps version for 4.2 any faster/smoother than the one for 4.1 ?

Guest marko_serb

I haven't tried the last version, but this is the best rom for skate because it's most customizable. You can set ~140dpi, 7x7 icons on homescreen/drawer, simple lockscreen, and the text is much sharper than in all the other versions. Skate really looks amazing with it :)))))

Edited by marko_serb

Guest xander21

Oh ! An update with radio few days after I flashed my phone.

- What means the "upgrade without data wipe possible" ? No cache wipe ? No dalvik cache wipe ?

- When using S2E and moved everything, what happen if SD stop working ? Will phone restart ?

- What is the best way to extend size of the ext3 partition used with S2E ?

Edited by xander21

Guest omegavesko

- What means the "upgrade without data wipe possible" ? No cache wipe ? No dalvik cache wipe ?

- When using S2E and moved everything, what happen if SD stop working ? Will phone restart ?

It won't restart, since Android itself is still on the internal storage. Moved apps just won't work.

Any partition management tool will work. I recommend gparted.

Guest xander21

I have moved Davik cache on ext3 of the SD so when I say "it will restart", I mean, will it restart well after reboot or will I have to flash again to use the phone.

Edited by xander21

Guest omegavesko
I have moved Davik cache on ext3 of the SD so when I say "it will restart", I mean, will it restart well after reboot or will I have to flash again to use the phone.

I think it should still work. Worst case scenario, you'll just have to wipe dalvik cache from recovery.

Guest apjr1

When I want to install "ADOBE AIR" I get the message it is "not compatible with this version"

What is the reason?

The ROM or the hardware?

Is it possible to have a solution for this?

Guest omegavesko
When I want to install "ADOBE AIR" I get the message it is "not compatible with this version"

What is the reason?

The ROM or the hardware?

Is it possible to have a solution for this?

Adobe Air (and apps that use it) don't work on ARMv6, I'm afraid. No way around it.

Guest Redstarr1

In what case do you think the SD will stop working? If you mean when you connect USB-storage to a pc, sd-ext uses a separate partion that will remain accessible to your phone (and inaccessible to your pc), so it will just keep on working.

If you mean the SD breaking down.. It's not like that happens on a weekly basis, never happened to me. Good that you're covering your bases, but your recovery and system partition will always be on your internal memory so unless that memory breaks, there's nothing to worry about.

Guest xander21

I have already see SD files error so i want to be aware of all problems i could meet to not waste time solving them.

When I connect phone via USB, i have acces to ext3 and i can edit with partition software.

This is a bit strange when i agree that phone is using it and this should not be possible.

Edited by xander21

Guest omegavesko
I have already see SD files error so i want to be aware of all problems i could meet to not waste time solving them.

When I connect phone via USB, i have acces to ext3 and i can edit with partition software.

This is a bit strange when i agree that phone is using it and this should not be possible.

This is normal, since it's just a partition like any other. You can't see it on Windows though, since it doesn't have native support for EXT file systems.

In fact, I'd say this is the intended behavior. The same way Nexus devices use MTP since the Galaxy Nexus, which lets you access the phone's storage without unmounting the partition on the phone's side.

Guest emilpoul

Ceco, when i make any moving action on the phone it wakes up. :D its cool that do this :D but why, i am afraid that would be battery eater.

C3CO, Is it possible to improve the autofocus please because it works but laggy ? ^^

Sorry, but no.

Ceco, when i make any moving action on the phone it wakes up. :D its cool that do this :D but why, i am afraid that would be battery eater.

???