[ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly - ParanoidAndroid 2.81/CM10 - Android 4.1.2 (03/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest FINTA96

Hi, Im using version (27/02/2013) and the internal tethering functions (wifi and USB) don't seem to work.

I tried with an external application ("Wireless Tether") and it works.

Anybody experiencing this problem?

Yes i have got the same problem with movistar. But no with vodafone

Guest xander21

I didn't change clock.

This morning i only unplug the phone after full night battery charge, kill some task with task killer and after 30 or 45 minutes it has reboot.

I have turn on GPS Status. First, app close itself so i have restart it then phone reboot.

Edited by xander21

Guest ziofunk

Yes i have got the same problem with movistar. But no with vodafone

I made some tests and the problem (WiFi tethering not working) seems to be related with ROM.

Using the same conditions (Phone, Sim=> Operator and contract) I reinstalled another ROM (2.3.7) and the teethering works properly.

With this rom (latest version) everything seems normal but the computer does not have internet connection: it connects to the phone, sais everything is fine, pings the phone ip address, but doen not ping anything else.

Any idea to find out what could be responsible of that?

As I said, the teethiring works with an external application ("Wireless Tether").

Guest ziofunk

Unfortunately USB tethering does not work either.

With USB tethering the situation is slightly worse since windows shows that the computer is identified, but has no internet access.

post-960461-0-26176600-1364075461_thumb.

With WiFi teethering it says it has internet access but it does not work

post-960461-0-03265300-1364075489_thumb.

Edited by ziofunk

Guest xander21

I think i missed something when i have flashed my phone.

I didn't change the kernel. :unsure:

Should i do it ?

How find the touchscreen version that we have ?

Is it working with 2.80 ?

Edited by xander21

Guest omegavesko
I think i missed something when i have flashed my phone.

I didn't change the kernel. :unsure:

Should i do it ?

How find the touchscreen version that we have ?

Is it working with 2.80 ?

I have see that compass change direction when i turn a bit phone on the side.

I'm not sure I understand. Is your touchscreen working fine or not?

Guest thomcd

If your touchscreen is working fine you don't need to flash the S4 kernel, this kernel is only made for SFR Staraddict devices (= French zte skate with another touchscreen than the normal zte skate).

Edit : omega beat me to it.

Edited by thomcd

Guest xander21

Thank you for the information.

I have a "French ZTE Skate" (bought on the website of a French high-tech products distributor) but it's not the SFR one. :wacko:

It's pretty messy all these versions.

Edited by xander21

Guest FINTA96

I checked right now on Ubuntu as well as on Win7. Works without problems.

How about USB tethering? Does that work?

It depends form the company that you have i've used tethering with vodafone and works perfectly but with movistar, i've got the same problem as ziofunk. You can conect to the ap, but this don't send internet to the computer

Guest FINTA96

Yes, I thought so, too. Probably operator using the same subnet which could mess up routing.

Have you got any solution for this, because in your paranoidandroid (CM9), it runs perfectly.

I suppose IP segment for tethering is probably hardcoded and is different in ICS and JB. But I am not sure. I can take a look at it to see if it could be made configurable somehow.

Guest FINTA96

I suppose IP segment for tethering is probably hardcoded and is different in ICS and JB. But I am not sure. I can take a look at it to see if it could be made configurable somehow.

Ok thank you very much. I thought that is an Android problem, becausr in rootbox it doesnt run and on slimbean and pj2

I just checked in 4.2 roms. The IP subnet for tether and DHCP range is the same as in 4.1. I already done one experiment on AOSPA - changed default 192.168. segment to 10.1. . It worked. So now I am building PJ1 with changed subnets for you to test. It will be relatively small flashable update to be flashed over your current PJ1. If tether starts working I will then make a new setting to choose from 3 different IP subnet private classes (A, B, C) in case of routing problems.

@FINTA96

So here is the flashable package to test. It will change your tether interface IP to 10.1.x as well as DHCP range for assigning IP to your PC interface.

http://ceco.sk.eu.or...tether-test.zip

1) Flash in clockworkmod, wipe cache and dalvik cache, reboot.

2) Test tethering.

You could also try traceroute as in the picture below to see how packets are travelling. Command on windows is "tracert"

post-932905-0-55080900-1364206576_thumb.

Edited by C3C0

Guest FINTA96

@FINTA96

So here is the flashable package to test. It will change your tether interface IP to 10.1.x as well as DHCP range for assigning IP to your PC interface.

http://ceco.sk.eu.or...tether-test.zip

1) Flash in clockworkmod, wipe cache and dalvik cache, reboot.

2) Test tethering.

You could also try traceroute as in the picture below to see how packets are travelling. Command on windows is "tracert"

post-932905-0-55080900-1364206576_thumb.

Thank you very much. Great job! I will try and i will post

Guest FINTA96

Ok I have tested this update, but it doesn't run perfectly. The problem is that the device hasn't got a valid IP, and the second problem is the gateway isn't good I will see your update and i will modify, for correct the error. Look if you know where is the problem.

Edited by FINTA96

What do you mean "the device doesn't have a valid IP" ? It uses IP from class A instead of class C so not much changed from the default design It is in line with general rules of networking and routing. And it works just fine for me. I suspect something's not right with your device you are trying to connect. Also it would be nice to provide some output. Like details of your networking interface after connection is established as well as some trace route. Have you tried connecting different PC/notebook? Aren't you using some kind of VPN that could be blocking other network interfaces while active?

Edited by C3C0