[cm9] A new cm9 release with minor changes and fixes

Guest parvata

Guest parvata

Since some of you have asked here is a cm9 release with the changes described below. Download link provided at the end of this message.

A factory reset may not be necessary.

A slightly older (code as of Jun 21, 2012) thepasto's liquid chocolate kernel

- Should not make that much of a difference with the latest thepasto's kernel

- May not have all the governors that are present in the latest kernel

Using JB adreno GPU libraries

- The UI is a little bit more responsive compared to ICS adreno libraries

- The memory usage seems to go a bit higher

LED notification fix

- Need to enable the Notification light and Use custom values setting in the Display settings menu

- The Missed call color should be any color other than white or black.

- The Voicemail color should be white

Camera library compiled from source (still depends on liboemcamera which is from Froyo)

- By default the default camera is used. You need to replace libcamera.so to use the compiled version. Instructions are below.

- The library in the ROM persists as /system/lib/libcamera.so.compiled

- Need to replace the /system/lib/libcamera.so with /system/lib/libcamera.so.compiled and restart the device in order to use this camera

- Features include

- Touch to focus

- zoom preview. Note that pictures taken with zoom do not match with the preview. So be aware that what you see in the preview is not what you will get in the picture. I gave up after spending several days with this issue

- With the ISO set to Auto there is a green tint in the thumbnail. The picture that is taken seems fine though. Switch to ISO 400 to work around this issue.

- The camera button works

Slight battery savings

- Some kernel driver level changes that turn off hardware when the power button is pressed

- With no phone usage battery should drain less than 1% for every hour

Trebuchet launcher

- That is developed and maintained by the cyanogenmod team

Known Issues

- Camera related that were mentioned in the above section

- You tell me if I introduced any new ones

Note that I may not have time to support you all. Let me know if you find any new issues. I will try to resolve them when I find time. Understand that development takes lot a time and effort and resources. So, please be kind and donate using the "Donate" button in my signature.

Download Link:

cm-9-zip.zip (md5sum: 350a07d570dde577a77351b68d50f42c)

Use the cm-9-20130104-UNOFFICIAL-salsa.zip (md5sum: 64f594ce629a81bfbb47a238f1473e58) inside the above zip file. The password to extract the contents of the above zip file is salsa

Please do not mirror without my permission

Edited by parvata

Guest alboz83

Thank you very much parvata, i'll try. In this rom is fixed screen wake up also? And for camera, i must compile repo (if i'm able to do it) and replace libcamera.so then?

For camcorder there are news?

Guest ccorasaaa

have you put the transitions from Honor's rom?

Seems not and i don't know what i must replace more than libdvm.so and SystemUI.apk

In my opinion you have to rename the libcamera.so.compiled to libcamera.so. I'm flashing the Honor tweaks! ;)

Pay attention: Remove the camera lib from "patch_2_fix_camera and all.zip" Honor's tweaks.

Edited by ccorasaaa

Guest alboz83

Ok in a few hours i see that the animations is not smoother (but i'm understand now that the patch "patch_2_fix_camera and all.zip" fix the animations also), the battery drain is high but i'm testing, rename libcamera.so.compiled to libcamera.so i get zoom and touch to focus. The screen wake up is a few slow but seems really that THE FLICKERING PROBLEM IS GONE. Parvata used a slightly older thepasto's liquid chocolate kernel, maybe depend from this and maybe we can understand the cause of flickering

Guest Ma7moud

Pravata, why an older kernel is include but not the latest pasto kernel?

Because of the screen flickering problem i think

I'm not using my Liquid A1 anymore but I think I'll try this rom on it :D

Thanks parvata for your work

Guest alboz83

I flashed "patch_2_fix_camera and all.zip" of Honor but after the liquid don't boot. Would be nice to have a patch for smoothness animations only

Guest parvata

Pravata, why an older kernel is include but not the latest pasto kernel?

Because of the screen flickering problem i think

I'm not using my Liquid A1 anymore but I think I'll try this rom on it :D

Thanks parvata for your work

I have tried an older version because the latest version does not go to deep sleep. I have tried to resolve this issue by reverting a whole bunch of check-ins but was not able to get the device go to deep sleep. I gave up and started to use a version which I have. Good to know that the flicker problem is not there. I have not applied the repack from honor2 so I cannot recommend you apply his patch on top of this ROM. I do not know how he created this patch. Please contact him to create a similar change for this version too.

Guest alboz83

I had 5-6 freezes with this rom..maybe for older kernel?

Edit: ok i can say that the kernel is unstable, i have many freezes. And the battery drain during the use is very high (no problem when it's in standby)

Edited by alboz83

Guest parvata

I had 5-6 freezes with this rom..maybe for older kernel?

Edit: ok i can say that the kernel is unstable, i have many freezes. And the battery drain during the use is very high (no problem when it's in standby)

can you replace the kernel with the one from cm9 original release and see if this stabilizes your device? The boot image should be easily swappable.

Guest alboz83

can you replace the kernel with the one from cm9 original release and see if this stabilizes your device? The boot image should be easily swappable.

Yes i can replace boot.img from original cm9, but can you understand the cause of flickering comparing your kernel with the original kernel of thepasto?

Guest DethWraith

I flashed "patch_2_fix_camera and all.zip" of Honor but after the liquid don't boot. Would be nice to have a patch for smoothness animations only

If you want to flash Honor's patch, you'll have to reflash the JB Adreno libraries, as Honor's patch will overwrite a couple of files which will then prevent you from booting. Reflashing the JB Adreno libs fixes it.

Guest parvata

the screen got crazy, it will touch by itself, how can fix it?

Which Liquid is it and have you overclocked the device? I have been using this on Liquid E and have never seen any fake touch events.

Guest FunYeg

Which Liquid is it and have you overclocked the device? I have been using this on Liquid E and have never seen any fake touch events.

Liquid E

both overclocked and no overclock have this issue.

I just flashed the 20130104.zip

Liquid E

Liquid E

might be related to the liquid part app, change the sentivity to ~60 then it will stop :)

Guest arttree

i flashed your new CM9 release. Everything work fine except video recording very laggy i guess 3~5 fps), USB mass storage connection, USB & wireless tethering NOT working. On CM7.2 don't have these issues.

anyone have this issue? please share your solution here, thank you.