• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Petition against Intel Corporation for unlocking boot-loaders and jelly bean update

40 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

http://www.scribd.com/doc/77089382/Medfield-BSP-SOP-Tom-v1-0

interesting also has a asus email on it

I no he works at asus and he gave me the tool but I don't no how to use it and that's why iv only gave to flibs as I don't what people killing there phones

Posted · Report post

hi,

i found this on XDA, it may help us to have CWM on the san diego. Even if i think the binaries from CMW are not fully runnable on x86.

We have to edit the step3.sh to map our partitions and the chargemon script to be able to boot CWM, and take charger binary from san diego.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2020897

My 2 cents

Posted · Report post

hi,

i found this on XDA, it may help us to have CWM on the san diego. Even if i think the binaries from CMW are not fully runnable on x86.

We have to edit the step3.sh to map our partitions and the chargemon script to be able to boot CWM, and take charger binary from san diego.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2020897

My 2 cents

also recovery.tar

Posted · Report post

There was some news at CES from Intel about their phone platforms. Intel announced the Z2420 based Lexington platform, it appears to be a cheaper lower-performance version of the Z2460 based Medfield platform.

Lava are one of the companies that will be using Lexington. As they are almost the same platform I can't see why Intel, or Lava for that matter, would stop supporting Medfield, at least not until the Medfield replacement Merrifield is ready. Most of the effort to support Lexington would be shared with supporting Medfield.

Anyway it's not an announcement of ongoing support but I would be surprised if 4.0 really is the end of the line.

Posted · Report post

There was some news at CES from Intel about their phone platforms. Intel announced the Z2420 based Lexington platform, it appears to be a cheaper lower-performance version of the Z2460 based Medfield platform.

Lava are one of the companies that will be using Lexington. As they are almost the same platform I can't see why Intel, or Lava for that matter, would stop supporting Medfield, at least not until the Medfield replacement Merrifield is ready. Most of the effort to support Lexington would be shared with supporting Medfield.

Anyway it's not an announcement of ongoing support but I would be surprised if 4.0 really is the end of the line.

exactly... and not only that Intel Developer Site also has Jelly Bean Emulator Image for Developers... so sooner or later I am still optimistic that Medfield and (Xolo / SD) will get a Jelly Bean update soon

Posted · Report post

when checking there servers I anit seeing no new builds but that mite be that now we can access it and now moved it to a new server

Posted · Report post

when checking there servers I anit seeing no new builds but that mite be that now we can access it and now moved it to a new server

I expect they've done that.

Posted · Report post

its a exe called download-tool it works on windows and there is a program for linux too

and it has the source code too

xfstk.zip

xFSTK-1.0.4a.zip

can u release this? I really want to flash custom kernel on XOLO, haha

Posted · Report post

I no he works at asus and he gave me the tool but I don't no how to use it and that's why iv only gave to flibs as I don't what people killing there phones

OK, this is a Chinese document, which is really good for me ^_^

Posted · Report post

can u release this? I really want to flash custom kernel on XOLO, haha

I can but if you brick your phone you do it at your own risk pm me and ill send link

Posted · Report post

As long as you absolutely leave the stock recovery app in place then you may be able to recover from a non-booting kernel. But don't flash everything at once. I did that. It's not good.

Posted · Report post

you can't flash droidboot ifwi dnx flash worng ones and you'll have a nice paper Wight

Posted · Report post

so any new news on jellybean status for our device?

Posted · Report post

so any new news on jellybean status for our device?

I'm pretty sure you'd know about it on here if we got JB. :)

Posted · Report post

Hmm, not had a look at the petition since signing it, pretty poor turnout. :(