Modaco.. I need your assistance

Guest Jetpac

Guest Jetpac

I need a new handset.

Now i have some requirements which are more than likely massively unrealistic.. but ya know atleast im a little flexible.

Currently running an LG 2X and its getting on my nerves (random reboots and laggy etc regardless of rom)

I want:

a capable and 'snappy' phone

Running android 4 (ideally JB, but you cant have it all)

Screen as good or better than the LG 2x

Root is a must

Custom roms are a big bonus or atleast a stock android experience (i have stuck a new rom on every android device i have owned since the original G1)

Unlocked or unlockable cheaply to the 3 network.

HSPA+ would be wonderful but again i think this is doubtful

Budget:

£100 ish ideally (i know im asking a lot here).. but could stretch to £150 if it is worth while and a bit more future proof

2nd hand is acceptable (ave price of course)

Usage:

I would say medium usage, i use my phone for satnav frequently and in class with the camera to do various bits and pieces with an interactive whiteboard

Not a great deal of gaming (just when bored)

Would want it to last me a good year+

I have seen the g300 on offer for £100 or cheaper 2nd hand but unsure how well this would fit my needs etc and how it stacks up in comparisson.

Any help would be amazing!

Guest razzmataz1478

The Xperia U is nice and cheap right now. Not got a very good camera but it'll do.

Unfortunately it won't be getting JB, but there are plenty of custom ROMs (ICS) over at xda.

Guest Jetpac

The Xperia U is nice and cheap right now. Not got a very good camera but it'll do.

Unfortunately it won't be getting JB, but there are plenty of custom ROMs (ICS) over at xda.

Looks good apart from it may be a little bit on the small size for my thumbs which might be a bit of an issue.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kaizoku_san

Why don't you go for the g300, it's got good spec, and good community with lots of custom roms. Depending on how many apps u install, it can be 'snappy'.