Rooting for beginners - gone

Guest wizard.no.84

Guest wizard.no.84

Hi guys! I need a bit of help. I want to help to one of my friends to root his Skate, and install CWM.. but the first topic in "Rooting for the beginners" is gone, so there is no tut..

so, can anyone please give me some links to adb, superboot and ctr. and in couple of steps write a tutorial?

Tnx

Guest wizard.no.84

i dont know yet.. i just want to put him root and recovery..

i saw the TPT, but, dont you need root for that?

Edited by wizard.no.84

Guest omegavesko

i dont know yet.. i just want to put him root and recovery..

i saw the TPT, but, dont you need root for that?

Nope, you can flash a TPT without root. It's the easiest way, just flash a custom TPT and then install a ROM using the built-in CWM.

Guest Redstarr1

Maybe it's because Wacky.ddw has been inactive for a very long time. But it's just the first post that's been removed, not his others. I asked the same question in that thread as well. There aren't a lot of new users but without that thread it can be quite hard to find everything...

Should remake it perhaps.. Of course the easiest way for new users is to flash a TPT, but for the sake of keeping your own backup, I'd just flash a custom recovery, for example Razz's CWM 6.0.2.7 with fastboot and then make a nandroid backup. In the custom recovery you could flash a custom kernel to have root access (there's not much choice for GB besides C3C0's S-kernels :P, and there might be other ways to root but that's the only way for unlocked bootloaders on my Sony :P). I was really happy I had that nandroid backup when I first started flashing and had to send it in later. If I want to restore to stock I just flash my own nandroid and after that the stock recovery.

But I used a script that installed CWM, would Razz's recovery just flash on a 100% stock device, or is there some exploit necessary to unlock the bootloader? I've been flashing on my Xperia S mostly the last months, so I have that bootloader thing stuck in my head. I couldn't fastboot on my Sony without unlocking the bootloader, did that script I ran the first time do that for me? Probably best to use Paul's CWM 4.0.1.4 first, Razz's later CWM is nice but more for power users :).

Guest wizard.no.84

all in one not working for some reason... :excl:

could i use Create your own TPT?

edit: Create TPT finished with error

no luck there ..

Edited by wizard.no.84

Guest razzmataz1478

Maybe it's because Wacky.ddw has been inactive for a very long time. But it's just the first post that's been removed, not his others. I asked the same question in that thread as well. There aren't a lot of new users but without that thread it can be quite hard to find everything...

Should remake it perhaps.. Of course the easiest way for new users is to flash a TPT, but for the sake of keeping your own backup, I'd just flash a custom recovery, for example Razz's CWM 6.0.2.7 with fastboot and then make a nandroid backup. In the custom recovery you could flash a custom kernel to have root access (there's not much choice for GB besides C3C0's S-kernels :P, and there might be other ways to root but that's the only way for unlocked bootloaders on my Sony :P). I was really happy I had that nandroid backup when I first started flashing and had to send it in later. If I want to restore to stock I just flash my own nandroid and after that the stock recovery.

But I used a script that installed CWM, would Razz's recovery just flash on a 100% stock device, or is there some exploit necessary to unlock the bootloader? I've been flashing on my Xperia S mostly the last months, so I have that bootloader thing stuck in my head. I couldn't fastboot on my Sony without unlocking the bootloader, did that script I ran the first time do that for me? Probably best to use Paul's CWM 4.0.1.4 first, Razz's later CWM is nice but more for power users :).

The Skate's bootloader was never locked.

Guest omegavesko

all in one not working for some reason... :excl:

could i use Create your own TPT?

edit: Create TPT finished with error

no luck there ..

You don't necessarily need to use TPT helper if you're picking All in One anyway.

Just download one of these: