[ROM][JB] CM10 by Joestone

Guest mattia107

This ROM ia dangerously fast - OC @1152 MHz. smartassV2 and ondemand gave AnTuTu score of 4445! I've never seen score this high on G300.post-869411-0-83355600-1360843189_thumb.post-869411-0-65576400-1360843201_thumb.

which rom are you referring to?

Guest vladax10

He's not working for the good of the device's user base ;)

there is some advantages in his rom like much better scrolling and less use of ram(in 4.2.1 after a day or two i must reboot because of slowdowns caused(i think)by lack of ram),but he has some bugs you have fixed a long time ago...so the best for us would be if you guys can mix it together...but.............

Guest bladebuddy
You're meant to exclude SD Cards in benchmarks otherwise it distorts the score.

But if you read the sd card scores on the two posts above Cyders you would see they are higher then his. So this rules out sd card scores.

Guest Gabriel94

I get 3316 on CM10.1 but I bet something is wrong with my phone, I have a 16 GB SD Card and a lot of apps, like 4 pages in the app drawer.

Edited by Gabriel94

Guest sashko69

But if you read the sd card scores on the two posts above Cyders you would see they are higher then his. So this rules out sd card scores.

Exactly, mine scored more in SD card test but the overal is way down Cyda's. It has to be something in Performance section of setting, but what exactly?

Guest razzmataz1478

Exactly, mine scored more in SD card test but the overal is way down Cyda's. It has to be something in Performance section of setting, but what exactly?

Just warning. In this case it was fine, but other times it may not be a fair reflection.

This benchmarks and their results mean nothing to me ... Real feel is the only thing that you can rely on...

I couldn't agree more; in fact this was done on CM10 which at the time felt a bit sluggish to me compared to CM9. Benchmarks mean nothing. I only posted this because sashko69 said that 4445 was the highest he'd seen on this phone.

Whilst also meaning nothing but on a related note; the highest I can get in CM10.1 is 4627 (the OC doesn't go as high) but regardless of scores CM10.1 is smooth as hell for me, certainly smoother than the CM10 install that the higher benchmark above was from.

post-923750-0-56868100-1360885235_thumb.

Regarding wifi freezing and mass storage:

a good thing for this latest Joestone build is that you dont have to have a wifi reboot.

Only for the first time you switch it on.

Then you leave it on for good - because it has no influence on battery consumption - at all!

The same goes for gps and data switch, too.

Nice to see a CM rom with good battery manners. :)

MTP is used for mass storage.

It works on win7 just fine. :)

Edited by dakok

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dakok

Forgetting about Joestone?

Diligent guy brings you another CM10 release:

cm-10-20130303-UNOFFICIAL-G300

Changes / changelog:

. Updated cm source / Refresh cm sources

- Looks wifi restart fault remedying / It Seems Wifi restart bug fixed.

- Internal storage space in the main / internal sd is the primary

- External sd is allowed for the PEN Drive Mode / On external sd Mass Storage mode is enabled.

- Wifi mac address is generated for serial number / Wifi mac serial number is generated from.

http://search.4shared.com/postDownload/9omTvtNc/cm-10-20130303-UNOFFICIAL-G300.html
Here's a version in which the primary one is the external sd:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/9tq_o26W/cm-10-20130303-EXT-UNOFFICIAL-.html?[/code]

After flashing maybe 20-30 roms, first time that I have a problem with internal storage:

EDIT:

No problem, used root explorer and discovered 2GB of hidden s***.

Edited by dakok

This is a very good rom, everything seems to work except that I have to try several times to mount it in Linux, same as Dazzozo's. Before this I had Stock+ which is also excellent and had no problem mounting it.

Guest y4ss1n

This is a very good rom, everything seems to work except that I have to try several times to mount it in Linux, same as Dazzozo's. Before this I had Stock+ which is also excellent and had no problem mounting it.

hows battery and lag?

Didn't notice any lag (I'm not picky like others either ;-) and the battery is excellent meaning that as opposed to other roms I've tried, if the phone is asleep no battery drainage whatsoever with wi-fi data and gps on. Otherwise normal consumption mostly wi-fi. If I were to compare it to Dazzozo's R5 which I used I'd say the battery makes the only difference. Camera is also good and fast.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest y4ss1n

I tried the latest joestone CM10, but my mobile network doesnt work? the rom detects and sets my APN correctly, but wont connect.

any ideas?

Edited by y4ss1n