[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

Sorry for the wait people. R4 is taking long as I haven't really made that many changes, and also I am relaxing a little :P

I was hoping to add an extended reboot mode and lightning ROM settings, but I don't have enough experience to do so. If someone knows how, they could give me instructions, or I could upload R4 beta and let them add it themselves. As I said before, I have experience with smali/baksmali and i'm good with instructions, so I should be able to get it done asap if I have that info.

Guest blademaster123

Im just getting to know how to make a bootanimation, i have some spare time today so will start it but will probably finish by friday and saturday :P

by the way does the bootanimation need to be 800x480 or 480x800

Edited by blademaster123

Sorry for the wait people. R4 is taking long as I haven't really made that many changes, and also I am relaxing a little :P

I was hoping to add an extended reboot mode and lightning ROM settings, but I don't have enough experience to do so. If someone knows how, they could give me instructions, or I could upload R4 beta and let them add it themselves. As I said before, I have experience with smali/baksmali and i'm good with instructions, so I should be able to get it done asap if I have that info.

Take your time. :)

Is better take more time but make a fantastic ROM instead of release fast and with errors. :D

Im just getting to know how to make a bootanimation, i have some spare time today so will start it but will probably finish by friday and saturday tongue.png

by the way does the bootanimation need to be 800x480 or 480x800

Try both, the editor will be in portrait if it is correct. I think its 800x480.

Guest blademaster123

in boot animation factory on choose folder, i chose bootanimation which contains 2 other folders part0 and part1, but it just gives me an X so i cant get past

in boot animation factory on choose folder, i chose bootanimation which contains 2 other folders part0 and part1, but it just gives me an X so i cant get past

Are there any images inside the folders? You need to make the images first, and then use boot animation factory to stitch them together. You can make the images in GIMP, Photoshop, Paint.net etc.

Guest blademaster123

Oooh, lol thanks by the way my idea is clouds moving in the background lightning ROM fades in and lightning strikes through it or lightning sparks across and lightning ROM text follows a bit far fetched for a noon but still I think it would look what about yoy

Sorry for the wait people. R4 is taking long as I haven't really made that many changes, and also I am relaxing a little tongue.png

patience lol, i will have a guide up for you soon ;)

Guest PCTechRoss

Are there any images inside the folders? You need to make the images first, and then use boot animation factory to stitch them together. You can make the images in GIMP, Photoshop, Paint.net etc.

Kyan if i do a CWM backup and change ROM's, if i install a new ROM and then restore the back up will it add me apps back and the lightning rom?

Kyan if i do a CWM backup and change ROM's, if i install a new ROM and then restore the back up will it add me apps back and the lightning rom?

The backup will completely restore the phone at the exact state as the previous backup. I dunno if that helps :lol:

Edited by kyan31

Guest PCTechRoss

Oh wow 0.o that's awesome :D

Send it to me now :P

Can you set these as default wallpapers in R4 like once fresh installed you see that wallpaper instead on Huaweis water drop one?

Can you set these as default wallpapers in R4 like once fresh installed you see that wallpaper instead on Huaweis water drop one?

Yeah sure, I would be happy to include it in lightning ROM. If you could make more, that would be awesome.

Guest ivan.arandjelovic

@kyan31 Thanks for the ROM man, for some reason it seems so much faster and lighter than other roms, not sure why :) (probably because I tried CM 10 before this one).

I just hope it will stop my "3G reboor" issues ..but let's see

@kyan31 Thanks for the ROM man, for some reason it seems so much faster and lighter than other roms, not sure why smile.png (probably because I tried CM 10 before this one).

I just hope it will stop my "3G reboor" issues ..but let's see

Your welcome :)

If you do get reboot problems, visit Tillaz's RIL thread.

Guest blademaster123

I have made 1 boot animation (not the actual zip just a video which i will split into images so i can actually make the animation later on using boot animation factory) here the link to what it looks like it is only a test kind of thing so users of the ROM please tell me on how i could improve and you too Kyan ;p. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7_BMGJguGo&feature=youtu.be still uploading i think but still check.

Edited by blademaster123

Guest PCTechRoss

I have made 1 boot animation (not the actual zip just a video which i will split into images so i can actually make the animation later on using boot animation factory) here the link to what it looks like it is only a test kind of thing so users of the ROM please tell me on how i could improve and you too Kyan ;p. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7_BMGJguGo&feature=youtu.be still uploading i think but still check.

Im sorry, I don't like it

Make it yellow or blue

use the logo (but smaller)

don't include Kyan's

well, i have to say a quick note: Don't get distracted with the boot animation... :P

Is far more important the ROM itself that a image that is only notice for a few seconds...

Guest ivan.arandjelovic

Your welcome :)

If you do get reboot problems, visit Tillaz's RIL thread.

Nah ... already tried most of RIL's with Stock+, but no luck, reboots with each of them. Will give them a chance again, of course, if it happens with Lightning.

Oooh, lol thanks by the way my idea is clouds moving in the background lightning ROM fades in and lightning strikes through it or lightning sparks across and lightning ROM text follows a bit far fetched for a noon but still I think it would look what about yoy

Kinda like the HTC Thunderbolt/Verizon boot animation?

Im sorry, I don't like it

Make it yellow or blue

use the logo (but smaller)

don't include Kyan's

The effect is really cool, but I don't like the colour. Maybe you could have the exact same text effect, but blue or yellow. You could also have the lightning ROM logo somewhere on the animation. I do appreciate the effort though :)