[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

BUGS:

Caller ID lagg is an issue in this rom, random intervals.

There isn't a lot I can do about it. All B952 ROMs suffer from caller-ID lag, and no one has successfully fixed it. However, some users using this ROM do not have caller-ID problems, so I guess its just a matter of luck.

R4 uploaded :)

DOWNLOAD

Changelog:

• Link2Int is FINALLY WORKING
  • SuperSU built in
  • Apollo Music
  • CM File manager
  • CM Modified Calculator
  • CM Browser
  • CM Torch
  • JB Style Search Widget
  • Trebuchet Launcher
  • CM APN List (Now all network APN's are built in)
  • BusyBox
  • Removed HwLauncher themes
  • Removed built in Email app, flashable zip will be available in the addons
  • Removed Hw sound recorder, same as above
  • Removed Hw radio, same as above
  • Removed Voice Dialer, same as above
  • Removed News and Weather, same as above
  • Removed adrenaline engine, relaced with Supremacy Trilogy script
  • Updated OTA apk to 1.0.5 and changed icon
  • JB 4.2.1 fonts
  • More icon changes (low battery icon)
  • Stripped junk files from Framework-res and System-UI (mainly ldpi and mdpi files)
  • SD card set as default (at least for me, i'm not sure how it will work for others)
  • Other stuff I cant remember :P

Huge thanks to Cyda for enabling Link2Int compatibility, Root at boot, and busybox. +1 the thread if you haven't already, or rate the thread 5 stars :)

More addons are available, just let me update the OP.

Edited by kyan31

Guest VoltresS

wow, seems like you've done a great work dude, I'm changing back to you rom and I am sure it will be for a while. Currently with cm 10.1 but its not for daily use for me.

Downloading and testing it right away.

Just one question, did you already included the restart extended options?

Just one thing I do not like, the apollo music player I'd rather install another but I think I just can remove it :)

Once more great work you've been doing coming back with more accurate thoughts ;)

Greetings

wow, seems like you've done a great work dude, I'm changing back to you rom and I am sure it will be for a while. Currently with cm 10.1 but its not for daily use for me.

Downloading and testing it right away.

Just one question, did you already included the restart extended options?

Just one thing I do not like, the apollo music player I'd rather install another but I think I just can remove it smile.png

Once more great work you've been doing coming back with more accurate thoughts wink.png

Greetings

You can use this flashable zip to remove Apollo

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/9a31bf2739/

If someone would like to mirror R4, it would be great as some people can't download from Solidfiles. Thanks in advance.

Edited by kyan31

Guest motionat

Hi kyan31, I love your roms. They are very good and perfect for daily use. Though one thing I would like to know is how to replace beats with dsp Manager.

Other than that, keep up the great work!!

Hi kyan31, I love your roms. They are very good and perfect for daily use. Though one thing I would like to know is how to replace beats with dsp Manager.

Other than that, keep up the great work!!

I can't find any threads which show you how to install the DSP Manager, but Awesome Beats is a modified version of DSP, so you already have it.

Guest VoltresS

Ok, been using R4 for a while and here comes my thoughts about it.

Looks like your best ROM so far. Really smooth, responsive and total bug free so far. the only thing so far is the memory keep returning to internal after reboot, and I don't really understand much about cyda link2sd after install the mod :P.

Other than that, just some aesthetic options to consider and some opinions to future releases. They are:

- I don't really like the bootanimation :P could you supply the original huawei bootanimation in the add ons?

- Still missing the extended restart menu, although it is not really a big deal;

- The lightning ROM options like cpu speed wich toggles to chose, etc.

- I don't really like the camera app too, can you arrange another like the one from cm10.1 or I don't really remember if the stock huawei was good, but still with the more resolution tweak?

Well, here are my thought, other than that you are really near perfection my friend, can't see you ROM gething much better in stability and functionality :P

P.S: can't we just "erase" the internal 2gb memory for the g300, i mean just shut it down for the phone working and use it just like a pen for some files for the ones in trouble with that like me i think it was a good solution if it is possible, because i really don't mind.

Edited by VoltresS

Boot logo does need more colours

Yeah, I agree. I'm not a whizz-kid at designing etc. so I can't make good looking bootanimations :lol:

Would you be willing to make a boot animation? It would be greatly appreciated :)

Ok, been using R4 for a while and here comes my thoughts about it.

Looks like your best ROM so far. Really smooth, responsive and total bug free so far. the only thing so far is the memory keep returning to internal after reboot, and I don't really understand much about cyda link2sd after install the mod :P.

Other than that, just some aesthetic options to consider and some opinions to future releases. They are:

- I don't really like the bootanimation :P could you supply the original huawei bootanimation in the add ons?

- Still missing the extended restart menu, although it is not really a big deal;

- The lightning ROM options like cpu speed wich toggles to chose, etc.

- I don't really like the camera app too, can you arrange another like the one from cm10.1 or I don't really remember if the stock huawei was good, but still with the more resolution tweak?

Well, here are my thought, other than that you are really near perfection my friend, can't see you ROM gething much better in stability and functionality :P

P.S: can't we just "erase" the internal 2gb memory for the g300, i mean just shut it down for the phone working and use it just like a pen for some files for the ones in trouble with that like me i think it was a good solution if it is possible, because i really don't mind.

Thanks for the feedback. I will see if I can make any of these possible, no promises though.

Guest VoltresS

Thanks for the feedback. I will see if I can make any of these possible, no promises though.

Can't ask for more :)

Final thoughts about the rom. It's the best ROM for gaming so far, I a really tried almost everyone here in modaco, probably the best in web navigation and video too.

and now the only to bugs that I've found using nova launcher, the calendar widget doesn't load and the control system widget doesn't show the icons. So is it normal for using Nova launcher?

I’m running Nova on R3. I've just had a quick play and for me the ‘Calendar’ widget works, however, the ‘My Calendar’ widget doesn't.

The 'my calendar' widget is a Huawei widget, so it probably won't work on 3rd party launchers. I will remove it in the next version as it is a waste of space.

@Everyone, do you get FC's in the settings of trebuchet?

Very nice Room.

Where is the file Sounds of keys, like changed by another. Otherwise all good :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what you mean :P

Are you referring to the keyboard sounds?

Can you overclock the CPU on this ROM? I can't find any options to do it. Otherwise its a great ROM!

Oh yeah, my storage keeps reverting to Internal unfortunately too.

Edited by Guest

how does this rom compare with other roms, I'm using badui but has slight keyboard/contacts lag but battery is great.

how is the battery on this one?

i know there's also slim rom and also cm10.1 which has few issues. has anyone tried all these and would comment whether this one is any better.

Can you overclock the CPU on this ROM? I can't find any options to do it. Otherwise its a great ROM!

Oh yeah, my storage keeps reverting to Internal unfortunately too.

You need to download an overclocking app, such as no frills CPU.