[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

Guest george109

The ROM settings apk is for changing the order of the toggles

:blush: oops!

i'm gonna decompile it now and take a look inside, maybe I can get it working on CM.

Anyway what do you use to decompile APKs? Do you use APKtool or something else?

Edited by george109

Guest kyan31

blush.png oops!

Anyway what do you use to decompile APKs? Do you use APKtool or something else?

APK manager, the one tillaz uses. It seems to work the best for me too as i'm on windows (unfortunately) :P

Guest george109

It could be worse. You could have Windows 8 like me :P Also, did you make the pictures in your signature as they look really cool!

Edited by george109

Guest kyan31

It could be worse. You could have Windows 8 like me tongue.png Also, did you make the pictures in your signature as they look really cool!

Ouch, windows 8 is like, 'anti-developer' dude :P

Guest george109

Ouch, windows 8 is like, 'anti-developer' dude :P

My guess that Microsoft have shot the messenger by getting rid of windows messenger, as they got bored of playing shoot the developer with windows 8!

They should use this as an advert, but I think it is a bit too truthful! :P

Also, getting back on topic with the data speed, do you think you can implement it?

Edited by george109

Guest kyan31

My guess that Microsoft have shot the messenger by getting rid of windows messenger, as they got bored of playing shoot the developer with windows 8!

They should use this as an advert, but I think it is a bit too truthful! tongue.png

Also, getting back on topic with the data speed, do you think you can implement it?

Lol :P

Nah, I can't even see what files inside the systemUI would relate to it, I looked in all the xml's in the values, and xml folders. I have to get that DPI thing sorted now, so I will hold off on the data usage. Maybe you would want to take a look, just see if you can find anything that might have something to do with the mod. If so, i'll take a look too.

Guest george109

Nah, I can't even see what files inside the systemUI would relate to it, I looked in all the xml's in the values, and xml folders. I have to get that DPI thing sorted now, so I will hold off on the data usage. Maybe you would want to take a look, just see if you can find anything that might have something to do with the mod. If so, i'll take a look too.

I have :D , (following this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1989533 )

All these xmls mean nothing to me :P

mind if I have a look at your electra systemUI to compare? or is it the same as the CM10?

Also, mind if I decompile Lightning to have a look around?

Guest george109

Just had a look through the XMLs, but it means nothing to me, I can infer some things like com.android. is an app and the permissions that it needs, but I'm better at python, not XML unfortunately.

Also, please can you explain what: and

<activity android:name=".PowerWidgetMainActivity">

<intent-filter>

<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>

and

<PreferenceCategory android:title="@string/title_stat">

<PreferenceScreen android:title="@string/pow_widget" android:summary="@string/power_summary">

<intent android:targetPackage="com.lidroid.quickpanel" android:action="android.intent.action.MAIN"android:targetClass="com.lidroid.quickpanel.PowerWidgetMainActivity"/>

means?

Edited by george109

Guest kyan31

Just had a look through the XMLs, but it means nothing to me, I can infer some things like com.android. is an app and the permissions that it needs, but I'm better at python, not XML unfortunately.

Also, please can you explain what:

<activity android:name=".PowerWidgetMainActivity">

<intent-filter>

<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>[/indent][/indent]

means?

The activity is the process that launches the app, for example trebuchet's activity is android.cyanogenmod.trebuhchet. I think the intent is kinda like a permission :unsure:, maybe i'm wrong. I know that there is a VIEW intent and MAIN. P.s the Electra systemUI will be similar to CM10, obviously not exactly the same as I have modified it. I don't see why you would need the lightning one too, as the mod works with lightning anyway :ph34r:

Guest george109

The activity is the process that launches the app, for example trebuchet's activity is android.cyanogenmod.trebuhchet. I think the intent is kinda like a permission :unsure:, maybe i'm wrong. I know that there is a VIEW intent and MAIN. P.s the Electra systemUI will be similar to CM10, obviously not exactly the same as I have modified it. I don't see why you would need the lightning one too, as the mod works with lightning anyway :ph34r:

Sorry, I meant Electra :P

Don't know what I was thinking when I wrote lightning! :wacko:

Edited by george109

Guest Arūnas

It's a problem with the stock rom, try changing some build.prop settings and see what happens. Theres not much I can do about it.

Yes, I've also noticed, it seems a little bit lower than original.

Guest kyan31

Sorry, I meant Electra :P

Don't know what I was thinking when I wrote lightning!

:wacko:

No sorry, I'm not going to let anyone 'take a look' inside until its actually out, and even then I wouldn't really want people taking a look. Some guy on Anzhi tried to steal lightning ROM, but luckily I got in contact with one of the members and managed to get a new thread opened, with my name of course.

I'm not insinuating that you would steal it though, please don't get the wrong idea as you seem like a nice person :P

Guest kyan31

just wanted to know how far off are you from releasing it?

Why do you need to know? What difference does it make anyway? You ask this question all the time yaqh, you seriously need to know how to respect people on the forum, and you really need to learn some manners.

Why do you need to know? What difference does it make anyway? You ask this question all the time yaqh, you seriously need to know how to respect people on the forum, and you really need to learn some manners.

I am asking a simple question, whats that got to do respect and manners?

Guest blademaster123

a rule here is not to ask for ETA's, so you could say that is a basic manner here, also devs ask the same thing, no ETA's, so asking for one is like disrespecting them, or at least that's what I think Kyan is getting at

Guest kyan31

It's disrespectful as you have already asked the question many times, and I told you the same thing. Actually many people have asked, and I have told them all the same thing. You just like to bug people, but it's not gonna work on me mate.

Guest blademaster123

i have a work around for this ;) (pie always on, but not active, without showing the soft buttons)

let me know if you haven't already done it and i will post instructions

not sure if you will get what i mean from that so will explain

so, what i would do is... (if nav buttons "need" to be on for pie to work)

add that line to the build.prop and leave it there so the nav buttons are always enabled

mod the framweork / systemUI so the nav bar size =0 (makes it invisible)

now you can just leave pie turned on all the time, and toggle it via expanded desktop, without the nav buttons been in the way ?

Could you edit the nav bar from there as well?change the colour to blue or whatever colour? Or edit the icons?

Edited by blademaster123

Guest kyan31

Could you edit the nav bar from there as well?change the colour to blue or whatever colour? Or edit the icons?

You can edit the navbar icons and colours by editing the icons in the systemUI, and changing some xmls.

Actually it's probably the framework-res, systemUI usually only associates with the statusbar.

Edited by kyan31

Guest blademaster123

OK, I remember you telling me that you wanted customisable soft keys, so could you put some settings in electra to change the framework res to make the nav bar a predetermined colour, for example you click on nav bar (in Electra settings) then choose your colour, it then modifies your framework res to make the Navy bar yellow. Or is that too complicated?