[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

(I can confirm battery life is fine. I can kill mine after a few hours non-stop playing a processor-hungry game, but otherwise the phone lasts absolutely ages with no perceptible battery drain on standby.

Kyan - how does the OTA update process work with your apps being stored on the internal SD card through Link2Int? Will everything still be there, or will I have to reinstall Link2Int (or will I have to reinstall all my apps?)

(I can confirm battery life is fine. I can kill mine after a few hours non-stop playing a processor-hungry game, but otherwise the phone lasts absolutely ages with no perceptible battery drain on standby.

Kyan - how does the OTA update process work with your apps being stored on the internal SD card through Link2Int? Will everything still be there, or will I have to reinstall Link2Int (or will I have to reinstall all my apps?)

The update doesn't wipe anything, so your apps should be fine.

Guest mr_mufy

The update doesn't wipe anything, so your apps should be fine.

KYan a strange isue here.

I really can't use the link2sd!!!!

give the same error.

Does any one has this problem?

Guest PCTechRoss

DONE!

DOWNLOAD

Changelog:

• Init.d now enabled
  • Superuser enabled by default
  • New icons throughout
  • Smoothness tweak added
  • CM9 Keyboard added
  • New Lightning ROM wallpapers by PcTechRoss
  • New build.prop tweaks
  • New notification toggles (Samsung Style)
  • Fixed storage *fingers crossed*
  • New boot animation
  • Other small changes

If you like Lightning ROM 3.5, Please +1 the thread if you haven't already, or you can rate the thread at the top of the page. Thanks :)

If the OTA update doesn't work, please tell me ASAP, and if you hate the new boot animation, please tell me :P

P.s If the smoothness tweak works well for you, great! If it doesn't, use the 'smoothness tweak remover' in the addons section. Thanks.

Can you add some new screens on the 1st page :)

Could you please add a screenshot with the new notification toggles ? I really want to see this :)

Thank you

Look a few posts back, I think I uploaded some images of the new toggles. I will upload new screenshots shortly.

Kyan, I've installed this via OTA and I've lost all my apps that were installed on the 2GB internal SD card using Link2Int. So far, I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Link2Int, but Link2SD is still saying it hasn't found a second partition.

What procedure did you follow to get your second partition mounted again via Link2Int?

Kyan, I've installed this via OTA and I've lost all my apps that were installed on the 2GB internal SD card using Link2Int. So far, I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Link2Int, but Link2SD is still saying it hasn't found a second partition.

What procedure did you follow to get your second partition mounted again via Link2Int?

I don't use Link2Int so I didn't follow any procedure :o

I probably should of told you to do a backup before you upgraded. Please tell me you did one :mellow:

No: I haven't made a backup as my version of CWM doesn't backup the internal SD card, which is where my apps are stored. For me, it means a long boring job, but no real harm done as I am only using this phone as a toy. But you said you were using Link2Int in Cyda's thread, so in contrast to what you've written in post #703 above, I'd recommend you warn any Link2SD users not to try to update this ROM over the top of an earlier installation of Lightning. (It will just end up with a mess: the install process will put everything on your internal 2gb card which is where Link2SD has already installed the apps.)

Before I go for a full wipe and fresh install, I'm going to have a go at getting Link2Int working again. I'll let you know if there's a way round it.

No: I haven't made a backup as my version of CWM doesn't backup the internal SD card, which is where my apps are stored. For me, it means a long boring job, but no real harm done as I am only using this phone as a toy. But you said you were using Link2Int in Cyda's thread, so in contrast to what you've written in post #703 above, I'd recommend you warn any Link2SD users not to try to update this ROM over the top of an earlier installation of Lightning. (It will just end up with a mess: the install process will put everything on your internal 2gb card which is where Link2SD has already installed the apps.)

Before I go for a full wipe and fresh install, I'm going to have a go at getting Link2Int working again. I'll let you know if there's a way round it.

Ok, I will add a disclaimer on the OP.

Ps. I'm really sorry about your app loss, I should of confirmed it before I gave you the information :(

No worries - it's a good job it was me that found out. If it happened to someone who had all their important stuff on the phone, that would have been a nightmare!

Two questions for you Kyan: 1. are you 100% certain that init.d support has been successfully enabled in this new version? I.e. have you actually tested it? 2. Did you ever get Link2Int working on the Lightning ROM?

(The reason I ask is as follows: I'm once again failing to install Link2Int. If you remember, last time, the solution appeared to be using PimpMyRom to install init.d support. This time, that's not an option because PimpMyRom isn't working - it just says that I need to install BusyBox, which I already have done several times. So if I know that init.d is definitely enabled, and that Link2Int can definitely run on Lightning, then I'll just bite the bullet and go for a clean wipe.)

Two questions for you Kyan: 1. are you 100% certain that init.d support has been successfully enabled in this new version? I.e. have you actually tested it? 2. Did you ever get Link2Int working on the Lightning ROM?

(The reason I ask is as follows: I'm once again failing to install Link2Int. If you remember, last time, the solution appeared to be using PimpMyRom to install init.d support. This time, that's not an option because PimpMyRom isn't working - it just says that I need to install BusyBox, which I already have done several times. So if I know that init.d is definitely enabled, and that Link2Int can definitely run on Lightning, then I'll just bite the bullet and go for a clean wipe.)

To be honest, I haven't really had the time to test all of the features etc. but I have previously installed Link2int on the previous versions. I'm gonna try to install Link2int now and see what the problem is. Ps. I updated the OP and added a FAQ page.

Sorry... I've done a clean install after wiping everything and I've found another problem. The default storage is reverting back to internal. It didn't do this on the last version. I'm about to reformat my SD Card and see if that sorts it, but check and see if the same thing is happening on yours.

I may have a fix for link2int

The problem is that there is no mmcblk1p2 file in /dev/block so if I make one, Link2int should work! Lets see...

Didn't work :angry2:

I asked Cyda about it though, so hopefully I will get a response.

Cyda, I have a problem with Link2int and my Lightning ROM. For some reason, my ROM does not create the file 'mmcblk1p2' in the /dev/block folder, so Link2int does not work. Here is a screenshot:

post-969101-0-23805700-1360276803_thumb.png

Any idea on how to add the mmcblk1p2 file to my ROM? Thanks in advance :)

Edited by kyan31

You know much more about this than I do, but my understanding was that Cyda's Link2Int would create that file when it executed, amongst other things. I'm still wondering whether init.d is actually enabled on your ROM? Tillaz has already stated that init.d is enabled in the version of Paul's kernel, but does flashing your ROM also flas a different kernel without init.d? If so, that would explain things. I wonder if there's any test you can do to check if init.d is supported? The only thing that I heard was that once init.d was enabled you'd get either a /data or an /etc folder created. I don't have either.

You know much more about this than I do, but my understanding was that Cyda's Link2Int would create that file when it executed, amongst other things. I'm still wondering whether init.d is actually enabled on your ROM? Tillaz has already stated that init.d is enabled in the version of Paul's kernel, but does flashing your ROM also flas a different kernel without init.d? If so, that would explain things. I wonder if there's any test you can do to check if init.d is supported? The only thing that I heard was that once init.d was enabled you'd get either a /data or an /etc folder created. I don't have either.

There is a data folder, you need a root explorer to see it. There is also an init.d folder in system/etc

Fair enough. Let's hope Cyda has an idea. Otherwise we'll have to go back to a partitioned card and a wasted 2GB of internal...

(By the way - I've done a full windows format on my SD card and my default storage is still reverting to internal. That wasn't happening on the previous version of your ROM. I'm going to reflash that version and see what happens.)

Update: I've re-installed version 3 and the default storage is back to being the external SD card. (So I'm sticking with v3 unless you can sort this out. I feel stupid for upgrading now - it had been working breath-takingly smooth and fast, and my only gripe was having to 'fix permissions' if I did a full (i.e. not fastboot) reboot.

I've also got Link2SD working! Here's how - I think it might work on version 3.5 too:

1. Install BusyBox from the Play Store. Run it and make sure you click the 'install' button on the bottom left of the app. (I stupidly didn't do this when I was trying to install it on Lightning 3.5) as I thought that once Google had installed the app, that meant BusyBox was installed. It wasn't.)

2. Install PimpMyRom and under 'tools' select enable init.d support.

3. Allow the phone to reboot.

4. Turn off. Reboot into CWM. 'mounts and storage'>'unmount system' then 'mount system'. (Or 'mount' then 'unmount' then 'mount' again - depending on what's showing when you open up 'mounts and storage.'

5. Flash the 'LinktoInt for CWM' zip.

6. Reboot.

7. Open Link2SD and grant root access.

8 Voila - you should have the option to create links for your apps to the internal SD card.

(I know this doesn't make sense as init.d is supposed to be enabled, but try it anyway - init.d was supposed to be enabled in the kernel I've been using, but the above workaround still worked for me!)

Edited by Geoff2

Fair enough. Let's hope Cyda has an idea. Otherwise we'll have to go back to a partitioned card and a wasted 2GB of internal...

(By the way - I've done a full windows format on my SD card and my default storage is still reverting to internal. That wasn't happening on the previous version of your ROM. I'm going to reflash that version and see what happens.)

Making an SD fix on B952 is very hard, I don't actually think anyone has made an SD fix that works for everyone. There's always a group of people who still have the problem, even I have it sometimes.