[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

Guest Miki Bakaiki

@ Kyan, next release will be a mod or a new version of the rom ? i wanted to do a clean install, i feel the phone dragging itself, and wanted to know if there's any new version coming soon , or if i should just do it now and then flash the mod :)

Thanks and keep up the great work !!

Guest kyan31

@ Kyan, next release will be a mod or a new version of the rom ? i wanted to do a clean install, i feel the phone dragging itself, and wanted to know if there's any new version coming soon , or if i should just do it now and then flash the mod smile.png

Thanks and keep up the great work !!

I have uploaded the mod, and will post it now. You can flash the mod, and flash the mod straight after, nice and fresh.

Guest kyan31

LIGHTNING ROM NEW FEATURES PATCH

This patch will add new features to your previous installation of Lightning ROM. This is not a ROM itself, so you must flash it over R4 with NO WIPES.

Features:

• Reboot to recovery
  • CM Style Toggles
  • New options in the settings
  • Call recording
  • New boot animation

I may also make a new patch that hides the beats icon, ota icon etc. but it's not important.

DOWNLOAD

MD5: A384FCC3B5409B983E2C53CB00BF4A22

Screenshots:

post-969101-0-39773400-1362343583_thumb.post-969101-0-44916900-1362343584_thumb.post-969101-0-90681500-1362343585_thumb.

New bootanimation, click it to play:

post-969101-0-15147500-1362348182_thumb.

Hope it works well for all of you, an OTA update for the patch will be distributed shortly.

Oh, huge thanks to Tillaz for helping me out so much. He taught me about the public.xml, and made these mods. If it's possible to give him a +1 or a thank you, please do :)

Edited by kyan31

Guest kyan31

Oh, huge thanks to Tillaz for helping me out so much. He taught me about the public.xml, and made these mods. If it's possible to give him a +1 or a thank you, please do.

Guest Miki Bakaiki

Kyan, i think it's "official" ... i cant get link2sd to work... it always says something about the sd card ... :s

I've flashed the update, and it seemed super cool ! the boot the recovery works, and the toggles are great !!! really, nice job to everyone who helped ! :)

Edited by Miki Bakaiki

Guest kyan31

Kyan, i think it's "official" ... i cant get link2sd to work... it always says something about the sd card ... :s

I've flashed the update, and it seemed super cool ! the boot the recovery works, and the toggles are great !!! really, nice job to everyone who helped ! smile.png

I'm really not sure about that, Cyda modified lightning HIMSELF, so Link2Int should be fully compatible. Can you try to post a detailed post of your problem, screenshots and all. That will help me to diagnose the problem. Thanks :)

Guest kyan31

You could actually make a gb ROM now !! smile.png look at my post on the gb on 2030 topic wink.png

I'm actually tempted to, I would never use it, but a lot of people seem addicted to GB :P

Guest Miki Bakaiki

I'm really not sure about that, Cyda modified lightning HIMSELF, so Link2Int should be fully compatible. Can you try to post a detailed post of your problem, screenshots and all. That will help me to diagnose the problem. Thanks :)

The thing is i can't take any picture, because it says i have no memory, at all !! so, i can't save pics... It says something like : sdcard not found or not inserted , mount sd card ...

Guest Redflake

The thing is i can't take any picture, because it says i have no memory, at all !! so, i can't save pics... It says something like : sdcard not found or not inserted , mount sd card ...

Check your default storage. It will have reverted to internal.

Guest kyan31

No one else has the problem, so it must be a problem on your side. Do you really need Link2Int?

Guest fr0do
Thanks, this rom is fantastic and runs like a charm.

Just one question, how can I make call record?

:D

in a call press the menu button

Guest VoltresS

Hi Kyan, Great job once more, amazing update and I have some really good news ( I think, I mean no one seems to complain about it anymore :P).

I have flashed your update, and the storage keep changing again to the internal (2gb) after the reboots. And once more, feeling lucky, I have flashed your mistaked gtalk add on (the one I have talked about some days ago ewith the toolbox.apk inside) and guess what, once more, it got fixed, now I can reboot with no problem and the storage stays always in SD card.

I think it is oficial, you got an accidental fix for that issue :P. Although, I would like to someone to confirm this.

P.S: after the update the OTA update notification message doesn't turn of. Dispite that, the news features are just perfect. Thank you dude.

Guest blaster99999

My storage keeps reverting back to internal , camera takes pics but nothing in gallery , where do I change tones and ring options I don't seam to have any other than default

Edited by blaster99999

Guest VoltresS

My storage keeps reverting back to internal , camera takes pics but nothing in gallery , where do I change tones and ring options I don't seam to have any other than default

After you reboot, like I mentioned in the post previous to yours? But you can go to storage and change it back to sd card with no problem right? If so you are the perfect candidate to test "my solution".

I will PM (sended) you with the zip file (as I don't know if Kyan already change it in the main page) so you to test it. You change the storage to SD card, reboot into recovery, flash the zip and see if it boots with sd card storage, ok?

Waiting to hear from you dude (finger crossed)

Edited by VoltresS

Guest blaster99999

Because all my apps where installed when storage was set to SD card, when I reboot my storage swapped back to internal and no apps would load, even if I went back t storage and changed to SD card my apps still don't load , I also notice camera app saves to SD card but I can't use gallery to view because that looks at directory in my internal , I did see a storage update which I tried last night and updated and I thought that sorted it as I powered off phone on and off 4 times and every time SD card was default, but then did a cmw backup and when my phone rebooted I was back to internal storage and all apps failed I swapped to SD and rebooted but still went to internal storage , so I've reinstalled all my apps but are all on internal , I think I'm going to do a complete wipe and reflash

Guest VoltresS

Because all my apps where installed when storage was set to SD card, when I reboot my storage swapped back to internal and no apps would load, even if I went back t storage and changed to SD card my apps still don't load , I also notice camera app saves to SD card but I can't use gallery to view because that looks at directory in my internal , I did see a storage update which I tried last night and updated and I thought that sorted it as I powered off phone on and off 4 times and every time SD card was default, but then did a cmw backup and when my phone rebooted I was back to internal storage and all apps failed I swapped to SD and rebooted but still went to internal storage , so I've reinstalled all my apps but are all on internal , I think I'm going to do a complete wipe and reflash

Yeah I think it is better to you to wipe everything and reflash and look for the issue right after the first boot and don't install nothing until it is solved. Wish you luck dude :)

Guest george109

I have just flashed the Genokolar Kernal, and I would like to say that over clocking is so much better on Genokolar, as anything past 1.116 would reboot or crash the phone (so I had to take the battery out) as soon as I clicked apply on the Lightning Kernal, Is this just me or is this a bug?

Guest kyan31

I have just flashed the Genokolar Kernal, and I would like to say that over clocking is so much better on Genokolar, as anything past 1.116 would reboot or crash the phone (so I had to take the battery out) as soon as I clicked apply on the Lightning Kernal, Is this just me or is this a bug?

It varies from G300. Mine actually survived for about 5 minutes on 1.3Ghz before, but never again. Some people cant even go past 1152mhz without a crash.

EDIT: I'm sure wifi doesn't work on that kernel, maybe i'm wrong :ph34r:

Edited by kyan31

Guest blaster99999

If anyone else is getting the problem with the OTA message showing all the time, tell me. I think I know why it does it.

yes getting that ota message constantly, I have done the update manually but still getting the ota message, I was getting error when I tried to do over ota update , ive had a look and see why its downloaded the ota update to internal card and cwm cant find it , do like the update and well happy with this rom , new boot animation is miles better too Edited by blaster99999