[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

Guest blaster99999

The wifi nag box is turned off in the build.prop.

There is a line ro.config.hw_remindwifitopdp=true

Use a root explorer to open the build.prop and change true to false and save it.

done as you said all working now thanks a lot

Guest kyan31

The wifi nag box is turned off in the build.prop.

There is a line ro.config.hw_remindwifitopdp=true

Use a root explorer to open the build.prop and change true to false and save it.

Thanks dude, I couldn't be bothered to find it myself :P

Guest kyan31

do I still need to flash google apps again? didnt mention it in the post

If it didn't mention it, it means you don't have to. Also if you read the feature list, you would see that the play store is included:

Stripped Most Google Apps (Except the Play Store of course ;))

Guest tillaz

just remembered that logcat is turned off on the G300 so it needs enabled first..

*#*#2846579#*#*

enter that number in the dialler (above)

open projectMenu / background setting / log setting / log switch

select log on

now go back to background settings and select "dump & log" tick all boxes

logcat should now work, if not go to

system / bin / logcat

long hold and tick all boxes on permissions

reboot.

once its enabled its enabled even after switching roms

Guest Moe29

Downloaded V5 and did a complete wipe ( including cache and dalvik ) flashed V5 and phone stops at Huawei logo

Flashed V4 , same thing

luckily I had made CW backup, restored it and back to business, but I guess I'm having something wrong

Guest dalyer

Are you using the latest CWM or TWRP?

How long did you wait? First boot after installing any ROM can take a while (as per the original post - kyan31 says c. 5 mins). Although I don't know if, while doing post install "stuff", it sits on the Huawei logo or the ROM specific splash screen (if any).

Edited by dalyer

Guest Moe29

I'm using CWM 6.0.1.8, not the latest but recent enough

After the restore and a reboot or two, I did a complete wipe ( including cache and dalvik ) flashed V5 again, this time it took much longer to install ( which seemed as the reasonable time for this file size, previously it would flash in seconds ) , rebooted in the lightning flash logo and seems to work ok now

Strange that it didn't install from first time though

Guest kyan31

Anyone with FC problems please do a logcat, I'm waiting here :P

I really want to fix the problem so I can continue with other ROMs. Thanks.

Guest dalyer

I'm using CWM 6.0.1.8, not the latest but recent enough

After the restore and a reboot or two, I did a complete wipe ( including cache and dalvik ) flashed V5 again, this time it took much longer to install ( which seemed as the reasonable time for this file size, previously it would flash in seconds ) , rebooted in the lightning flash logo and seems to work ok now

Strange that it didn't install from first time though

Not the first time it took more than one go to flash a ROM as far as I recall. Some people have reported having failures and then trying again and it working. Without more info (e.g. logs etc.) it's difficult to say why... At least it's working now though! :)

Edited by dalyer

Guest Redrabit

Not the first time it took more than one go to flash a ROM as far as I recall. Some people have reported having failures and then trying again and it working. Without more info (e.g. logs etc.) it's difficult to say why... At least it's working now though! :)

Me to, I had to flash a second time to, because the first time the phone don' boot

Edited by Redrabit

Guest macdaddymac

Flashed v5 but I have a problem with music files on the SD card, the music player can't see them but if look using file manager I can play them?

Guest george109

Flashed v5 but I have a problem with music files on the SD card, the music player can't see them but if look using file manager I can play them?

I had this too, this was one of the reasons that I decided to make the move to CM10, I tried to flash the Huawei music but that didn't work either.

Guest kyan31

I had this too, this was one of the reasons that I decided to make the move to CM10, I tried to flash the Huawei music but that didn't work either.

Well instead of chatting about it, do a logcat, otherwise the developer can't fix anything.

Edited by kyan31

Guest langerhead

Anyone experiencing missing/unrecognised music/photos after install try running fix permissions in clockwork mod, it worked for me.

Guest Pirex69

Hi Kyan31,

how can I make huawei all backup work in Lightning? i´ve tried to flash the add on of infusion but it´s not there? than i´ve tried the apk and it fails?

any ideia?

Thks

Pirex

Guest Ilfirin

Well instead of chatting about it, do a logcat, otherwise the developer can't fix anything.

I would like to, but can't get logcat workind. Did all, instead of permission fix, because in cyanogenmod filemanager is option to have root access disabled. I tried terminal with su and chmod, but it gives me "unable chmod logcat: read-only filesystem".

Anyway, I flashed r5 two days ago and everything was working. This night i have phone switched off on charger. Till switch on, gapps are force closing.

Guest tillaz

I would like to, but can't get logcat workind. Did all, instead of permission fix, because in cyanogenmod filemanager is option to have root access disabled. I tried terminal with su and chmod, but it gives me "unable chmod logcat: read-only filesystem".

Anyway, I flashed r5 two days ago and everything was working. This night i have phone switched off on charger. Till switch on, gapps are force closing.

flash this to fix permissions for logcat

perm.zip

adding this line to the updater-script in a future release of the ROM can avoid the need to manually set the permissions

set_perm(0, 2000, 0755, 0755, "/system/bin/logcat");

Guest tillaz

Hate to say that, but I'm still stucked in "Reading log, please wait." sad.png

as i remember, you have to enable logcat on a pure stock ROM (so nothing has been removed)

then come back to the custom ROM, once its enabled it will always be enabled even after swapping / updating roms witch is a good thing.

so my advice to anyone would be to make a nandroid backup, flash the stock repack, enable logcat, then restore your nandroid backup

http://www.modaco.co...ne-release-rom/

Enable Logcat

*#*#2846579#*#*

enter that number in the dialler (above)

open projectMenu / background setting / log setting / log switch

select log on

now go back to background settings and select "dump & log" tick all boxes

logcat should now work, if not go to

system / bin / logcat

long hold and tick all boxes on permissions

reboot.

Download alogcat from the market

From preferences change level to = error

Recreate the force close

then open alogcat press menu then save.

Get the log from your sdcard and upload it