[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

Guest kyan31

i tried following the instructions, to install from SDcard, but my phone said 'signature not recognised' or something, and aborted the install sad.png

I am going from the vodaphone installed rom. Any ideas?

What recovery are you using?

Guest Haelu

ok it would appear that i am not on 2030 baseband.

For some reason my phone won't install the firmware update either, which presumably changed this. (i know nothing about this stuff)

I am gonna try Electra, since it is multi baseband....

Guest kyan31

ok it would appear that i am not on 2030 baseband.

For some reason my phone won't install the firmware update either, which presumably changed this. (i know nothing about this stuff)

I am gonna try Electra, since it is multi baseband....

Wooh, have fun ;)

Guest Haelu

What recovery are you using?

I'm afraid i don't understand the question. I was using a rooted phone with the same rom i got with it. I tried to unroot it, but each time i reboot, super SU is still in the programs list. maybe this is why i can't update the firmware update. Anyway, I then formatted it with the phone settings. Then I tried installing this.

That's all I know

Guest kyan31

I'm afraid i don't understand the question. I was using a rooted phone with the same rom i got with it. I tried to unroot it, but each time i reboot, super SU is still in the programs list. maybe this is why i can't update the firmware update. Anyway, I then formatted it with the phone settings. Then I tried installing this.

That's all I know

Umm, that's probably why you can't install anything. You need to be on the 2030 baseband to install most ROMs here, and you must have a recovery installed, eg CWM or TWRP.

You can't flash any rom without a recovery.

Edited by kyan31

Guest Haelu

Umm, that's probably why you can't install anything. You need to be on the 2030 baseband to install most ROMs here, and you must have a recovery installed, eg CWM or TWRP.

You can't flash any rom without a recovery.

ok. so where can i get one?

Guest kyan31

ok. so where can i get one?

First use this:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/353528-clockworkmod-recovery-for-huawei-u8815ascend-g-300/

once you have this recovery, you will then need to update the recovery to a later version. This one is good:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/359191-recovery-cwm-clockworkmod-recovery-v6027-touch-hybrid-cm-last-updated-1601/

Now you can flash roms.

Guest kyan31

Actually, before all of this, you will need to update your phone to official ICS so you have the 2030 baseband, unless you want to install Electra. Then you don't need to install ICS.

Guest blademaster123

Probably, I might actually release a final version of this ROM and just leave it as that. However I'll still make addons etc. with request.

yep I think that's a good idea

Guest OmnioPT
I hope no one has forgot about lightning ROM, that would be a shame :P

No way and I hope you continue to develop lightning. In my opinion the best rom to the g300.

Cheers

Guest kyan31

No way and I hope you continue to develop lightning. In my opinion the best rom to the g300.

Cheers

Okay, i'll continue to update lightning, but only when it 'needs' updating :)

Guest wlad0

I think it might be due to you governor, what one are you using?

I/CpuGovernorService( 903): intent action: android.intent.action.SCREEN_OFF

After I flash this rom, I did not change the Governor and I/O scheduling settings I installed No-frills CPU control and values are:

Max. clock. freq.: 1008

Min. clock freq.: 320

Governor: ondemand

I/O scheduler: noop

Is there any other kernel for this ROM?

Edited by wlad0

Guest kyan31

After I flash this rom, I did not change the Governor and I/O scheduling settings

Don't know what the problem is then, it could just be your phone as no one else has reported the issue.

Guest Gabrielius

Can I flash this rom from Daz's JB R3? Or I should try your electra release? The main problem for me is speed, echo when talking.

Guest kyan31
Can I flash this rom from Daz's JB R3? Or I should try your electra release? The main problem for me is speed, echo when talking.

Yes, you can flash this ROM straight from Daz's JB. I'll have to get to you later though about the other stuff, I'm a little busy ;)

Guest Haelu

i can't seem to change my ringtone to music.

When i go in the settings and press 'local music' it does nothing.

I also tried using the file manager to see if i could select the track and use as ringtone, but couldn't find any such option either.

Is there a solution?

Guest kyan31
i can't seem to change my ringtone to music.

When i go in the settings and press 'local music' it does nothing.

I also tried using the file manager to see if i could select the track and use as ringtone, but couldn't find any such option either.

Is there a solution?

Yes, use a root explorer an move your preferred ringtones to:

System/media/audio/ringtones

...and reboot. Now your ringtones will show up.

Guest Gabrielius

Yes, you can flash this ROM straight from Daz's JB. I'll have to get to you later though about the other stuff, I'm a little busy ;)

Getting back to the speed thing. I really enjoy the JB on this phone, but after using it for week or two it became more and more laggy, even apps were stopped. One day it works fine and another day it is laggy for some time. I used Daz's R2 I believe. Today I installed Lightning and it looks pretty smooth. What are your recommendations about combining JB and smooth usage of phone? Not talking here about games, but mainly about basic functions of smartphone :)

Edited by Gabrielius