r12 (JDQ39 / CM 10.1): MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest duderuud

Latest R2 isn't working. Fresh install crashes constantly (gapps errors).

Can't get past the install wizard. So not usable at the moment. Will try to restore an R5 image and update it to this version.

Guest PaulOBrien

r3 is now in the kitchen, this should resolve all issues with r2. Unfortunately due to an oversight some of the custom MCR CM code wasn't merged correctly after updating the main repo to the latest nightly, this has now been resolved. Remember to be patient on first boot after a wipe while it runs dexopt. :)

As always, no wipe is required for this release.

Enjoy, and have a great weekend!

P

Changelog

19th Jan

• Updated to latest nightly (still tagged 180113)
  • Fixed issues with dirty-flash enhancement code (apologies)

Guest 80sLoveCHILD

internet connected in new house

my nexus 4 is now unlocked and rooted. time for a new rom

cant wait to try this paul. thanks

Update

The joys of nexus. From stock to running a custom ROM in well under thirty mins. Great ROM Paul, no issues so far, although not been using it long. Thanks Paul, Cm, Google and Dev community

Edited by 80sLoveCHILD

Guest chakrata

Hi Paul,

may I suggest the YYMMDD format for the file names, generated by the kitchen?

Presently it is DDMMYY and the chronological sorting by name gets a bit messy.

(of course there are other solutions to the issue)

Guest wollyka

Updated from AOKP m1 release to R1 3 days ago. All went well except the contacts data were corrupted (kept getting process acore errors). Wiping contacts data fixed the issue.

Guest PaulOBrien
Hi Paul,

may I suggest the YYMMDD format for the file names, generated by the kitchen?

Presently it is DDMMYY and the chronological sorting by name gets a bit messy.

(of course there are other solutions to the issue)

Good call! I'll change that.

P

Guest PaulOBrien
Updated from AOKP m1 release to R1 3 days ago. All went well except the contacts data were corrupted (kept getting process acore errors). Wiping contacts data fixed the issue.

Excellent! :-)

P

Awesome ROM! One weird bit. I have the Cm clock as my main lock widget but once I connect to my company's Exchange server and it applies security policies, I end up with the Google what's this song widget. And my security policies restrict me from changing it.

On plain Cm I wasn't able to change it either but the default widget would stick to chronus... Any ideas?

Guest PaulOBrien
Awesome ROM! One weird bit. I have the Cm clock as my main lock widget but once I connect to my company's Exchange server and it applies security policies, I end up with the Google what's this song widget. And my security policies restrict me from changing it.

On plain Cm I wasn't able to change it either but the default widget would stick to chronus... Any ideas?

Super weird, no idea what's causing that!

P

Super weird, no idea what's causing that!

P

Well, the good news is disabling the song search app made everything good. And I'm perfectly content using Soundhound (I feel like it's still better at tagging too).

One other question. I installed trackball pro but can't seem to get it to work and it doesn't like the patching options. Any advice on how to proceed with that?

Guest the.real.lantesh

I had been using MCR as I wanted to use something based on the stock rom for stability, and I was pretty happy with it. Last night I decided to give MCMCR a try, and I'm glad I did. Everything is working great. I'm really impressed. Thanks Paul!

Guest chakrata

PIE navigation has its virtues, compared to the "classic" navigation and the multiple available extensions.

May be I'll go for some first hand experience before any further discussion.

Guest masterpfa

New builds every Friday! :)

P

Nandroid Backup and see you Friday!

Might just experiment with this for a while especially as 'Dirty' flash tolerable

Thanks Paul

:D

Guest paulpoco

Is CM going to have an option to have different folder views like Nova Launcher? I like seeing the first 4 apps in a folder.

The DSP Manager doesn't seem to make a difference in sound. Under sound -> Music Effects -> there is no option to select a different effects engine that is installed. I.e. Noozxoide app for sound.