r12 (JDQ39 / CM 10.1): MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest adam1000rr

Weird, I just dirty flashed over Jr8 and my email app is working fine, without having to clear data and reconfigure.. Nice!

Last time I dirty flashed I had to clear cache and data and input all details again.

Everything else (so far) is working well!

Cheers :)

Guest comicbookguy

That is weird, a CM change to the reboot menu?

P

it's an option in settings which is off by default ("advanced reboot" in developer options)

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest comicbookguy

Yes, spotted that. Makes sense for 'normal users' (but not us) really! :) I might modify the MCMCR default to be the advanced menu.

P

or just change it to default on? ;)

Guest Jub Fequois

Hello Paul. To start with, excellent work on this ROM as always. Been using your stuff since the Hero was new. :)

Anyway, was just wondering if you could make it a kitchen option to exclude all Google apps as I like to flash Banks' minimal package. Alternatively, is it difficult to get rid of the stuff I don't want?

Last question: how comes the keyboard in this ROM differs from the normal Cyanogen keyboard? Theirs have lots of shortcuts on the keys.

Sorry for the terribly noob questions, I've just never actually done any mod work myself. :)

Cheers!

Guest comicbookguy

You can remove most of the Google apps with the kitchen anyway, at no risk of messing up compatibility. Anything else you can uninstall manually with Titanium Backup

Guest PaulOBrien

Hello Paul. To start with, excellent work on this ROM as always. Been using your stuff since the Hero was new. :)

Anyway, was just wondering if you could make it a kitchen option to exclude all Google apps as I like to flash Banks' minimal package. Alternatively, is it difficult to get rid of the stuff I don't want?

Last question: how comes the keyboard in this ROM differs from the normal Cyanogen keyboard? Theirs have lots of shortcuts on the keys.

Sorry for the terribly noob questions, I've just never actually done any mod work myself. :)

Cheers!

You can remove most from the kitchen, any in particular you wanted to lose that you can't?

re: the keyboard, noted, i'll switch to the CM rather than Google keyboard in the next release!

P

You can remove most from the kitchen, any in particular you wanted to lose that you can't?

re: the keyboard, noted, i'll switch to the CM rather than Google keyboard in the next release!

P

hi paul, something strange here. this morning suddenly phone is very hot and it's draining battery like crazy.

if I look at the battery percentages, android is 34%

On BBS, kernel wavelock I see "MSM_HSIC_Host" in 48 minutes drained 14% of the battery total

never did it before, I didn't change anything this morning.

hi paul, something strange here. this morning suddenly phone is very hot and it's draining battery like crazy.

if I look at the battery percentages, android is 34%

On BBS, kernel wavelock I see "MSM_HSIC_Host" in 48 minutes drained 14% of the battery total

never did it before, I didn't change anything this morning.

May help:

http://www.reddit.com/r/nexus4/comments/199bd3/a_great_explanation_of_the_msm_hsic_host_wakelock/

Guest PaulOBrien

r8 is now in the kitchen, based on the latest nightly! As always, the prebake will be updated when kitchen users confirm all is well. :)

P

Changelog

1st Mar

• Update to the latest nightly
  • Updated all included apps

Guest the.real.lantesh

Paul, I just installed the r8 self bake with my usual method of wiping the cache and Dalvik cache, but not data. Everything appears to be working fine.

Guest David Roberts_476335

Just updated to R8 (from R7). Wiped Cache and Dalvik. Everything is great except that gesture typing is not working. The gesture trail is shown as I swipe across the keyboard but the word is not registered. Standard typing is fine.

Guest jmagee
Every time I update an app on the play store I get the following error:

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yeah I keep seeing that but running just MCR not CM