I think It's Bricked.

Guest ALiiSTAiR

Guest ALiiSTAiR

Hi, I've had my phone since the start of December when I installed CM9 and have updated through to CM10. But tonight after using the phone fine all day, I took it out of my pocket and it wasn't responding. With various combinations of battery pulling, charging and waiting 15 seconds with no battery I can get it in to CWM where I tried re-installing a CM9 ROM but I still get stuck on the Huawei logo.

My problem seems to be the same as these two threads, where nobody found a solution, I'm hoping maybe it's been worked out since then?

http://www.modaco.co...ck#entry2047297

http://www.modaco.co...__hl__ warranty

Also, I can't do adb as the phone turns off after around 2 minutes each time.

Any help will be great, Thanks.

Guest PixelPixie

I just read the other thread where the OP took it back to Argos.

They had an older version of cwm recovery installed. What version are you using? if it is an older one try flashing a newer recovery.

Guest ALiiSTAiR

I just read the other thread where the OP took it back to Argos.

They had an older version of cwm recovery installed. What version are you using? if it is an older one try flashing a newer recovery.

I'm using Dazzozo's recovery from here , I'm not sure where I can find other versions or if that is the latest?

Guest boundy69

Did that not cause problems with it having been rooted etc.?

They looked at it a bit strange when the Chinese boot screen popped up, but just asked if I wanted credit or replacement, the phone was 4 months old. I think I was just lucky with the CS rep

Guest ALiiSTAiR

Very.co.uk, I've looked at their returns page and they say that for electronic goods you should call the manufacturer directly because they don't have the technical knowledge to deal with it, and then they list the phone number of every manufacturer under the sun apart from Huawei. So I think I'll have to ring Verys general number and hope that they don't know much about phones.

Edited by ALiiSTAiR

Guest ALiiSTAiR

I'm going to attempt to send this back and hopefully get a replacement, even if it is replaced, I think I'll be selling it to buy something for a bit more that comes stock with ICS/JB. So thank you for all your help with this issue, and also thanks to everyone who worked on Dazzozo's CM9/10, but I don't really feel like rooting another phone now. :)

Guest PixelPixie

That's the version of cmw I'm using not the same as the other post.

if your stuck on the Huawei logo have you considered sending to Huawei? I had a g300 that was stuck on the Huawei boot logo after installing the official OTA B952 on a handset with root but without a custom recovery.

It happen to a few of us on this forum. Huawei fixed it and sent it back without charge. I had tried all sorts of roms. I only had the pink bar dload folder option. Nothing worked.

The phone came back in a week, same phone still network unlocked same IMEI ect ect. Just with B952 installed.

It might be worth a shot. The phone was rooted and I'm sure other people had custom ROM's. I'll have a look for the thread and post a link.

Guest boundy69

Very.co.uk, I've looked at their returns page and they say that for electronic goods you should call the manufacturer directly because they don't have the technical knowledge to deal with it, and then they list the phone number of every manufacturer under the sun apart from Huawei. So I think I'll have to ring Verys general number and hope that they don't know much about phones.

If its under 6 months old send it straight back to Very, regardless of their returns policy, SOGA means its there responability to sort it. They may just send it to Huawei and they might reject the warranty claim but if your lucky like me they might just send you a new one.

Guest ALiiSTAiR

Yes I definitely tried that, I can't remember the exact result but It didn't help. Regarding trying to get a repair/replacement, I've just been reading up on SOGA, so I know where I stand was this fault caused by me rooting the phone or would it have happened regardless? From what I can tell, it is 'Not fit for purpose' but if this was as a result of rooting then I caused the fault did I not?

Guest ALiiSTAiR

I've just got off the phone to Very, I went through endless amounts of holding down power and volume keys, I think this is how they try and find if I've rooted it, but my phone refuses to do anything with the battery in and so I played ignorance when he told me to make sure it was in. They're sending me a prepaid bag to send it to them, but he said at the end that if the engineer finds something that I've done to cause the fault they will charge me for the repair if I agree or charge me £10 to have it back broken.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ALiiSTAiR

Sorry to bump this up but someone might find it of use to know that according to Very a faulty circuit board had to be replaced, they didn't notice it was rooted, I guess maybe they couldn't get it as far as CWM before it was fixed and I have a different IMEI now so I suppose I have a new phone pretty much.

They've kindly installed B952 which is making me want to root it again, was rooting the phone likely what caused a circuit board to fail or was I just unlucky? I did overclock but only up 1152.