More responsive screen and volume please?

Guest paulee2

Guest paulee2

Hi,

The G300 is my first smartphone and I've been using it for almost 4 months. Apart from unlocking it and installing the Vodafone ICS upgrade it is a bog standard phone and I'm generally very happy with it. There are a couple of things that really do bug me though and I don't seem to be able to find an answer in the Huawei handbook, or on this forum

Compared to other phones I've tried, admittedly all more expensive, the responsiveness of the touch screen seems to be quite poor, although this could just be down to my phone. I think it was the same whilst I was on gingerbread and I frequently have to touch the same letter a couple of times to get it to register. Is there an easy way to increase the sensitivity?

I also find that the maximum volume of the phone is quite low. This applies to playing music, listening to voice calls and call ringer volume. I did install a programme called Equalizer, but this has made little, if any, difference. Apart from the volume button on the top LH side, is there any way that I can increase these volumes?

Thank for any help that you may be able to offer and please do forgive me if I've missed something obvious (or I need a hearing aid)!

You could try the lightning ROM (made by me :P). It has enhanced touch sensitivity and beats audio to improve sound overall. Link is on my signature below.

You need to unlock your boot loader, root, and install cwm recovery before you install any ROM here. You can send me a PM if you need any help.

Edited by kyan31

Guest paulee2

Thanks kyan31 for your kind offer. Your ROM sounds great, but I'm afraid that I do not have the technical ability to take you up on it. Most of what I read about smart phones is like a foreign language to me and leaves me very technically challenged. In fact, I regard upgrading to ICS as a MAJOR achievement!!! With my computer, as long as it runs reasonably well I leave well alone. I think I'm safer adopting the same routine for my phone. I'll just have to put up with things as they are and if it really gets me down buy something a bit better.