r12 **WiFi** (JDQ39 /CM 10.1): MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

r2 is now online both in the kitchen and as a pre-bake, enjoy! No wipe needed of course.

P

Changelog

18th Jan

• Updated to 180113 nightly
  • Updated all 3rd party components
  • Added MoDaCo Forums app

Guest GedBlake

Hi Ged

I have been using Bricked .58 with Jr 13 but have not tried it with this Jr1, what benefits does Franco's r38 have over it, if any, as I found Bricked was a bit heavy on the Battery.

Oldbarzo

(Stransky)

Hi, Stransky...

It's a bit difficult for to me make any direct comparisons, as Franco's kernel is the only custom kernel I have thus far experimented with... Having said that though, I do seem to be getting pretty respectable battery performance...

My N7 is now showing 13hours on battery, with 56% charge remaining. (through normal usage... bit of web-browing, bit of email, bit of Temple Run and Angry Birds, etc., et.al).

I do have a copy of Bricked... just never got around to flashing it... I might give it a shot when Paul releases Jr2.

GED.

Guest UnStable999

Help :(

Just installed this over r1 after deleting cache etc and now I just get this error message:

Unfortunately System UI has stopped.

Can't even get back to recovery mode :/

Guest PaulOBrien

Just installed this over r1 after deleting cache etc and now I just get this error message:

Power on with volume down held to get bootloader then use the volume keys to choose recovery.

P

Guest David Bate

I had that problem when i was playing with CM.. The first time i had to wipe the data and start fresh. I started to wonder if it was possible to script the deletion of the data for SystemUI only. I used TiBU to delete SystemUI and the data before I updated and it worked.

Guest GedBlake

Yep.. I can confirm something similar...

Flashed this three times... once directly over Jr1 without wipes, then wiping Dalvik and finally a full wipe.

Seems to be bootlooping with 'NFC service has stopped'...

To get back into recovery... LONG PRESS both Vol keys + Power key for at least 25 secs... this will put you into fastbotot mode, from you can navigate to RECOVERY using the Vol keys..

GED.

Guest Oldbarzo

Just installed this over r1 after deleting cache etc and now I just get this error message:/

Hi Paul

Same problem with and without deleting caches. Just entered recovery and reinstalled Jr1. Will try later on PC from kitchen bake in case that is ,y problem, as I originally installed Jr1 from a kitchen bake.

Oldbarzo

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul

Same problem with and without deleting caches. Just entered recovery and reinstalled Jr1. Will try later on PC from kitchen bake in case that is ,y problem, as I originally installed Jr1 from a kitchen bake.

Oldbarzo

Eek! Prebake or kitchen folks?

P

Guest UnStable999

Eek! Prebake or kitchen folks?

P

Prebake here.

Thanks Paul and GedBlake for telling me how to fix it, thought I'd killed my Nexus :o

Back on r1 and all fine again, will try not to be so eager next time :)

Guest PaulOBrien

Fix is now live in both the kitchen and the pre-bake. Apologies for the inconvenience - have a fun weekend everyone! :)

Note that first boot takes a while as it runs the dexopt (and the screen is black), be patient. :D

P

Guest markygoid

Im new to the forum so hi guys, Im stuck in the boot loop also. I flashed the jr2 over the jr13 after a back up, cache wipe dalvik wipe and system wipe. Im getting a flashing screen after the modaco boot logo. Will it be ok to flash jr1, thanks for your time.

Guest markygoid

Fix is now live in both the kitchen and the pre-bake. Apologies for the inconvenience - have a fun weekend everyone! :)

Note that first boot takes a while as it runs the dexopt (and the screen is black), be patient. :D

P

Where can I find the file, sorry im new to the forum, thanks.

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi Paul

Just downloaded Kitchen bake for r2 and same fault "system UI is not responding". Installed over Jr1 no wipes.

Re-installed Jr1 and this time I wiped caches and same error.

Does this maybe need to have a full system reset? (which kinda negates the nightly aspect).

Oldbarzo

Guest markygoid

Just re-download from the first post.

P

Ended up restoring so no disasters, will try again, will post results. thanks.

Edited by markygoid