r12 **WiFi** (JDQ39 /CM 10.1): MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien
Hi Paul

Just downloaded Kitchen bake for r2 and same fault "system UI is not responding". Installed over Jr1 no wipes.

Re-installed Jr1 and this time I wiped caches and same error.

Does this maybe need to have a full system reset? (which kinda negates the nightly aspect).

Oldbarzo

Check the MD5 against the current download.

P

Guest GedBlake

Fix is now live in both the kitchen and the pre-bake. Apologies for the inconvenience - have a fun weekend everyone!

Note that first boot takes a while as it runs the dexopt (and the screen is black), be patient.

P

Hi, Paul...

When you say 'first boot takes a while', how long approximately... I've been looking at a black screen now for 15 minutes (since the MoDaCo boot animation disappeared)... surely that can't be right? Tried flashing this twice over my Nandroid restored copy of r1 - both with and without cache wipes.

I'll try flashing again with full wipes... as a completely fresh ROM install... see what happens...

PS. I'm using the prebake file...

r2-update-modacocyanogenmodcustomrom-nexus7-kitchen-unsigned-MD5-c3df7eb0331aeaf6510e075233119e6c.zip

This is the correct one, isn't it?... just want to be sure, as I have two r2's on my N7 now.

I'm also using TWRP as my custom recovery... don't think that makes a difference though.

------

Very odd these difficulties should be presenting themselves with this new build, given how easy and trouble free Jr1 was to flash.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll all get sorted out sooner or later... and I still have my nandroid copy of Jr1 to fall back on.

GED.

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi, Paul...

When you say 'first boot takes a while', how long approximately... I've been looking at a black screen now for 15 minutes (since the MoDaCo boot animation disappeared)... surely that can't be right? Tried flashing this twice over my Nandroid restored copy of r1 - both with and without cache wipes.

I'll try flashing again with full wipes... as a completely fresh ROM install... see what happens...

PS. I'm using the prebake file...

r2-update-modacocyanogenmodcustomrom-nexus7-kitchen-unsigned-MD5-c3df7eb0331aeaf6510e075233119e6c.zip

This is the correct one, isn't it?... just want to be sure, as I have two r2's on my N7 now.

I'm also using TWRP as my custom recovery... don't think that makes a difference though.

------

Very odd these difficulties should be presenting themselves with this new build, given how easy and trouble free Jr1 was to flash.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll all get sorted out sooner or later... and I still have my nandroid copy of Jr1 to fall back on.

GED.

Hmm, yes, that's the right one. I flashed that OK after a full wipe and it booted...

P

Guest PaulOBrien
Hi Paul

Downloaded a new Kitchen bake and same error.

Going to dao a full wipe and try from scratch.

Oldbarzo

It's a mystery!

I'll investigate further in the morning.

P

Guest GedBlake

Hi Paul

Downloaded a new Kitchen bake and same error.

Going to dao a full wipe and try from scratch.

Oldbarzo

Just flashed with full wipes... booted no problem..

Just a problem flashing over my current installation of Jr1

GED.

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi

Just did full wipe and installed the Kitchen bake i had just recently downloaded.

Installed ok or so it seemed until I started set-up and entered Google gmail and

password and then I encountered multiple errors, this and that not responding.

first one was "Unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped"

followed by "Unfortunately the process com.google.android.gsf.login has stopped".

You get the drift.

Am going to download the prebake and start over and if that does not work

will restore my Nandroid backup of Jr1 and hope Paul can figure out what's

wrong for some of us.

Oldbarzo

Edit: Just downloaded and installed the Pre-bake after a full wipe and got the same

results as above. I double checked the MD5 sum just in case but it matched.

Android generated a bug report but it is too large to attach here.

Edited by Oldbarzo

Guest David Bate

Go to Settings -> Application Info -> All tab and scroll to the Download Manager and see if it is disabled. If it is, enabled it and see what happens. Maybe try clearing the cache and data from there.

Guest GedBlake

Hi

Just did full wipe and installed the Kitchen bake i had just recently downloaded.

Installed ok or so it seemed until I started set-up and entered Google gmail and

password and then I encountered multiple errors, this and that not responding.

first one was "Unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped"

followed by "Unfortunately the process com.google.android.gsf.login has stopped".

You get the drift.

Am going to download the prebake and start over and if that does not work

will restore my Nandroid backup of Jr1 and hope Paul can figure out what's

wrong for some of us.

Oldbarzo

Edit: Just downloaded and installed the Pre-bake after a full wipe and got the same

results as above. I double checked the MD5 sum just in case but it matched.

Android generated a bug report but it is too large to attach here.

Hi, Oldbarzo...

Just spent the past couple of hours messing around with the r2 prebake... flashing different permutations of ROMs and wipes, and was unable to replicate the error messages you mention. Login with gmail was without problem on those flashes that worked...

But there is something still not quite right with this build... As an experiment, I tried flashing the r2 prebake as follows ... with the results given...

------------

r2 prebake...

Flashed over current installation of Jr1 (200 odd apps installed - /system/app odexed) - Black screen for 20mins after MoDaCo boot animation. Eventually I forced a reboot into bootloader.

Flashed over clean install of stock JellyBean (JOP40D) - Black Screen for 20mins after MoDaCo boot animation. Eventually I forced a reboot into bootloader.

Flashed over clean install of MCR Jr13 - 'Android is upgrading, optimizing app [x] of 107' and then 'System UI not responding' at lock screen. Bootlooping. Eventually I forced a reboot into bootloader.

Flashed over clean install of CM10.1 Jr1 - 'Android is upgrading', optimizing app [x] of 107'... that works... no problems...

Flashed after a full wipe, as a new ROM - Works without problems.

------------

So the only way of getting r2 to work for me, as it stands, is to begin again... with Titanium backup restores.

Anyway, I'm back on my nandroid backup of Jr1 with Franco's kernel... and it's working beautifully.

GED.

(edited for clarification).

Edited by GedBlake

Guest gibby-mg

Jr1 on top of The jr13 is smooth and stable, so I will not cause myself any more grief messing with jr2.... All the hard work is greatly appreciated.....

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi Ged

Don't know what my problem is with r2. Have tried several different

ways of installing like you but always get either the "system not responding" or "Unfortunately gapps stopped" errors.

Now back on Jr1 which is running perfectly on included kernel.

Might try another kernel later but just happy I have stability again.

My N7 is 16GB version.

Oldbarzo

Guest PaulOBrien

r3 is now in the kitchen, this should resolve all issues with r2. Unfortunately due to an oversight some of the custom MCR CM code wasn't merged correctly after updating the main repo to the latest nightly, this has now been resolved. Remember to be patient on first boot after a wipe while it runs dexopt. :)

As always, no wipe is required for this release.

Enjoy, and have a great weekend!

P

Changelog

19th Jan

• Updated to latest nightly (still tagged 180113)
  • Fixed issues with dirty-flash enhancement code (apologies)

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi Paul

Hooray!!!

Finally updated via r3 from kitchen bake with not an error in sight.

Thank you for taking the time to sort it out.

Looking forward to next Friday nightly.

Oldbarzo

Edit: tagged as 190113 now.

Edited by Oldbarzo

Guest GedBlake

Hi, Paul...

I can only but echo the sentiments of Oldbarzo...

Hurray!! - it works... :) :) :) [dances a merry jig, and smokes a cigar] :)!

Just flashed r3 over Jr1... and not a black screen (of death) or a 'not responding' error message in sight!... anywhere..

...just this - 'Android is upgrading, optimising app [x] of 213'

Thanks for your time and patience in getting this fixed... it's appreciated.

GED.

Guest GedBlake

Thanks Paul, amazing ROM, how about adding the enhanced quick settings from MCR in the next build.

Hi, Baz Scotland...

If by enhanced 'Quick Settings' ... you mean the right hand pull down shade...

Well, that feature is already built in...

Go to SETTING>INTERFACE>SYSTEM>Quick Settings Panel: Tiles and Layout.

Here you can add, delete and drag 'tiles' around.

GED.

Guest David Bate

R3 and Franco's Kernel R39 with the new Row scheduler (set at 60/95/15/15) is so smooth.

Great work Paul. :D

Edited by David Bate

Guest GedBlake

R3 and Franco's Kernel R39 with the new Row scheduler (set at 60/95/15/15) is so smooth.

Great work Paul.

Thanks for the heads up on that... didn't even know Franco had released a new kernel...

Just fastboot flashed it and... not had time to tinker with settings... but very smooth...

Great ROM and a great kernel...

GED.

Hi guys,

Just installed this ROM and everything seems to be working OK apart from the 'Email' app. When I try to open 'Email' from my app drawer I get the message 'unfortunately, Email has stopped'. I also have the app in a folder on my home page and when I select it from the folder I get the message ' app isn't installed'. Is this correct? I'd the Email app not in this new ROM?

Cheers guys,

Si