r12 **WiFi** (JDQ39 /CM 10.1): MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest GedBlake

Hi, Paul...

Been running r9 for 4 hours now... and apart from some minor problems with Koush's new SuperUser and associated binary, all is running fine.

The new SuperUser works, for the most part... but with certain apps, it's behaviour is decidedly odd - Titanium complains that 'there is something wrong with SU binary', but after a couple of reboot's it settles down fine and stops complaining.

ScriptManager doesn't seem to log correctly in the SuperUser app, but works fine otherwise... and Lagfix (fstrim) plain doesn't work at all! (Objects to trimming /data).

I've experimented with Koush's SuperUser before it became a part of Cyanogen and experienced similar problems... anyway, after a bit of messing around, I've managed to replace it with ChainFires SuperSU... It might not be 'open source', but it works flawlessly.

As does your ROM. Thanks for the great work...

Rgrds,

Ged.

Edited by GedBlake

Guest GedBlake

I also had lots of problems with SU and had to fall back to r8. GedBlake, how did you replace SU with SuperSU?

Hi, ChinaRon...

It involved a bit of tinkering and experimentation and I'm a little vague about the precise steps I took, but as far I can remember here's how I did it...

--------------

I flashed ChainFires SuperSU updater package (http://download.chai...perSU-v1.04.zip) in Recovery.

(This also removes any previously installed version of superuser).

This is the way I normally obtain ROOT, and I expected it to work without problems here.

Unfortunately it didn't; the SuperSU app itself didn't appear in the app drawer (as it normally does) and runnning 'su' in Terminal Emulator just caused TE to hang... so something wrong with the su binary.

I resolved it by then installing SuperSU as normal, from PlayStore (http://play.google.c...e.supersu&hl=en)... this placed the SuperSU icon in the app drawer, and upon running it, I was given the option of updating the su binary... which I did.

And all has been working fine so far.

Hope this helps...

Rgrds,

Ged.

Edited by GedBlake

Guest Puzzlegirl
I also had lots of problems with SU and had to fall back to r8. GedBlake, how did you replace SU with SuperSU?

What I did was to allow Superuser access for SuperSU, then disable Superuser access in its own menu. SuperSU then took over and I froze Superuser in Titanium Backup. It seemed to work fine with N7 and N4 :D

Guest k4955

snapback.pngk4955, on 24 February 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

Paul: there are lots of frustrated users annoyed with volume setting warning after 4.2.1 update. This is a nuisance when using headphone to listen to Google music. Are you planning to write a code to disable the notification or the least an acceptance by user once about the injury and never warn again?

Thanks

I'll look at removing that!

P

Paul: Thanks for removing the notification. Is there anyway the settings in DSP or Awesome Beats be saved for Headset usage? If Nexus is shutdown and restarted, the settings did not automatically kick in when headset pin was inserted. The volume level drops down and manually had to be increased.

Guest PaulOBrien

The kitchen has been update to the very latest nightly!

If kitchen users can test over the weekend and confirm all is well (back up first of course!), then i'll put the prebake live Monday.

There will be another ROM update next week which will be the first with some MCR features starting to move to an Xposed module, making it easy to toggle MCR features on and off!

P

Guest Oldbarzo

The kitchen has been update to the very latest nightly!

If kitchen users can test over the weekend and confirm all is well (back up first of course!), then i'll put the prebake live Monday.

There will be another ROM update next week which will be the first with some MCR features starting to move to an Xposed module, making it easy to toggle MCR features on and off!

P

HI Paul

Been trying to download from Kitchen prebake since you announced r11 but very slow and several times now it has frozen mid-way through.

I never had any problems like this previously.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Oldbarzo.

Edit: This is impossible. I am getting a miserable 35 - 42 Kb/s download speed from Modaco Kitchen and already have one aborted mid-way through.

Have just cancelled another attempt with the same download speeds.

Will try again later or tomorrow and see if it is any better. Never had any problems downloading previous iterations of Kitchen pre-bakes.

Edited by Oldbarzo

Guest David Bate

HI Paul

Been trying to download from Kitchen prebake since you announced r11 but very slow and several times now it has frozen mid-way through.

I never had any problems like this previously.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Oldbarzo.

Edit: This is impossible. I am getting a miserable 35 - 42 Kb/s download speed from Modaco Kitchen and already have one aborted mid-way through.

Have just cancelled another attempt with the same download speeds.

Will try again later or tomorrow and see if it is any better. Never had any problems downloading previous iterations of Kitchen pre-bakes.

Same here. Tried about 10 minutes ago, and it was a bit better. But still quite slow. Not the usual.

Guest Oldbarzo

Same here. Tried about 10 minutes ago, and it was a bit better. But still quite slow. Not the usual.

Hi

Tried again just this past minute and still the same. Reporting 1hr 30mins as download time.

Speed registering no higher than 61Kb/s.

Oldbarzo

Guest doooh61

Weird, dl'ing in 7-8 MB/s here.... (Sweden)

And everything working fine (at least for basic tasks)

Thanks a lot for making my N7 a better place to be!

Edited by doooh61

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi

This is ridiculous. Just tried to download r11 again and showing 3 hours+ required. Download speed showing 20Kb/s.

Have not had any problems downloading before from the Kitchen. Also not getting the same problem from XDA, just

downloaded a RAZRi rom from there to test in case my Broadband was at fault and no problems with speed.

Paul, anyone any ideas what could be causing this. I am on Virgin Media BB 60 using their Super Hub (Netgear I believe).

Oldbarzo

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi Paul

Thanks for your reply. Downloaded and installed.. Working well with no problems using Franco 56 Kernal.

Download took 15 mins but no hiccups as previously. Don't quite understand why I had so low rates but alls well that ends well.

Oldbarzo

Edited by Oldbarzo

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi

Anybody have a problem downloading the r12 Kitchen bake. Every tme I try it is reverting to the subscription screen and I am already Ad Free.

Stransky

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi

For some reason which I reported on previously, I am unable to download from the Kitchen, so I have installed the Jr 18 pre-bake while I attempt to discover why I am having problems with the Kitchen bakes.

Oldbarzo

Edited by Oldbarzo