Should I buy this phone?

Guest armageddon97

Guest apometru

ok...

let's start with pro's:

- gourgeous display: best px density on 720p devices, most natural colours of all because they are less saturated, the contrast is very good, black level is mid-range, the display could have been brighter but has no colour tint so that is very good (that means it's not blueish or other colours when you look straight at it)

-the processor and memory: performance is very good fot this price, however due to the os (ICS) it has some lagg (but very rare)

-shape: i think the design is different from what motorola, samsung, or sony has right now, it is very slim and you can easily manipulate it with one hand

-nice materials

con's:

- it comes with ice cream sandwich if you buy it from romania (otherwise you have official jelly released for fr and other countries)

- assembly quality (not build quality wich is actually very good because it has good hardware and materials): don't get me wrong everything is good except the backpanel that doesn't fit into place perfectly anymore if you open it too often

- battery: it's not bad but it could have been better (i use it not very much during one day but i have to charge it every day)

It's not a con but pay attention: if you are... unlucky you could get one that has problems with display (dead pixels) or one that reboots by itself.

I like it eventhough i had problems with it but that's because i got faulty ones from the start. Now this one works like a charm (and vache helped me a lot with wifi drivers when i bricked it and reflashed to the stock orgrod firmware).

So it's up to you :) good luck

Edited by apometru

Guest ReG4Life

It has a bad speaker.. very bad speaker.. I'm pretty dissapointed.. i thought Dolby Mobile would be something like "WOW" .

But if you don't care about playing music, go for it ;) .

Battery is actually pretty good... I had 3 days with 1,54 hours screen on and 40 min. Temple Run Game.. I guess it's pretty good.

Edited by ReG4Life

So, would you recommend it to a friend?

i not see an alternative for the same price... or the HTC one S for +55€?

Edited by Ciotto

Guest ReG4Life

HTC One S for +55€ ? F*ck that s*** ! :) 540 x 960 pixels, really ...

I told ya, if you don't care about speaker, JUST GO FOR IT..

Guest The PyroPath

Exactly the reason I got this phone, there is no alternative! Only thing I would love to see is a more active community with custom roms and such...

Exactly the reason I got this phone, there is no alternative! Only thing I would love to see is a more active community with custom roms and such...

i hope it too but need unlock the bootloader...

Guest Alvan Yap

ok...

let's start with pro's:

- gourgeous display: best px density on 720p devices, most natural colours of all because they are less saturated, the contrast is very good, black level is mid-range, the display could have been brighter but has no colour tint so that is very good (that means it's not blueish or other colours when you look straight at it)

-the processor and memory: performance is very good fot this price, however due to the os (ICS) it has some lagg (but very rare)

-shape: i think the design is different from what motorola, samsung, or sony has right now, it is very slim and you can easily manipulate it with one hand

-nice materials

con's:

- it comes with ice cream sandwich if you buy it from romania (otherwise you have official jelly released for fr and other countries)

- assembly quality (not build quality wich is actually very good because it has good hardware and materials): don't get me wrong everything is good except the backpanel that doesn't fit into place perfectly anymore if you open it too often

- battery: it's not bad but it could have been better (i use it not very much during one day but i have to charge it every day)

It's not a con but pay attention: if you are... unlucky you could get one that has problems with display (dead pixels) or one that reboots by itself.

I like it eventhough i had problems with it but that's because i got faulty ones from the start. Now this one works like a charm (and vache helped me a lot with wifi drivers when i bricked it and reflashed to the stock orgrod firmware).

So it's up to you :) good luck

well malaysia here is ship with Stock ICS as well

Guest Genchou
con's:

- it comes with ice cream sandwich if you buy it from romania

Same thing in Belgium, it seems the Cloudmobiles sold in stores comes in a Mobistar pack, having an image with the same "limitations" as the Romanian one (not able to flash the leaked JB and no certainty that an official update will ever be done by Mobistar)

Same thing in Belgium, it seems the Cloudmobiles sold in stores comes in a Mobistar pack, having an image with the same "limitations" as the Romanian one (not able to flash the leaked JB and no certainty that an official update will ever be done by Mobistar)

well, only if u buy it in mobistar shop, or, possibly, shops who are mobistar partner...I did buy it in vandenbore, at the time it was priced the same (289 €), and I have the -3 proc, flashed the leaked jb, unlocked the bootloader and flashed CWM...so there is at least one option in Belgium ;) I was lucky, didn't know about the mobistar variant...and I am happy to spread the word about what I think is a dirty trick...

Guest armageddon97

Thanks for al the reply's. And BTW I'm from Belgium (; It wass just thinking of it... I want a Phone that can last me for more than a year.. and also like to have custom roms ect. the thing holding me down is, it has a duelcore snapdragon s4.... but is it not better to wait for the quadcore midragers? I was also looking for the LG optimus 4x hd, comes at the market for like 350 euros... does annyone else have other sugetstions? should i wait for the quadcore phones? SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

Really, I do not feel limited by the processor at all....but it depend on what you do with your mobile of course. For demanding games, maybe, but I guess for 1 year, dual core krait at 1.5 GHz will be considered in the top speed for the vast majority of mobiles that game editor can target, so you should be ok.

If I had to add something, it would be a little bit of memory (1 GB is shared, meaning that 200 MB is taken by the GPU and not available for neither the OS or the apps...no problem now, but maybe in 2 version of android?), a notification led, capacitive button under the screen (why waste that space with a logo, while it could be used for input?)....and a lot of battery. The battery is really to small, sure you can tune your mobile and the proc is efficient, but still, for a mobile of this size and quality, the battery should have been 2000 mAh. Aftermarket will not solve the problem, there is just no place to fit much larger capacity, so either you have to go thicker...or charge often....or use an external battery (My plan, for the time where a power source is not available).

....but this would be for the cloudmobile 2. Right now, I feel it is still the best bang for you bucks you can get in Belgium (other options would be chinese brands like huawei, zte: their new mobiles seems nice, but not yet available...and too large, the CM is one of the only mobile with high end specs and a 4.3 screen)

Edited by gkai

Guest armageddon97

thanks for the reply, does maybe annyone know when there various companies are going to launch there new devices? including acer? is there a confrence in the near futur? also toughts about LG optimus L9 or optimus 4x hd?