Motorola MotoActv 8GB now £99.99

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

The Motorola MotoActv Android-based sports watch is now available for a very-reasonable-indeed £99.99, a considerable discount on it's £249.99 RRP!

The (admittedly rather chunky) watch packs a full Gingerbread OS under the surface with custom software, a 1.6" 176x220 display with touchscreen, WiFi, Bluetooth LE, 258mAh battery, GPS, Corning Gorilla Glass and 8GB of onboard storage. Charging is via microUSB and a 3.5mm headphone port is present.

Software wise the device supports logging a number of different sports (running, cycling, snowboarding etc...) with sync to the MotoACTV website as well as including Golf functionality. Of course, this is MoDaCo, and with a little effort it's easily rooted, a custom launcher installed and custom software installed - I use mine with Endomondo!

It's a great little machine, maybe not at RRP but at under £100 - no question! I'm running a custom ROM on mine that I might make available if there's enough interest.

Tempted? Head on over to the MotoActv site to learn more or Evans Cycles to buy! 3.03% cashback is available via TopCashback.

Tanz.png

Click here to view the item

Looks decent, the battery life must be pretty awful though.

PLEASE could you create a new forum for the £39.99 1ghz Alcatel OT-983 phone (£34.50 after quidco): http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/alcatel-ot-983-android-payg-39-99-shop-o2-1366627?page=21#post-comment

specs: http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/global-en/products/smartphones/one_touch_983.html#.UPiP_ydWySo

We have root already, 3 programs can unlock via usb, no code generation yet, we have a backup rom already, we just need a ClockworkMod Recovery and a cynagenmod rom for it so we can get rid of all the junk that alcatel pre-install like foreign language files which must take up around 50mb.

Guest Peter Jordow

I just placed my order as well.

I have used http://www.sportstracklive.com/ for 3 years now and want to be able to run that app.

I still however want the ability to answer phone calls and read text as it is in the stock rom.

O yes and I will also try to get spotify on there.

I would very much like to test your rom.

Thanks for this post

Guest stephen m

Got one of these when it was on Amazon for £83.00. Fantastic bit of kit, and very responsive and good battery too. Not sure why some would want to root it to use as a phone ! Just use it as intended and you wont go far wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Peter Jordow

I just received mine and I am looking for ways to install other apps on it. I will peobably go with DProm but I would really like to see what you have running on yours Paul

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.