[Recovery] ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.9 for ZTE Blade III

Guest KonstaT

Guest luk492

@KonstaT: When I asked the question I was on Miui and could enter bootloader nor 'su' in mobile terminal, so I flashed ur custom 4.4.2 and then via mobile terminal, entered the line of code and it worked! ;) Thanks

Guest KonstaT

@KonstaT: When I asked the question I was on Miui and could enter bootloader nor 'su' in mobile terminal, so I flashed ur custom 4.4.2 and then via mobile terminal, entered the line of code and it worked! ;) Thanks

Duh, if you already had custom recovery installed then why did you need to get to the bootloader in the first place? Just flash the zip in recovery to update to new version.

You need to enable USB-debugging in settings to use adb (like it says in the first post).

Guest KonstaT

Hey i see you are finnish so:

Oon rootannu ja ladannu clockwork modin onnistuneesti... sain kerran sen cwm:n jutun esille mut vahingos painoin siit pois enkä enää saa sitä esille... auta pliis  :D oon kokeillu monella eri tavalla

tota volyymii pienelle nappii käyttää kun käynnistän puhelinta... Auta! Tarviin tuon ihanaisen cyanogenmodin!  :D

EDIT: Nii ja kun teen niinku tos sanotaan nii tulee vaa FTM...

Same thing in english so anyone can help me:

I have rooted and installed CWM... i once succeeded to boot clockwork recovery but i accidentally clicked 

reboot and my phone rebooted. Now i cant get the CWM thing to show up... i press the volume down button when booting my phone up... it brings up a white box with FTM inside... and nothing happens afterwards... then i press power button until the phone boots up... i cant get to cmw  :(

Did you actually flash the recovery image and not just boot into it?

If you've installed stock ROMs or received OTA updates, you might have a script that will restore the stock recovery on reboot. You need to remove/rename/change permission on /system/etc/install-recovery.sh. Or when you reboot out of ClockWorkMod, there should appear a warning that says ClockWorkMod might get replaced. You can select from there if you want to disable that.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT

can someone please upload superuser, link doesnt work

Any root app will work. You have few to choose from (ChainsDD's SuperuserKoush's SuperuserChainfire's SuperSU).

Hey,

you created a small tutorial to install clockworkmod. (http://www.modaco.com/topic/360389-recovery-clockworkmod-6049-for-zte-blade-iii/)

I tried to follow it, but i'll not able to finish step 6. My phone (ZTE Blade 3) don't boot into the bootloader mode. All time when i use the "adb reboot bootloader" command it will reboot into the normal mode. I've allready installed an clockworkmod with version 5.5xx. Do you have any idea what i can try to make it works?

greetings

byt3r

If you already have ClockWorkMod installed, why don't you just flash the zip in CWM?

Guest KonstaT

I'm allready tried to flash it. But there is no different, it's still in version 5.5xx.

Now to think of if, there's never even been a CWM 5.5.x.x for Blade III. Where have you got one? Are you sure you even have this device...

Guest duca74

can someone tell me if there is a bug in the latest Updates, because they can not be set a specific tone for a specific contact, thanks in advance

Guest KonstaT

can someone tell me if there is a bug in the latest Updates, because they can not be set a specific tone for a specific contact, thanks in advance

Wow, you can do that from recovery? :P For start, it might help if you posted to the right thread...

Guest aleksandark29

Hey guys i have a problem with my phone,i don't have CWM when i want to enter it shows me FTM,and also a don't have a ROM installed on it.What should i do?

• 3 months later...

If you have already gained root access with some other root method, you can flash recovery using Terminal Emulator:

1. copy recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img to the root of your phone's sdcard

2. execute following commands in terminal emulator

su
dd if=/sdcard/recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17

My phone is rooted and so I want to flash recovery using terminal emulator.

..but I'm not that much of a pro or 'advanced user'  :rolleyes: so I just want to get sure. 

I have the .img on my sdcard which is named "sdcard" and so I would just enter the command:

But as KonstaT has put /sdcard/ and /dev/ in green letters I wonder if this means that I need to change the /dev/ in to my phone name. Or can I just enter this command as it is regardless what the name of my sdcard and device is?

I guess that's really basic, but I just don't want to mess up.

thx

Guest KonstaT

My phone is rooted and so I want to flash recovery using terminal emulator.

..but I'm not that much of a pro or 'advanced user'  :rolleyes: so I just want to get sure. 

I have the .img on my sdcard which is named "sdcard" and so I would just enter the command:

But as KonstaT has put /sdcard/ and /dev/ in green letters I wonder if this means that I need to change the /dev/ in to my phone name. Or can I just enter this command as it is regardless what the name of my sdcard and device is?

I guess that's really basic, but I just don't want to mess up.

thx

Color emphasis comes from the MoDaCo code box, I didn't add it. /sdcard is the path your sdcard is mounted to, not the name of your sdcard.

I'd still recommend following the proper steps and using fastboot to flash recovery image.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sbojanc

First of all, THANK YOU KonstaT for EVERYTHING. Your work is amazing. Really hard to find words for your contibution for our lives (owners of ZTE Blade III). :)

Really BIG thank you. :D

Question for all:

I have CWM v6.0.4.9 and I am wondering in which cases should I use restore option? And what I can get with "advanced restore"?

I tried to find answer myself, but couldn't.

Thanks again

Edited by sbojanc

Guest KonstaT

Question for all:

I have CWM v6.0.4.9 and I am wondering in which cases should I use restore option? And what I can get with "advanced restore"?

I tried to find answer myself, but couldn't.

Thanks again

Not exactly sure what you mean, but I think this was covered in Android custom ROMs 101. :P Creating a nandroid backup in recovery creates a complete image of you system at the time (ROM, kernel, all your personal apps/data/etc you've installed/set up). You can restore this backup whenever you feel the need to come back to a working configuration. This can happen e.g. when you only want to test out another ROM or completely mess up a ROM update. Another great wisdom, always BUBU (back up before updating) so you don't make a boo-boo! ;)

To use advanced restore, you'd need to know what is stored in each partiton first (/system, /data, /boot). For example if you were testing kernels and wanted to return to a known working configuration, you could just restore /boot. A lot faster than restoring the whole backup.

• 1 month later...
Guest MrPeneska

This is my build of Koush's ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.4.9. This recovery is common to all ZTE devices with board name atlas40 (e.g. ZTE Blade III, ZTE Acqua, V889D, V880E etc).

recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.9-atlas40.zip (CWM/TWRP flashable)
md5:8240530c5e891f7a6f52bb7ac5c23663

recovery-cwm6049-atlas40.img
md5:e3e94f9e993f7be0f4193e83f4dc9338

This recovery is fully working with goodies such as repeatable keys and adb sideload support. Use volume keys to navigate menus and power button to select.

Do not use this recovery to flash official updates from ZTE website! You need to repack them for ClockWorkMod or use the stock recovery to install.

How to make clean ROM dump/backup of your device (before you root or install cwm): (recommended)

1. download ZTE USB drivers

2. download and install Android SDK tools and platform-tools to get adb and fastboot

3. download recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img recovery image

4. create a new directory somewhere and copy adb.exe, fastboot.exe and recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img into it

5. plug in your device via USB cable and install drivers (make sure you've enabled USB debugging on your device)

6. change into the directory you've created and execute following commands in terminal window (boots into recovery instead of flashing it)

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot boot recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img

7. select backup & restore -> backup (Seriously, always backup your device before you install anything!)

How to install ClockWorkMod Recovery (windows):

2. download and install Android SDK tools and platform-tools to get adb and fastboot

4. create a new directory somewhere and copy adb.exe, fastboot.exe and recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img into it

5. plug in your device via USB cable and install drivers (make sure you've enabled USB debugging on your device)

6. change into the directory you've created and execute following commands in terminal window

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img
fastboot reboot

7. congratulations, you have installed cwm on to your device

8. boot into ClockWorkMod by pressing volume up (or down) while powering on or using 'adb reboot recovery'

9. select backup & restore -> backup (Seriously, always backup your device before you install anything!)

How to root your device via recovery:

1. download root app of your choice (ChainsDD's Superuser, Koush's Superuser, Chainfire's SuperSU) and save it to your sdcard

2. follow instructions on how to install/boot ClockWorkMod recovery

3. install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> root-app-of-your-choice.zip

If you have already gained root access with some other root method, you can flash recovery using Terminal Emulator:

su

How to restore stock recovery:

1. Follow instructions in ZTE Blade III stock ROMs thread

Sources for the recovery are available in my github. You can compile it yourself using CM11 source tree.

It would be nice if somebody did a guide for newbies about that SDK tools thing. I downloaded it once but didn't know how to use. And if possible, do a guide about this: How to make clean ROM dump/backup of your device (before you root or install cwm) and this: How to install ClockWorkMod Recovery (windows):

Guest MrPeneska

Actually I made it work untill:

When I write:

adb reboot bootloader

and 

it says <waiting for device> and I can see the green android icon on my phone.

Its stuck there, Im going to try to use the zip file on older version of CWM rec.which actually works.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest LAWREN91

This is my build of Koush's ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.4.9. This recovery is common to all ZTE devices with board name atlas40 (e.g. ZTE Blade III, ZTE Acqua, V889D, V880E etc).

recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.9-atlas40.zip (CWM/TWRP flashable)
md5:8240530c5e891f7a6f52bb7ac5c23663

recovery-cwm6049-atlas40.img
md5:e3e94f9e993f7be0f4193e83f4dc9338

This recovery is fully working with goodies such as repeatable keys and adb sideload support. Use volume keys to navigate menus and power button to select.

Do not use this recovery to flash official updates from ZTE website! You need to repack them for ClockWorkMod or use the stock recovery to install.

How to make clean ROM dump/backup of your device (before you root or install cwm): (recommended)

6. change into the directory you've created and execute following commands in terminal window (boots into recovery instead of flashing it)

adb reboot bootloader

7. select backup & restore -> backup (Seriously, always backup your device before you install anything!)

How to install ClockWorkMod Recovery (windows):

6. change into the directory you've created and execute following commands in terminal window

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm60xx-atlas40.img
fastboot reboot

7. congratulations, you have installed cwm on to your device

8. boot into ClockWorkMod by pressing volume up (or down) while powering on or using 'adb reboot recovery'

9. select backup & restore -> backup (Seriously, always backup your device before you install anything!)

How to root your device via recovery:

1. download root app of your choice (ChainsDD's Superuser, Koush's Superuser, Chainfire's SuperSU) and save it to your sdcard

2. follow instructions on how to install/boot ClockWorkMod recovery

3. install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> root-app-of-your-choice.zip

su

How to restore stock recovery:

1. Follow instructions in ZTE Blade III stock ROMs thread

Sources for the recovery are available in my github. You can compile it yourself using CM11 source tree.

i cannot flash my zte aqua please help when i flash it it stuck at boot (zte logo)

Guest MJonMoDaCo

can anyone help me? i cannot flash cwm on my zte acqua when i flash it it stuck at boot (zte logo)

1) What ROM were you on? (Stock or Custom)

2) Which version did you download and use - recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.9-atlas40.zip (CWM/TWRP flashable) or recovery-cwm6049-atlas40.img?

3) Have you tried entering recovery yet? (hold vol+up then press and hold the power button)

Guest LAWREN91

1) What ROM were you on? (Stock or Custom)

2) Which version did you download and use - recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.9-atlas40.zip (CWM/TWRP flashable) or recovery-cwm6049-atlas40.img?

3) Have you tried entering recovery yet? (hold vol+up then press and hold the power bu1tton)

1)what is stock rom?

2)i downloaded recovery-cwm6049-atlas40.img

3)yes it show android system recovery 3e

Guest MJonMoDaCo

1)what is stock rom?

2)i downloaded recovery-cwm6049-atlas40.img

3)yes it show android system recovery 3e

Okay, yes you're on a stock ROM (that is the ROM that came with your phone. Don't worry about recovery-cwm6049-atlas40.img for now. It's probably a bit harder for you to do that just yet, but keep the file anyway. I only know this because your recovery (android system recovery 3e) is the recovery you use to install a Stock ROM.

I need to know what country your phone was made for (phone company). Apparently some of the stock ROM download links are missing (ZTE has stopped serving some of the downloads). You can try to find your particular one here. Hopefully you can just flash it to your phone. Don't forget to do a factory reset first in recovery (3rd option down?). Then flash the ROM that is downloaded to your SD card, and you should be ready to go. Let us know how you go. Good luck.