MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

[ROM][20.1] Aurora Borealis RLS1 (Android 4.0.4)

171 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

the best rom i ever tried. 220mb free ram :P

Posted (edited) · Report post

hi, I have installed the rom and my notification led stopped working with WhatsApp. its not a big deal but still.

also i use SlideIT keyboard and when i write in Hebrew or in Russian all of the words get underlined in red like they are misspelled(a feature that i didn't have with the stock OS) there is an option to add the word to the dictionary, but is there a way to add the hole language and not word by word?

i changed my language setting to Russian and had the same problem with English and Hebrew. its as if the system only recognizes one language.

thanks in advance!

Edited by Sanshu13

Posted · Report post

Hello everyone. I'm new to modaco forum. This aurora rom, is good. But, why i chose this instead newest?

First, I haven't zte blade 3, I have ZTE Kis Lite(http://pdadb.net/ind...&c=zte_kis_lite)

Second, from this topic(http://pdadb.net/ind...&c=zte_kis_lite) I found that I can install android 4 on zte kis lite(or viettel v8043-the same phone) with edited kernel(zimage). I installed lewa os with zimage(zimage is mentioned in linked topic), but some errors. I don't like this rom.

Because lewa os works with my ZTE Kis Lite, i chose lewa as base rom, and this aurora as port rom because these are with the same android version.

I successfully ported aurora rom to ZTE Kis Lite, with edited lewa boot(with lewa's boot which is edited kernel with zimage), with this tutroial( http://www.androidsp...ml#.UhXlWxtmiSo), and edited build.prop with attached tutorial(as pictures)

I have the same errors as lewa os.

The errors are:

-The sim is not recognized

-when not touch on screen, the screen is flickering(but when i turn on wifi or connect usb cable, a there is a litle flickering, or it isn't flickering.)

-cannot connect to wifi( i type password for wifi, but cannot connect, it says saved, but not connected.

-Also, when I connect to usb via MTP or PTP, I cannot search sd card directories on computer, so i have to use card reader to browse the sd card on computer.

Some screenshot:

post-1023043-0-74160900-1377168958_thumbpost-1023043-0-88165700-1377168962_thumbpost-1023043-0-83531400-1377168972_thumbpost-1023043-0-54338200-1377168974_thumb

Posted · Report post

Ok guys, I like my stock ROM, but i can't overclock it... So I came here looking just for Kernel, and although there is some kind of link I have no idea what to do xD

Can someone provide me a link for Kernel from this ROM and a short instruction on how to put it in instead of my stock Kernel (and is it even possible to use another kernel with stock ROM...)

NOTE: I have CWM and rooted so just instruction on what to do with kernel file :D

Posted · Report post

I think this the fastest and bestt rom

Posted · Report post

is there a way to turn off the red underlining of miss spelled words, the ROM seems to be able to recognize only one language at a time(its not the launcher, i tried 3 different ones) and it bugs the hell out of me when i write SMSs in a language that is not the ROMs language and i didnt find anyway of adding other language dictionaries even though if you change the system language to Russian it does recognize the Russian words but then not the English ones...

thank in advance!

Posted · Report post

remove stock keyboard app from /system/app : )

Posted · Report post

Update?

Posted · Report post

The best ROM ever tested, but does not have Portuguese language?

Posted · Report post

Update?

What kind of update do you want?

Please, what languages does this ROM support?

I love the look of the stock ROM and prefer it over Cyanogen which I had on a LG p500 but it doesn't come with Italian language. Do you know if this one or which one has it?

Edited by viktor986

Posted · Report post

Please, what languages does this ROM support?

I love the look of the stock ROM and prefer it over Cyanogen which I had on a LG p500 but it doesn't come with Italian language. Do you know if this one or which one has it?

I know it's multilanguage, but for Italian not sure if support it.

Posted · Report post

I've been using this rom for a while now and i have noticed one major fault:

Whenever i was in Sweden or Estonia (basically roaming) via cruise ship, my phone could not register into mobile network. Back on finland shore i could use my phone again.

I think it's the ROM's fault because i saw a similar ZTE Blade III functioning proberly abroad the ship.

Posted · Report post

Whenever i was in Sweden or Estonia (basically roaming) via cruise ship, my phone could not register into mobile network. Back on finland shore i could use my phone again.

I think it's the ROM's fault because i saw a similar ZTE Blade III functioning proberly abroad the ship.

I don't think it's the fault of the ROM. If you are on Saunalahti/Elisa, roaming is disabled by default, and can be enabled in Oma Saunalahti.

Posted · Report post

Could you please check in the menu if it has Italian language too?

Posted · Report post

Could you please check in the menu if it has Italian language too?

It has the same languages the stock rom has. So, it doesn't have Italian language, at least on my phone. If you want Italian you should look into the CyanogenMod ROMs, which are smoother on this phone anyways. :)

Posted · Report post

Yeah there are no stock ROMs for this model in Italian. Not too bad but I'd like to have that "home" feeling from my phone :)
Which version of Cyanogen you think I should try best? I saw there are Android 4.1, .2 and .3 portings too...

Posted · Report post

I don't think it's the fault of the ROM. If you are on Saunalahti/Elisa, roaming is disabled by default, and can be enabled in Oma Saunalahti.

Oh darnit, so that was where the fault was. Could have been really useful before to know this.

Why is ROM doesnt boot? I stuck in android logon booting but nothing? I did wipe and format everything but still no go?

Edited by bihslk

Posted · Report post

Hi,

first of all, thanks for the great rom :) My girlfriend gave me her Blade 3 to fix (was extremely sluggish) and I installed this. Works great, way better than when it had the stock rom.

I just have one question. With the stock rom, when you set an alarm and turn off the phone (or it auto turns off due to low battery), it auto turns on in the morning to wake you up. I was given feedback that this rom doesn't do this - the phone has to be on for the alarm to work. Is there a way around this? The phone owner valued that feature really very, very much indeed and she asks me to enable it again.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for your work KonstanT. You are a GOD! I'm new into phones and you made it so easier. I really appreciate your work. Everything works great. Keep going, you are making people's lives (I mean ones who are too cheap to buy new phones) easier.