MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

[DEV][ROM][2014-06-16] CyanogenMod 10 (Continuation of KonstaT's work)

850 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Yeah, the FM radio stack in CyanogenMod was ported by the FreeXperia people. I can already start the FmRadioReceiver app you're showing in the screenshot, and scanning stations works too. It's just that audio output doesn't really work. :)

It's just what happens in my Xperia U, the app scans stations, but then no sound and I guess, not much to stay freexperia solve it, so I thought that, following their progress, they could extract some who can help.

Haha, I think mine with CM and radio, is a curse, sorry for my English xD

Posted · Report post

Unnecessary work and extra efforts, no one even uses ancient FM.

Posted · Report post

I agree with you FM is a relic from previous millennium and has nothing to do with nowadays advanced devices. :)

Posted · Report post

I agree with you FM is a relic from previous millennium and has nothing to do with nowadays advanced devices. :)

Agreed :D

Posted · Report post

FM is worth the trouble for completeness' sake. :) Although the Blade is probably near the end of life for most people, it would be great to have a feature-complete and up to date Android for it.

Posted (edited) · Report post

FM is worth the trouble for completeness' sake. :) Although the Blade is probably near the end of life for most people, it would be great to have a feature-complete and up to date Android for it.

+1 and I agree with you. Keep up the good work.

Edited by anantk

Posted · Report post

exactly...!! +1

Posted · Report post

FM, for indians only. :P

Posted · Report post

If you don't need it, just don't comment it, is it so hard?

Posted · Report post

Wait till there's a zombie uprising which gnaws through the internet cables :D

Posted · Report post

for me voice dictation to sms is more important

Posted · Report post

for me voice dictation to sms is more important

Sure! SMS is the future! ¬¬

I agree with the importance of voice dictation, but also FM radio, it saves a lot of battery instead of being connected to the data network to be informed of a football match for example.

Posted · Report post

Regarding FM radio, I have finished a vendor library implementation, and it seems to work just fine. Here's the code. Unfortunately, the new FM radio framework relies on a different working principle. The radio in the Blade just patches the audio through the analog audio mixer, the new framework instead is designed to record the live audio from the FM chipset and play it back like regular media files. So actual playback doesn't function properly yet, unless you somehow unmute audio while the radio is tuned to a station.

Maybe someone that knows more about Android's audio system could take a look at this... basically, the FM audio routing and volume control found in Gingerbread needs to be reimplemented.

The new FM Radio framework doesn't compile in CM9, although someone merged some patches and some people said it was OK.. I guess no one tested it really!

Your code compiles fine in CM9, except I had to change all ALOGs to LOGs.. :)

Posted · Report post

Hello, I'd like to thanks for a nice stable ROM. I have a question about MMS. I've tried previous Konstat buid, than I switched to 4.2.1, and reverted back to this Deamond build. Everything works as it should be, except sending and receiving MMS. I can get them, while I am connected with WiFi (and mobile data ON). If I disconnect, I just keep getting Sending, or Message cant be retrieved message. If I switch WiFi on and connect to hotspot everything is just fine. Well most of time, I am on Edge/Gprs.

I've checked APN's, they're OK. I'm really sorry, if I have missed something..

Posted · Report post

What is the correct way to flash? Format system, wipe cache, dalvik, flash rom and gapps, thats all? Or do I need to wipe anything after flash?

What is the correct way to flash? Format system, wipe cache, dalvik, flash rom and gapps, thats all? Or do I need to wipe anything after flash?

Clean Install

Format system

Factor reset / wipe data

Flash ROM

Flash Gapps

Reboot

Update ROM

Flash ROM

Reboot

Edited by De@n

Posted · Report post

Clean Install

Format system

Factor reset / wipe data

Flash ROM

Flash Gapps

Reboot

Update ROM

Flash ROM

Reboot

Posted · Report post

Very good rom. Works like a charm. Probably the best blade rom I have ever tried. Waiting for coming updates (hopefully). :)

Posted · Report post

This is a great rom been using it for a couple of weeks now, it is stable and good battery life but one thing, not really much but when i lock the screen the screen off animation happens then the screen goes black for a second then flashes the lockscreen then goes off again any fix for this. Anyway it is a good rom and nice to see somebody carrying on with KonstaT's works :) keep up the good work Daemond

By the way I would like to see the Fm radio working it would be a nice bonus!

By the way, does anyone remember how FM radio volume control was done from an end-user point of view on Gingerbread (CM7)? Was it fully integrated with system volume control?

Edited by daemond

By the way, does anyone remember how FM radio volume control was done from an end-user point of view on Gingerbread (CM7)? Was it fully integrated with system volume control?

I guess this link http://www.modaco.co...or-zte-bladesf/ will give you an idea :)

And this link http://andorko.hu/android/ belongs to FM Radio author Andorko :)

Edited by anantk

Posted · Report post

This doesn't help much. This is one of the early apps that (more or less) directly talks to the hardware. CM7's radio is quite different, and uses framework interfaces to configure the radio and volume.

Nevermind, I'll just read the CM7 sources.

Posted · Report post

In the Swedish Snow radio volume control is made via radio app. System volume does not influence radio volume.

Posted · Report post

I don't know exactly where I saw it, but the FM Radio in CM7 is using the Music Stream, so, fully integrated in system volume control..

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I figured that out about 20 minutes ago myself. ;) The FM volume is coupled to music volume via the alias system of the AudioService. Quite a nice solution. I am currently trying to get this working, it shouldn't be hard. Switching FM audio on/off is already working.